Re: Greeting and Salutations - The Official Introduction Thread
November 19, 2008 01:28PM
Hello.
November 19, 2008 02:47PM
Greetings and welcome to the boards! smiling smiley
November 19, 2008 05:58PM
So where do I sign up to play? I've been searching the forums for the place to submit my character for GM approval.
November 19, 2008 06:24PM
Dead Sidekick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So where do I sign up to play? I've been searching
> the forums for the place to submit my character
> for GM approval.

There are a number of games running right now, some of which are still taking Players. Recently I moved the three most currently posted campaign threads to the top of the Discussion board. They should be somewhere near the top, or at least on the first page. Check those out, then Private Message or E-Mail the Judges if you like. All of those games are ran on Google or Yahoo! There are at this time, no games being run on this board. This website and forum serve more as a resource for Players and Judges, rather than a center for gaming itself.

Feel free to send me a Private Message if you have any further questions, or simply post them in the appropriate forum and I'm sure one of our senior members will respond in kind.

Welcome to the boards. cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
November 19, 2008 10:48PM
Welcome, Dead Sidekick smileys with beer
November 20, 2008 06:17PM
Aw nuts. I thought this website was a game. How embarassing.

Okay, I get it now.
November 20, 2008 07:50PM
Dead Sidekick,

> Aw nuts. I thought this website was a game.

Your not the first one man. No worries.

> How embarassing.

Not at all. We've considered adding a gaming board, but right now there is just too much other stuff going on behind the scenes here.

> Okay, I get it now.

Nice. If you really want to game, do check out those threads. Also not a bad idea to post whatever character(s) your thinking of playing in the Your Favorites section, as it makes it an easy reference for would-be Judges.

Good luck! cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2008 07:50PM by The Last Duskblade.
November 22, 2008 10:19PM
I may do that soon. I've played several different superhero genre RPGs, but I always liked the old Marvel FASERIP system (I'm old skool...)

I was surprised people still play this game. The d/l section here has just about every module I can think of. Wow!
November 25, 2008 08:04PM
Greetings.

The name's Nathan,

A little bit about me.. I've been roleplaying since about '83, and MSHRPG was the second system I played. (D&D was the first). I was always one o those overactive achievers as a child, and as such the first books I read were Robert E. Howard's Conan series. I was 4 at the time ( I know how old I was cause i was reading Conan of Aquilonia during the first Mt. St. Helens eruption). Followed shortly after by Heinlein, Asimov, Lovecraft, Clarke, McCaffery and Norton. I've never really lived in the "real" world because I find it too darn boring. Who cares about elections when the X-men are battling the Brotherhood? Or when Kang has the Avengers over a barrel? I have a vast library of hard copy books, and a fair library of comic books (although due to "life" have not been able to maintain the collection.) Over the years I've played most of the systems here, but D&D (in all it's editions), and MSH have always been mainstays.

I've been married for 3 years, and have a 2 year old daughter, (too young to teach how to R.P.) and my wife's a gamer too. We're both Otaku, although not of the Yiffing variety. My favourite anime's are in no particular order, Bleach, Kenshin, Ranma 1/2, Robotech, Naruto (the manga), Fruits Basket.

I work as a Security Officer for a Private company in the GTA, and have been in the security field for 15 1/2 years. Interests include Reading, Writing (working on a novel), Martial Arts, Ancient Asia Spec. Japan, poetry, and singing. I'm also an Adult Sunday School teacher for my local congregation.

I used to lurk around when aunt petunia ran the site, but never registered, so I recognize some of the names here, and finally decided to register. I must say glad to be here.

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
November 25, 2008 08:12PM
Welcome to the boards Nathan. Glad to have you. cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
November 25, 2008 09:12PM
thanks. I appreciate that.

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
November 26, 2008 05:22AM
Another Ranma 1/2 fan! Right on! So who's your favorite characters? Mine are Ryoga and Ukyou.

Welcome to the boards, man! smiling smiley
November 26, 2008 09:40AM
Welcome, Chronomancer / Nathan smiling smiley
November 26, 2008 10:12AM
I'd have to go with Grand Master Happosai, and the heir to the Anything goes school of Martial Arts Ranma Satome but i also love Nabiki. (I think she's the one that enables the school to stay open.) and as Dumb as they are, I still have a soft spot for Kuno and Kodachi
December 18, 2008 04:58PM
Hiya, I recognize a couple of you from the mailing list. I'm Doggie, I use to bug people on that list every so often and did some art work for a couple people.
I run 3 games on yahoogroups, 2 MSH games and a DnD Greyhawk game. I also run a #Ravenloft game on Darkmyst mIRC.
I'm really glad to see Marvel isn't dead and it still lives somewhere.
December 18, 2008 05:47PM
Welcome to the boards, Doggie. Good to see you. smiling smiley
December 18, 2008 09:08PM
Welcome back Doggie! cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
December 19, 2008 11:34AM
Welcome, Doggie smileys with beer
December 28, 2008 04:09PM
Just realized that I never said hello when I joined.

I've been interested in the old MSH game since the late 80's when I found a copy of the advanced set in some toy store somewhere. I've been reading Marvel comics since I could, well, read and I was hooked on the concept of playing in the world from the first page.

Now this is where I'm sure I differ from most here that have had the game since the 80's--I've never actually played it. Yep. Never had friends into rpg's as a kid and teen so we all wound up playing sports or video games. With the advent of the internet I've had the ambition of playing the game online for years now. I'm hoping to make that a reality soon.

Sorry, Logan. Super Heroes wear costumes. And quite frankly, all the black leather is making people nervous.--Cyclops, Astonishing X-Men #1
December 28, 2008 04:44PM
Welcome aboard, Robert! smiling smiley
Re: Greeting and Salutations - Welcome, Robert
December 28, 2008 05:39PM
Welcome indeed. Always good to have more folks hanging out and discussing things. smileys with beer
January 05, 2009 03:31PM
Hello everyone. I am a life long comics lover with Marvel taking up most of my collection. I still have them in boxes somewhere in a closet in my house. I got into RPGs sometime after taking up my comics collecting in the late 80s and early 90s. I played DC Comics role playing, D&D, Robotech, Rifts and of course Marvel RPG. Growing up and various room changes and moves have left my books packed somewhere buried in the garage which is why I was excited to find this site and see all of the texts faithfully in digital format. I have been reading this site for a short while now and made an account to get in these heated comics debates smiling smiley

I love that the game is still around and figured I have some time to discuss an old hobby I loved.

My favorite characters and comics growing up-

Daredevil
The Hulk
X-Men
Wolverine
Bullseye
The Taskmaster
Captain America
Spawn

More recently-

Preacher
Hellblazer
Sandman
The Boys
Deadpool
Re: Greeting and Salutations - Welcome, Soulassassin
January 05, 2009 04:27PM
Pull up a chair, enjoy a cold drink out of the cooler, and I hope you have quite an enjoyable time here. smileys with beer
Re: Greeting and Salutations - Welcome, Soulassassin
January 05, 2009 04:32PM
Don't mind if do.

Thanks
January 05, 2009 05:15PM
Heya Soulassassin. Good to see new blood around here. Welcome to the forums! smiling smiley
January 05, 2009 09:43PM
thank Punstarr
January 07, 2009 01:15PM
Greetings!

Been a lurker on here for a bit, reading and perusing the information.

Wanted to say hello, and tell a bit about myself. While I never was one for collecting comics, I've was into playing P&P games all throughout my life, especially highschool. I've played a bit of everything over time - D&D, Palladium, Marvel, etc. Of course, with a wife and 2 kids I don't get to do that anymore winking smiley

It's probably been a good 10 years since I've done any P&P gaming.

Anyway.. I enjoy reading the forums here, and just wanted to say hi!
January 07, 2009 01:23PM
Welcome denmiclaw! cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
January 07, 2009 06:13PM
Hiya! Welcome to the boards! smiling smiley
January 08, 2009 06:24AM
denmiclaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Greetings!
>
> Been a lurker on here for a bit, reading and
> perusing the information.
>
> Wanted to say hello, and tell a bit about myself.
> While I never was one for collecting comics, I've
> was into playing P&P games all throughout my life,
> especially highschool. I've played a bit of
> everything over time - D&D, Palladium, Marvel,
> etc. Of course, with a wife and 2 kids I don't
> get to do that anymore winking smiley
>
> It's probably been a good 10 years since I've done
> any P&P gaming.
>
> Anyway.. I enjoy reading the forums here, and just
> wanted to say hi!
Welcome I just joined too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 42
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.