Re: A few characters cool smiley
March 07, 2012 10:36AM
FTJ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks much! On a short hiatus now. Other things
> need my attention, including my son's first
> birthday party this weekend. Yea, Hayden! grinning smiley

Happy birthday wishes to your son!

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
FTJ
March 19, 2012 07:49PM
Some trick arrows for Quick Draw, effectively a twice/day omni-gadget, and he can choose from the following effects (at least at the time of this writing):

· Boxing glove: Excellent blunt damage (classic comic book trick arrow smiling smiley )
· Cable: 3 area length, holds up to 800 lbs
· Fast-drying putty: Excellent strength entangling
· Fire suppressant: Excellent intensity, affects 1 area
· Flare: Excellent intensity light, 1 area
· Laser-guided: Reroll a miss at Excellent Agility rank, may be combined with any other arrow effect
· Laughing gas: Effectively Good intensity stun effect, affects all targets within 1 area
· Tear gas: Good intensity, affects all targets within 1 area (c.f. APB p.46)

I miss Gene.

All-New Future Force (BASH! UE)
Marvel MC2 builds for BASH! Ultimate Edition

"Now, before I slay you all, behold my master plan!" — The Mole Man, Fantastic Four #1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2012 07:31PM by FTJ.
FTJ
March 20, 2012 08:16PM
Here's a group of heroes who operate out of Geneva... The Euronauts!

Tricolore was a French resistance fighter captured by the Nazis and used as an experimental test subject by the Red Skull and his goons. He was subjected to a combination of radiation and magic, but when the Invaders crashed the party, the process went out of control and endowed Tricolore with superhuman powers. He has been one of Europe's leading heroes for decades.

The Sparrow is an english girl and aspiring singer who developed sonic powers after lightning struck her recording studio.

Eklipse is the son of Nightcrawler and Mara Keller (from the comic X-Men: Manifest Destiny: Nightcrawler). In this reality, they wed and had a child, who inherited some of his dad's powers, but is more of a beefed up version as opposed to the flimsy circus acrobat that Kurt was. smiling smiley (see attached pic for this character)

TRICOLORE
Jean-François Chevalier

F: Ex(20)
A: Ex(20)
S: Am(50)
E: Am(50)
R: Ty(6)
I: Ex(20)
P: Gd(10)

Health: 140
Resources: Ty(6)
Popularity: 35

KNOWN POWERS:

Body Armor: Tricolore has Excellent protection against physical damage.

Life Extension: Though not truly immortal, Jean-François ages at only a tenth the rate of the average human. Although he is approaching 100 years old, he has the body of a 35-year-old.

TALENTS: Tricolore has the Leadership talent, and speaks both French and English.

CONTACTS: Tricolore has contacts in the French and EU governments, and with the S.H.I.E.L.D. organization.

---------------------------------

THE SPARROW
Emily Clarke

F: Gd(10)
A: Gd(10)
S: Ty(6)
E: Ex(20)
I: Ty(6)

Health: 46
Popularity: 20

KNOWN POWERS:

Sound Generation: The Sparrow has sonic powers of Remarkable rank. She can emit a blast of sound that inflicts up to power rank damage on the Force column, either as a wide-beam attack that affects all targets within 1 area, or a narrow beam effective against a single target. She is also able to fly at Good speed (8 areas/round) by creating and riding sonic waves.

TALENTS: Emily Clarke is a talented singer with the Performer skill.

CONTACTS: Though now a full-time superhero, Emily still has contacts in the recording industry.

---------------------------------

EKLIPSE
Hans Wagner

A: Rm(30)
S: Ex(20)
E: Ex(20)
I: Gd(10)
P: Ex(20)

Health: 90
Popularity: 2

KNOWN POWERS:

Teleportation: Eklipse can teleport up to one-half mile in any direction with Unearthly accuracy. He can make multiple attacks with power rank ability, and opponents receive a -2CS to hit him when he is using rapid teleports.

Blending: Eklipse's dark coloration allows him to blend into shadows. Under night or dark conditions, opponents must succeed on a red Intuition FEAT to notice him if he is stationary, or a green FEAT if he is moving stealthily. No FEAT is required to see him if he is engaged in obvious movement or combat.

TALENTS: Eklipse is trained in Acrobatics and Tumbling. He speaks fluent German, French and English, and has also studied Latin.

CONTACTS: Hans Wagner is a devout Catholic, and a member of the Ordo Franciscanus Saecularis. As such, fellow Franciscans are considered friendly contacts to him.

I miss Gene.

"Now, before I slay you all, behold my master plan!" — The Mole Man, Fantastic Four #1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2012 09:29PM by FTJ.
Attachments:
open | download - eklipse.jpg (27 KB)
March 21, 2012 09:58AM
Love the Euronauts! thumbs up

btw, planning on a potential 'Mole Twins' cameo in an upcoming adventure, also featuring the Outcasts and a host of other subterranean surprises... should be a good one smiling smiley

FASERIPPED! A play-by-post Marvel adventure

Write-ups: Rottweiler, Hardknox, The Outcasts, Kaela, Magua, The Human Fly

"Don't over think any weapons or powers too much. Try to keep it simple and implement House Rules where you think situations don't make sense, or if the Books don't provide enough details" - TankerAce

"Some rules are just very bad, very poorly thought out, and should simply be discarded because of how completely illogical they are." - Nightmask
FTJ
March 21, 2012 03:52PM
Relic Wrote:
> btw, planning on a potential 'Mole Twins' cameo in
> an upcoming adventure, also featuring the Outcasts
> and a host of other subterranean surprises...
> should be a good one smiling smiley

Sweet! Actually I've had in idea on the back burner where one of the Mole Twins gets kidnapped. Maybe the Outcasts reunite in my timeline to help out. cool smiley

I miss Gene.

FTJ
March 26, 2012 05:27PM
Future Force #13: "On the Road"

Worked in a brief Varos one-shot, where he's embarked on a cross-country road trip to visit his nephew, Argo the Almighty. Varos stops at a diner in a small midwestern town, and gets in a scuffle with a corrupt sheriff and his wife-beater son. Sort of a "man with no name" scenario where Varos cleans up the town and rides off into the sunset. smiling smiley

Hopefully a full group adventure will be forthcoming before too long.

I miss Gene.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2012 05:28PM by FTJ.
FTJ
March 27, 2012 07:38PM
Here's a character aged up for an MC2 inspired verse, but taken from the pages of Amazing Spider-Man, where he's a wiz kid working with Peter Parker at Horizon Labs. (The pic is from ASM #679.1, though the stats reflect an adult version, when he's grown up to become a monster fighter extraordinaire...)

BIG DAMN HERO
Uatu Jackson

S: Gd(10)
E: Rm(30)
R: Rm(30)

Health: 80
Resources: Gd(10)
Popularity: 14

KNOWN POWERS:

Equipment: Uatu Jackson has no known superhuman abilities, but he possesses a large cache of equipment suitable for fighting nearly any monstrous menace he may come across. He has designed much of this equipment himself, but he also carries a variety of standard weapons, from crossbows to laser pistols. In game terms, he is considered to have access to equipment of up to Incredible rank, tailored to a specific need (such as U.V. weapons for fighting vampires).

TALENTS: Uatu Jackson has Incredible Reason in the subject of monster trivia. He is trained in Martial Arts A, B and D, as well as the Marksman and Blunt Weapons skills. He also has the Computers, Electronics, Repair/Tinkering and Detective/Espionage talents.

CONTACTS: Uatu Jackson remains close friend with his former co-worker, Peter Parker.

I miss Gene.

Attachments:
open | download - uatujackson.jpg (224.7 KB)
FTJ
April 18, 2012 12:47PM
Time for another Future Force adventure, told in the exciting Marvel style! grinning smiley Inspired in part by Jonathan Hickman's Old Atlantis story...

Future Force #14: "The Menace of Koddura"
Future Force #15: "Koddura Attacks!"

The team is reunited and working with SHIELD to try and track down the Warmongers. They get help from a young SHIELD tech, Samantha Knox, who seems to have a crush on Kid Marvel. At one point she awkwardly asks if he would like to engage in courtship rituals. smiling smiley The budding romance is put on hold when they locate a strange energy reading coming from Antarctica. Sam joins the team as they travel to a Russian base located above the sub-glacial Lake Vostok.

Deep in the lake they find a mysterious crystal formation which contains a humanoid figure. They bring the crystal to the surface for study, and against the express directive of SHIELD, a Russian scientist opens it, reviving a legendary Atlantean king named Koddura. An Eternal/Atlantean hybrid, Koddura is an immortal tyrant who ruled millennia ago, before he was overthrown and imprisoned in the most remote part of the world that the ancient Atlanteans could put him.

Now that he's free, Koddura threatens to wreak havoc on the world. But after a fight which pretty well trashes the Russian outpost, the Future Force manages to subdue him, and SHIELD arrives to take custody of him.

I miss Gene.

Tig
April 18, 2012 01:51PM
Cool characters
April 19, 2012 11:26AM
FTJ Wrote:
> Time for another Future Force adventure, told in
> the exciting Marvel style! grinning smiley Inspired in part by
> Jonathan Hickman's Old Atlantis story...
>
> Future Force #14: "The Menace of Koddura"
> Future Force #15: "Koddura Attacks!"
>
> The team is reunited and working with SHIELD to
> try and track down the Warmongers. They get help
> from a young SHIELD tech, Samantha Knox, who seems
> to have a crush on Kid Marvel. At one point she
> awkwardly asks if he would like to engage in
> courtship rituals. smiling smiley The budding romance is put
> on hold when they locate a strange energy reading
> coming from Antarctica. Sam joins the team as they
> travel to a Russian base located above the
> sub-glacial Lake Vostok.
>
> Deep in the lake they find a mysterious crystal
> formation which contains a humanoid figure. They
> bring the crystal to the surface for study, and
> against the express directive of SHIELD, a Russian
> scientist opens it, reviving a legendary Atlantean
> king named Koddura. An Eternal/Atlantean hybrid,
> Koddura is an immortal tyrant who ruled millennia
> ago, before he was overthrown and imprisoned in
> the most remote part of the world that the ancient
> Atlanteans could put him.
>
> Now that he's free, Koddura threatens to wreak
> havoc on the world. But after a fight which pretty
> well trashes the Russian outpost, the Future Force
> manages to subdue him, and SHIELD arrives to take
> custody of him.

so very awesome grinning smiley

you'll be happy to know my group's budding superteam -- a battle-staff weilding, martial artistic mind-blaster; a recently-unemployed electro-manipulator; a 75-yr old image animator and dabbler of powerful dark forces; and the team's hub, a magentic/earth-controlling super-heroine, plus a player-created NPC Bat-boy (yes, THE Weekly World News Bat-boy) -- answered the distress plea of a young, demi-human faun named N'yhrri, who teleported the group 2.5 miles beneath the Farallon Islands north of the Golden Gate Bridge, to the previously-unknown Subterranean city of Volarus, ruled by Thera and Thorgil -- aka the Mole Twins! (took liberties with names)

Essentially, the Mole Twins sent N'yhrri to seek aid against another set of twins - albino brothers and former city guardians - who claimed ascendence as rightful new rulers of Volarus after the recent death of the city's founder, Volaram II. Banished by the Thera and Thorgil, the albinos quickly recruited powerful surface-world mutants (some of whom the heroes have clashed before) then launched an assault on Volarus, with the goal of over-taking the small city and seizing/employing its prized treasure -- the Proteus Conch (a lesser version of the Horn of Proteus) but still a mighty Atlantean artifact in its own right, stolen from Namor and capable of unleashing/controlling powerful deviant mutate monstrosities (someone say, dormant West Coast offspring of Giganto?)

So far the group has battled the Outcasts, only to find it a misunderstanding and that they are in fact on the same side, then the collective battled and defeated super-powered recruit guards, some Molloid minions, and reclaimed the city's Royal Palace -- only to find the Mole Twins are missing!

The journey continues in a few weeks, but has been epic so far... I'm glad I asked to use them smiling smiley

"Don't over think any weapons or powers too much. Try to keep it simple and implement House Rules where you think situations don't make sense, or if the Books don't provide enough details" - TankerAce

"Some rules are just very bad, very poorly thought out, and should simply be discarded because of how completely illogical they are." - Nightmask

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2012 11:28AM by Relic.
FTJ
April 19, 2012 05:36PM
Thanks Tig, glad you like them. smiling smiley

And the Mole Twins have names now! I need to write this down. cool smiley

Your group of characters sounds really cool, Relic. I hope they find the Mole Twins safe and sound, and restore peace and justice to Subterranea. smiling smiley

I miss Gene.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2012 05:37PM by FTJ.
FTJ
April 22, 2012 06:34PM
And now, a next-gen version of Alpha Flight...

Decimator is the son of Japanese immigrants. He holds several advanced degrees, and designed a suit of armor so he could serve Canada as a superhero. Goldstrike was a miner who stumbled upon an enchanted pickaxe of unknown origin. Its powers granted him superhuman abilities. Ms. Mercury is a mutant from Quebec with superspeed powers. Permafrost is another mutant, and the youngest recruit on the team. At just 16 years old, she's still learning to master her powers.

-----

DECIMATOR
Yukio Hattori

A: Gd(10)
S: In(40)
E: In(40)
R: Rm(30)

Health: 100
Resources: Ex(20)
Popularity: 12

KNOWN POWERS:

Powered Armor: All of Decimator's powers are derived from his suit of armor. Without the suit, he has the following physical abilities:

F: Pr(4)
A: Ty(6)
S: Pr(4)
E: Ty(6)

Health: 20

In addition to increased physical abilities, Decimator's suit has the following features:
· Remarkable protection against physical and energy damage
· Excellent flight (10 areas/round)
· Excellent rank infrared vision
· Wrist guns: Excellent shooting damage, 2 area range
· Rocket launcher: Remarkable energy damage, 3 area range
· Flame thrower: Incredible energy damage on the first round, Good damage on subsequent rounds until put out (or for 1-10 rounds)

TALENTS: Yukio Hattori has the Chemistry, Computers, Electronics and Physics skills. He speaks both English and Japanese fluently.

-----

GOLDSTRIKE
Paul Duncan

A: Ty(6)
S: Am(50)
E: Am(50)
I: Ty(6)
P: Ty(6)

Health: 126
Popularity: 11

KNOWN POWERS:

Enchanted Pickaxe: Goldstrike wields a magic pickaxe made of Unearthly material strength. It inflicts Monstrous edged damage when he uses it as a weapon. The pickaxe also triggers his transformation from his normal human form into his powered form, which requires one round to activate. In human form, Paul Duncan has Excellent rank Strength and Endurance, and Health 66. As the hero Goldstrike, his body transforms into an organic golden alloy which provides Amazing protection against physical damage, and Remarkable protection versus energy damage. He also gains Amazing resistance to magic, and does not require air while in his golden state.

TALENTS: None.

-----

MS. MERCURY
Valerie Dupree

E: In(40)
R: Gd(10)
I: Ex(20)

Health: 76
Popularity: 3

KNOWN POWERS:

Lightning Speed: Ms. Mercury can run at Shift X speed (12 areas/round) and can accelerate to top speed in a single turn. She gains Good body armor while running.

TALENTS: Valerie Dupree is a trained nurse with First Aid skill. She speaks French and English.

-----

PERMAFROST
Amanda Colson

F: Ty(6)
E: Gd(10)

Health: 42
Resources: Pr(4)
Popularity: 0

KNOWN POWERS:

Ice/Cold Generation: Permafrost can generate ice for use as a weapon, inflicting up to Remarkable blunt or edged damage, using Agility to hit. She can also generate cold of Remarkable rank.

Resistance to Cold: Permafrost has Remarkable resistance to cold temperatures. She can easily tolerate temperatures as low as -30 degress Fahrenheit.

TALENTS: Amanda Colson has the Student talent.

I miss Gene.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2012 09:23PM by FTJ.
April 24, 2012 07:05PM
FTJ Wrote:
> Thanks Tig, glad you like them. smiling smiley
>
> And the Mole Twins have names now! I need to write
> this down. cool smiley
>
> Your group of characters sounds really cool,
> Relic. I hope they find the Mole Twins safe and
> sound, and restore peace and justice to
> Subterranea. smiling smiley

well, not MY group... i only Watch and cannot intervene in the lives and decisions of my players winking smiley having trouble locking down the nxt game date though; so whether all peace and justice gets restored to Subterranea is gonna be determined a little further down the line :\

April 25, 2012 09:20AM
btw, forgot to mention... Paul 'Goldstrike' Duncan ROCKS! (or "Shines!" or whatever else bad pun I can't think of atm - one of my fav's so far thumbs up)

FTJ
April 25, 2012 11:18AM
Well, Goldstrike was the only idea I had for Alpha Flight, so then I had to do some quickie generic ideas to fill out the roster. Maybe I should have just left Goldstrike as a solo act. He's a good beer swilling Canadian manly man. I could definitely see him getting into a drinking contest with Varos. Actually Varos did have a vodka drinking contest with a Russian in the Koddura adventure, which ended in a tie with them both passed out. So there is a precedent for this kind of behavior with him. smiling smiley

I miss Gene.

FTJ
May 09, 2012 10:29AM
Getting caught up on adventure summaries...

Future Force #16: "Storm Damage"
Future Force #17: "Fight Night"

Kid Marvel takes a bit of a publicity hit when a scientist goes on TV criticizing the weather control tech he developed with state funds, and claiming to have developed a superior system. The team joins lots of media types out in the California desert to witness the first test of this new set up, but the device goes haywire, causing a massive lightning storm and raging tornado. It turns out the whole thing was engineered by the Warmongers, with Dead Ringer disguised as the scientist. The team has to let him escape in the chaos as they focus on protecting the bystanders and disabling the device.

Back at home, Varos is craving action (i.e. he wants to hit something) so he gets together with a group of promoters who are resurrecting the old Ulimited Class Wrestling Federation. Varos signs up to be one half of the main event, fighting Jacob Grimm for the vacant title formerly held by his father Ben, aka the Thing. Varos is outmatched in raw power, but uses his superior Olympian fighting skills to good effect early, initially gaining the upper hand. But Jacob slowly wears him down. An exhausted Varos eventually lets Jacob pin him for the win, playing it up for the crowd in true pro wrestling style. smiling smiley

I miss Gene.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2012 10:30AM by FTJ.
FTJ
January 15, 2013 09:55AM
So, I'm trying to get together a Future Force relaunch, and Varos has moved on (joined the Avengers or something, I don't know. smiling smiley ). In his place we have Rampage.

No MSH stats, as the relaunch is tentatively being done with the BASH system. (It's kind of like Hero lite, an effects based system but much more user friendly). Anyway, here is his background, and I included the BASH stats for those who might be curious or familiar with this system:

"A new character to replace Varos on the team, this one inspired by the pic on p.45 of BASH! UE. He's the son of Betty Ross, and our MC2 answer to the red Hulk phenomenon.

"When Betty was pregnant, there was concern that the baby might be affected by the energy her cells had absorbed during the gamma test that created the Hulk. Reed Richards created a formula saturated by cosmic rays, which he hoped would inoculate the unborn child against gamma mutation, but it didn't work quite as expected. Young Nathan was born with the latent ability to Hulk up, and joined the Future Force as..."

Rampage:
For those unfamiliar with BASH, Rampage's power level is more like the original She-Hulk. And the picture that inspired him looks like a strong red-skinned guy, but of normal human proportions, not a full-blown Hulk.

I miss Gene.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2013 09:59AM by FTJ.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 105
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.