Battle Royal Thread v2.0

Posted by Redman II 
Re: Battle Royal Thread v2.0
February 18, 2015 08:41AM
geekgirl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think it would come down to who is hunting who.
> Predator wouldnt have the shock factor of being an
> alien being to Fett so thats one advantage
> Predator dosnt have. They are both skilled hunters
> and fighters with advanced weapons. If someone put
> a bounty on Predator then Fett knows what he up
> against takes proper measures and collects his fee
> no problem. Now if Predator is hunting Fett then
> he probably watches Fett for awhile sets a trap
> and Fetts remains are found hanging from Slave 1

Predator's weapons are much better, and he's going to win in a brawl. I'd pick him

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."
February 18, 2015 08:45AM
Valentine's day match ups featuring the women.

Strom vs Invisible Woman

Mystique vs Emma Frost

Ms. Marvel vs Thundra

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."
February 18, 2015 09:09AM
Taarna Wrote:
> Valentine's day match ups featuring the women.
>
> Strom vs Invisible Woman
> Mystique vs Emma Frost
> Ms. Marvel vs Thundra

I'd like to add a few matches to those:

Black Widow vs Spider Woman
Nico Minoru vs Magik
Titania vs Valkyrie

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
February 20, 2015 10:41AM
Thrudjelmer Wrote:
> Taarna Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Valentine's day match ups featuring the women.
> >
> > Strom vs Invisible Woman
> > Mystique vs Emma Frost
> > Ms. Marvel vs Thundra
>
> I'd like to add a few matches to those:
>
> Black Widow vs Spider Woman
> Nico Minoru vs Magik
> Titania vs Valkyrie

My picks

Invisible Woman
Mystique
Thundra

Spider WOman
???
Titania in an epic battle!

February 25, 2015 04:13PM
Thrudjelmer Wrote:
> Taarna Wrote:
> -----
> > Valentine's day match ups featuring the women.
> >
> > Strom vs Invisible Woman
> > Mystique vs Emma Frost
> > Ms. Marvel vs Thundra
>
> I'd like to add a few matches to those:
>
> Black Widow vs Spider Woman
> Nico Minoru vs Magik
> Titania vs Valkyrie

If Sue plays total defence then Storm finds away to break them. Making it rain and seeing where rain drops hit something solid makes invisibility visible. i think over time Storm could wear down sue's forcefields. Now if sue pissed off and going on the rampage, then storm dosnt stand a chance. she puts forcefield on storms head and chokes her out.
Emma Frost once sided fight. Same with marvel vs thundra. ms marvel has all of thundras physical abilities but better, and then a few of her own powers that thundra dosnt have.
Widow vs Spider Woman, thats a good fight, Widow wins but is banged up pretty bad.
Nico one of my favorite "newer" characters. If Marvel whats to push women characters that are different but interesting then she is one that should get a good writer/artist and her own regular book. That said in her book she should not fight Magik, because Magik will kick her ass. Maybe in time Nico will evolve into a person that can challenge Magik, but she not there yet.
Titania is one of my favorite female villians. I'd love to see her written as more than just a brute. she is a powerhouse and can trade blows with any other powerhouse. To me that is muscle that any mastermind would want. Maybe she could even wise up loose the temper and become a major villianess herself. Instead she the dumb strongperson thats caught robbing banks or busting her loser boyfriend Creel out of jail. Either way she beats Valkyrie in a fight.
March 26, 2015 05:39PM
Captain Ripley from the 'Alien' series vs a Terminator model 101.

Sarah Connor (Termniator 2 Sarah) vs. the hive mother from 'Aliens.'
March 26, 2015 05:43PM
A colony of giant ants from the classic sci-fi movie 'Them!' vs. the colony of aliens from 'Aliens'.
March 26, 2015 06:24PM
airedale Wrote:
> Captain Ripley from the 'Alien' series vs a
> Terminator model 101.
>
> Sarah Connor (Termniator 2 Sarah) vs. the hive
> mother from 'Aliens.'

Interesting. I'm going to say it depends on environment, but...

If Connor could survive a Terminator, so could Ripley as long as she had enough room to run like Sarah did until she found a way to finally destroy it. If she were in an enclosed space, I think it would only be a matter of time before the Terminator cornered her and finished her off. Those killing machines are damned tenacious.

Sarah, on the other hand, is a tough broad who really toughened up between the first and second movie. I think the aliens might freak her out at first, causing her to run for cover or high ground, but she'd quickly get her bearings and and take them down. Being squishier than a terminator, the aliens' main advantage would have to be numbers.

I do like role reversal, so what do you think of this one:

Jack Burton (Big Trouble in Little China) against the Army of Darkness
and...
Ashley J. Williams vs David Lo Pan and his minions, the Three Storms (Thunder, Rain, and Lightning)

To be fair, each has the other's supporting cast to back him up, basically swapping the two characters into each others' movies. So Ash will have Egg Shen, Wang Chi, Gracie Law, and so on... while Jack will have all the people at the castle. Oh, but they take their respective vehicles with them, so the Pork Chop Express ends up in the past and Ash gets to drive into Chinatown with his '73 Oldsmobile.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
May 27, 2015 02:47AM
I wanna see Big Trouble for Armies of Darkness..now
May 27, 2015 02:50AM
I like the idea of putting other heroes in other stories...
How about "Night of the Comet" with Rick Grimes!
June 23, 2015 09:00AM
airedale Wrote:
> A colony of giant ants from the classic sci-fi
> movie 'Them!' vs. the colony of aliens from
> 'Aliens'.

A good one. I think the Aliens in if the numbers are small or even.. The ants do not think or attack as quickly. The Aliens seem to have a working inetgence

Indominus Rex Vs King Kong
June 26, 2015 01:00PM
Who would win in a fight between Jurassic World's genetic dino and Peter Jackson's King Kong. Both seemed more than a match for a T-Rex. I think size goes to the I-Rex but agility to Kong. Both are smart and cunning. The I-Rex would have stealth to his advantage. Kong was able to take on several T-Rex at same time and seemed effective in breaking their jaws. I don't know how well that would work with the I-Rex since it has working arms and may be able to counter grapple with Kong to avoid the snapped jaw attack. If Kong ca't break the jaw then i see the massive bit of the I-Rex being a major problem for Kong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2015 05:19AM by geekgirl.
Re: Indominus Rex Vs King Kong
June 30, 2015 09:12AM
geekgirl Wrote:
> Who would win in a fight between Jurassic World's
> genetic dino and Peter Jackson's King Kong. Both
> seemed more than a match for a T-Rex. I think size
> goes to the I-Rex but agility to Kong. Both are
> smart and cunning. The I-Rex would have stealth to
> his advantage. Kong was able to take on several
> T-Rex at same time and seemed effective in
> breaking their jaws. I don't know how well that
> would work with the I-Rex since it has working
> arms and may be able to counter grapple with Kong
> to avoid the snapped jaw attack. If Kong ca't
> break the jaw then i see the massive bit of the
> I-Rex being a major problem for Kong.

Kong,

He fought with one arm, and having to protect Ann. With both arms free and no worries, I think he's too much for any Dino.

Re: Indominus Rex Vs King Kong
July 02, 2015 09:41AM
Taarna Wrote:
> geekgirl Wrote:
> -----
> > Who would win in a fight between Jurassic
> World's
> > genetic dino and Peter Jackson's King Kong.
> Both
> > seemed more than a match for a T-Rex. I think
> size
> > goes to the I-Rex but agility to Kong. Both are
> > smart and cunning. The I-Rex would have stealth
> to
> > his advantage. Kong was able to take on
> several
> > T-Rex at same time and seemed effective in
> > breaking their jaws. I don't know how well that
> > would work with the I-Rex since it has working
> > arms and may be able to counter grapple with
> Kong
> > to avoid the snapped jaw attack. If Kong ca't
> > break the jaw then i see the massive bit of the
> > I-Rex being a major problem for Kong.
>
> Kong,
>
> He fought with one arm, and having to protect Ann.
> With both arms free and no worries, I think he's
> too much for any Dino.
------------------------------------------------------------

Being a primate I imagine Kong's ability for higher level thought processes and his physical abilities for wrestling and using weapons would be far too much for almost any giant lizard unless it were on the level of a Kaiju. Besides we all know Kongs' only equal was Godzilla and his only weakness was his love of beauty.

One world of adventure is never enough.
July 05, 2015 09:09AM
They are both pretty smart. The dinosaur was able to set traps and use his camouflage to defeat the security forces and lower his temperature to escape his cage. It really was a monster, killing for pleasure and driven by savagery.The dinosaur showed the ability to take a tremendous amount of damage, from guns and other dinosaurs. Fast, strong, durable, ferocious and able to ambush opponents.It was alluded to that the creature could develop more abilities, due to it's genetics and it even surprised the scientist who created him. Definitely tough.

Kong is simply a much better fighter. He has no fear, stays in control and knows how not to get bitten.He won't allow the dinosaur to overwhelm and maul him. Kong can use his hands and feet with equal dexterity and understands elements of grappling. I think he would eventually take the creature down and break her neck or crush it's skull.

Popeye the Sailor vs All Three Stooges

Spinach comes out and someone dies.
July 05, 2015 09:44AM
Okay, here's something along the same lines... Godzilla (2014) vs all of the kaiju from Pacific Rim. Not all at once, of course, but in the same order and intervals in the Pacific Rim movie so Godzilla has some recovery time between fights.

How would the big G fair against the alien monsters from the portal at the bottom of the ocean?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2015 03:37AM by Thrudjelmer.
July 06, 2015 02:47AM
Godzilla wins. Incredibly strong, great fighter, devastating breath attack, always finishes, equally comfortable in and out of the water, will follow an opponent and hunt them across the planet, amazing resistance to damage and impressive recovery, inspires fear and never backs down.

The Pacific Rim monsters are strong and frightening, but Godzilla isn't afraid, in fact she might sense they are different and immediately hunt down any of them that tried to escape back to the rift.
I see no reason to think the monsters could survive the radiation breath attack and that puts the fight in Godzilla's favor.

Popeye the Sailor vs All Three Stooges

Spinach comes out and someone dies.
July 08, 2015 05:41PM
Nice analysis. In a fight for a planet my bet would be on the ants. They breed as rapidly as the small variety. It would be interesting to see whether the ants formic acid stings would affect an alien that has acid for blood. (I can't recall the type of acid right now. I think it was sulphuric).
July 08, 2015 05:44PM
Supergirl vs. the new lady Thor. Would it be a recap of Supes vs. Thor or is there something different about these two that would affect the fight one way or another?
July 08, 2015 05:45PM
LOL!!!!
July 08, 2015 05:49PM
Magneto vs. Graviton.

I can't make up my mind on this one.

The winner then has to take on Molecule Man.
August 13, 2015 10:29AM
I have to give the money to Graviton on this one. He has more versatility, and seems to have the same level of feats as far as telekinesis, flight and force field strengths. Mags is gonna have trouble if he doesnt have magnetic fields to manipulate, but Grav can use any materials around him, and change gravity effects on individuals. Mags doesnt have this same level of control (I know he's done the iron in the blood move, but not consistently enough for me to give him that feat in this match up.
September 08, 2015 04:46PM
Nice analysis. I agree.
September 21, 2015 07:37AM
Maybe this one has been done a ton, but hey I wanna try it.
Dormammu vs Odin. Neutral area, as they both seem to have infinite power within their respective realms, no prep
September 23, 2015 02:17PM
I'd give it to Odin, just because of the "good always triumphs over evil." But then again, they sorta made Odin not so good with the new Thor comic, because you know... men bad, women good, hence the need for a new "Thor."

Both are very old and have lots of power even when not in their own realms. Odin, however, is a warrior in addition to a skyfather, and he might be savvy enough to realize that if he can't win the fight directly with raw power because they're too evenly matched, he might try using his power just to put himself close enough to make it a physical battle... and then Dormammu goes down. I'm not saying Dormy is a pushover --just that Odin has it over him in that regard.

Bonus battle consideration: The Green Lantern Corps vs the Nova Corps.

September 23, 2015 02:42PM
Thrudjelmer Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> Bonus battle consideration: The Green Lantern
> Corps vs the Nova Corps.

...vs Uncle Ben's Corpse. >.>

Sorry, Peter. Too soon?

September 24, 2015 07:14AM
Thrudjelmer Wrote:
> I'd give it to Odin, just because of the "good
> always triumphs over evil." But then again, they
> sorta made Odin not so good with the new Thor
> comic, because you know... men bad, women good,
> hence the need for a new "Thor."
>
> Both are very old and have lots of power even when
> not in their own realms. Odin, however, is a
> warrior in addition to a skyfather, and he might
> be savvy enough to realize that if he can't win
> the fight directly with raw power because they're
> too evenly matched, he might try using his power
> just to put himself close enough to make it a
> physical battle... and then Dormammu goes down.
> I'm not saying Dormy is a pushover --just that
> Odin has it over him in that regard.
>
>
> Bonus battle consideration: The Green Lantern
> Corps vs the Nova Corps.
Ok now I am biased, I want Odin to win, cause he is pretty awesome, especially in the original Thor comics. But I'm gonna play Dormy's advocate here. Is this not the being who almost got Eternity, that Dr. Strange states could become a threat to all life?

And you claim Odin would have the edge in physical combat, but as i understand it, Dormammu is comprised of pure mystical energy, does this mean physical attacks won't harm him? Or would it make him more vulnerable because Odin has Gungir and other magical weapons to rely on that might actually do more damage to Flame head?
September 27, 2015 08:56AM
I think Odin wins. Besides being a sky father and warrior he is also the Sorceress Supreme of asgard. If Dr Strange can beat him then Odin should have no problems
September 29, 2015 07:51PM
Sound reasoning. Odin by a landslide.

October 20, 2015 07:28AM
Gotta throw this one out there, I have a conclusion but I would not mind hearing from others. Thor vs Thanos.
Thor with Mjlonir, Thanos without the Infinity Gauntlet or other plot devices.

I see Thor losing based on one thing alone, I am not sure of the issue, but when he went into Berserker Rage and the Infinity Watch tried to stop him, Thanos took a beating from a Thor not holding back, and got little more than a bloody nose. Thanos also took hits from an enraged Odin in the same story. I think Thor had the power Gem at this point, and if he did it speaks a lot to the Titan's durability. Personally I used to see them as equal, but in every fight I have seen it seems as though Thanos is above even the Hulk and Thor in pure physical combat, and can take any energy attacks thrown at him.

Help me Thor fans, any way the thunder god can win this one smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 28
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.