Battle Royal Thread v2.0

Posted by Redman II 
Battle Royal Thread v2.0
March 10, 2014 11:06AM
This will be the new thread for discussing various matchup scenarios between heroes and/or villains, as the original thread has become too expansive and cumbersome for some of our forum members.
Re: Battle Royal Thread v2.0
March 10, 2014 11:09AM
For our first potential matchup in the new thread, as suggested by Belle Reeve:

Black Widow (Avengers movie version) vs Batman (Christian Bale version)

Let the debates begin smiling smiley
March 10, 2014 01:43PM
+1 Batman

~This is an imaginary story (which may never happen, but then again may) about a perfect man who came from the sky and did only good...
FTJ
March 10, 2014 02:25PM
Totally going with Black Widow on this one. Bale's Batman is too slow and cumbersome to deal with Widow's speed, agility, cross training and array of guns and gadgets. Widow would whup his behind, then explain to him in Latin how she could have done it a dozen different ways.

Black Widow FTW

I miss Gene.

All-New Future Force (BASH! UE)
Marvel MC2 builds for BASH! Ultimate Edition

"Now, before I slay you all, behold my master plan!" — The Mole Man, Fantastic Four #1
March 10, 2014 04:25PM
Bale's Batman is a wuss. The win goes to Black Widow.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
March 11, 2014 02:51PM
widow no contest. as stated above she to fast and to well trained
March 11, 2014 04:27PM
Yeah I agree that Bale's Batman is nowhere close to the comic book version's level.

March 12, 2014 09:19AM
Yeah, I see what everyone is talking about, she is presented as much more formidable. Could it be be because we've seen three movies and the last of the trilogy Bruce is shown as broken down and not at 100%.

Any change if see Bane vs Black Widow?

It might just be a style of movie character. Nolan Universe is a more realistic universe where Avengers is full blown super hero.
March 12, 2014 11:47PM
If it's the dark knight rises, then black widow. If it's dark knight or batman begins, it's more evenly matched. Black Widow is more all over the place, but Batman was trained in taking down opponents when attacked at multiple sides at once. Also, the blades on Batman's arms can be bad for Black Widow if she did any 'wrap around your opponent's body' moves.

If Black Widow didn't know about the importance of Bane's mask, it's more evenly matched, though she might try to do something with it to see if it is important.
March 13, 2014 03:23AM
I never saw the Dark Knight Rises, and I probably never will. The previews made it look dumb, and Catwoman looked stupid.

March 13, 2014 04:19AM
Punstarr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I never saw the Dark Knight Rises, and I probably
> never will. The previews made it look dumb, and
> Catwoman looked stupid.

thumbs up Thrudjelmer likes this.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
March 13, 2014 04:38AM
Thrudjelmer Wrote:
> Punstarr Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I never saw the Dark Knight Rises, and I
> probably
> > never will. The previews made it look dumb,
> and
> > Catwoman looked stupid.
>
>
> thumbs up Thrudjelmer likes this.

A bony chick with bones like wolverine!!
blow her a kiss and she shatter!!

I never understand why they do this
March 13, 2014 11:15PM
Batman get a leg brace that lets him walk without a cane and kick brick walls down, catwoman poses as a servant and robs bruce after knocking him over, Batman heals a broken back, becomes anti-daredevil, gets caught in a honeypot trap and fakes his death only to have most of the people that know his real identity find out later he's alive. And there was a revenge plot in there just for kicks, it felt like to me.

That's basically it
March 15, 2014 08:20AM
How about movie Hawkeye versus movie Bullseye?
FTJ
March 15, 2014 10:46AM
Primal Wrote:
> How about movie Hawkeye versus movie Bullseye?

Tough to judge, since I got electroshock therapy just to purge the Daredevil movie from my memory. smiling smiley

I miss Gene.

All-New Future Force (BASH! UE)
Marvel MC2 builds for BASH! Ultimate Edition

"Now, before I slay you all, behold my master plan!" — The Mole Man, Fantastic Four #1
March 16, 2014 12:21AM
I'd give it to hawkeye because he's got explosive arrows.
March 16, 2014 03:24AM
Primal Wrote:
> How about movie Hawkeye versus movie Bullseye?

Bullseye,
Hawkeye has no ability to detect incoming objects like daredevil
Hawkeye eventually run out of ammo, where as Bullseye never would
Bullseye can throw something and jam hawkeye mechanical quiver thus hawkeye ability to be unpredictable is destroyed.
March 17, 2014 03:10AM
Hawkeye has a much better range and he can use almost any distance weapon.

Bullseye can kill, not injure, an opponent with anything (toothpick, playing card, a fork) and he is smart, ruthless and thinks ahead.

If Bullseye gets Clint inside, he wins. If Clint gets him from the end of the block, he wins.

Comic versions would have similar outcomes.

Movie Dr. Doom vs movie Avengers, anyone? ( know whom I would vote for.)
March 17, 2014 04:56AM
Considering movie doom got outsmarted so quickly, I gotta go with movie Avengers.
March 17, 2014 06:08AM
Movie Doom was a joke, in more ways than one...

March 18, 2014 02:03PM
He was so different, it was a different character altogether.

Thor could take control of his electromagnetic powers and movie Doom would not last a minute against him or the Hulk. He did have access to a lot of high tech weapons and could use his scientific skills. Imagine he takes control of the Hulk and just sits back, picking off the others. Or turns the Hulk into Banner by siphoning off his gama-radiation and holds him hostage or uses him as bait for a death trap.

He would beat Hawkeye, Widow and Cap, pretty easily. Ironman would be a toss up, depending how invulnerable his metal body is.

The only way movie Doom wins is avoiding a direct fight and setting traps. He was never presented as a super genius in the films, but he is supposed to be. If he had some special weapon....Avengers still win, because he would never stop Thor.

And yes, the FF movies were not as good as they should have been, so sad for that.
March 18, 2014 05:00PM
Tigerfaced God Wrote:
> The only way movie Doom wins is avoiding a direct
> fight and setting traps. He was never presented as
> a super genius in the films, but he is supposed to
> be. If he had some special weapon....Avengers
> still win, because he would never stop Thor.
>
> And yes, the FF movies were not as good as they
> should have been, so sad for that.

You are correct, they were not as good as they should have been. Victor was shown as a super genius in the second movie though, in that the government needed him and Reed working together on the Silver Surfer problem, and while Reed was working on how to stop Surfer, Victor was working on claiming his power which took more than simply stepping on the surfboard but also keeping Surfer from being able to make physical contact with it and using tech to the board's power for himself. I'd say he was in the super genius category.

March 21, 2014 12:50PM
I see that. So he definitely has a chance, but he blows it in both films by fighting head to head. His hubris beats him.

Imagine he manages to steal Thor's powers and is on the verge of winning , but gets owned my Ironman, because he underestimates Tony Stark's intellect.
March 23, 2014 04:45AM
since people seem to be talking of movie versions of characters I thought I'd do a tv show mash up. Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman versus Lou Ferrigno's Hulk
March 23, 2014 09:20AM
Wonder Woman. Loved Ferrigno's Hulk, but he always seemed to me just slightly stronger than Lou Ferrigno whereas Carter's Wonder Woman could leap tall buildings in a single bound and throw around adult mountain gorillas with one hand.

"I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman! " - Homer J. Simpson

s320x240

"I want you to know that I believe in an idea¦that a single individual who has the right heart and the right mind that is consumed with a single purpose that one man can win a war.

Give that one man a group of soldiers with the same conviction¦and he can change the world."
March 23, 2014 10:01AM
she was also shown to be over powered by small groups of regular men. its been awhile since I saw either show, but I got the impression hulk was stronger
March 23, 2014 12:24PM
That was kind of her weakness I think (depending on how you define "bound")...which, I just realized, was a really stupid weakness. DJ Qualls could give her a bear hug and she'd be powerless...

It's just a matter of opinion, though.

for comparison:

"I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman! " - Homer J. Simpson

s320x240

"I want you to know that I believe in an idea¦that a single individual who has the right heart and the right mind that is consumed with a single purpose that one man can win a war.

Give that one man a group of soldiers with the same conviction¦and he can change the world."
March 23, 2014 01:07PM
Brotherless_one Wrote:
> That was kind of her weakness I think (depending
> on how you define "bound")...which, I just realized,
> was a really stupid weakness. DJ Qualls could give
> her a bear hug and she'd be powerless...
>
> It's just a matter of opinion, though.

I wouldn't consider a grapple as being bound for purposes of Wonder Woman's weakness. I think rope or restraints are required. Anyhow, tough call because I'd consider them to be roughly the same strength level... so Wonder Woman takes it for being smarter, perhaps smart enough to recognize the Hulk is driven by rage and that the key to beating him is to not fight him.

March 23, 2014 01:23PM
after seeing that I brotherlessone I truly realize how far special effects have come...lol. I agree with Thrudjelmer ithink they close in terms of strength, Other than the hulk facing thor in a tv movie and I think an old man hulk in the show I don't know if either of them ever faced off against someone as strong as them very often. I think WW would have the edge with agility and probably outsmart the hulk. Beauty contest hulk wins hands down, how could you not love those big green muscles and that constant growling....lol
March 28, 2014 04:02PM
linda > lou

~This is an imaginary story (which may never happen, but then again may) about a perfect man who came from the sky and did only good...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Marveloid (2:57)
Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 23
Record Number of Heroes Online: 6 on January 11, 2016
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.