Battle Royal Thread v2.0

Posted by Redman II 
Re: Battle Royal Thread v2.0
June 24, 2014 12:52PM
im thinking punisher might win also, just because he is a straight forward killer, where Kravens ego might make him slip up by trying to get involved in the thrill of the hunt.
June 26, 2014 07:13PM
Wonderman vs. the Hulk.

Does Simon have a chance here?

I will no doubt be in the minority but I will say yes based on what I saw of WM in the Avengers back in the 70s.

1. At the time WM hit as hard as Thor's hammer (according to WM anyway). I never could quite square this with the fact that Simon was not quite as strong as Thor, but the way they drew the 'impacts' of Simon's fists tat the time it looked like some sort of ionic energy discharge happened when he his something.

2. Simon's durability seemed to be at the top end for Marvel at that time. Thor seemed to admit that Nefaria was stronger than he was, and Pym stated that Nefaria was creating shock waves more powerful than the Hulk could have created yet Simon took punch after punch from Nefaria without any visible injury.

3. A powerful cosmic being called the Enemy (if I remember right) took out both Hercules and Thor with one blast. Both Thor and Herc were badly injured by the blasts but Simon was only stunned by a blast of the same intensity. Simon was only taken out when the Enemy appeared to hit him at full power, and even then Simon was not killed. If I remember correctly the Enemy bragged that he could defeat Odin, Mephisto and Zeus at the same time.

What say the rest of you? I think Simon has (or rather had) the power punches and durability to take on Lettuce Head.
June 27, 2014 02:19AM
airedale Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wonderman vs. the Hulk.
>
> Does Simon have a chance here?
>
> I will no doubt be in the minority but I will say
> yes based on what I saw of WM in the Avengers back
> in the 70s.
>
> 1. At the time WM hit as hard as Thor's hammer
> (according to WM anyway). I never could quite
> square this with the fact that Simon was not quite
> as strong as Thor, but the way they drew the
> 'impacts' of Simon's fists tat the time it looked
> like some sort of ionic energy discharge happened
> when he his something.
>
> 2. Simon's durability seemed to be at the top end
> for Marvel at that time. Thor seemed to admit that
> Nefaria was stronger than he was, and Pym stated
> that Nefaria was creating shock waves more
> powerful than the Hulk could have created yet
> Simon took punch after punch from Nefaria without
> any visible injury.
>
> 3. A powerful cosmic being called the Enemy (if I
> remember right) took out both Hercules and Thor
> with one blast. Both Thor and Herc were badly
> injured by the blasts but Simon was only stunned
> by a blast of the same intensity. Simon was only
> taken out when the Enemy appeared to hit him at
> full power, and even then Simon was not killed.
> If I remember correctly the Enemy bragged that he
> could defeat Odin, Mephisto and Zeus at the same
> time.
>
> What say the rest of you? I think Simon has (or
> rather had) the power punches and durability to
> take on Lettuce Head.

It depends... World War Hulk, when they were going out of their way to show that the Hulk was more powerful than anyone? Simon gets splatted in one hit.

FTJ
July 15, 2014 10:49AM
Yes, I think Wonderman would have a chance, if he wasn't unfairly nerfed just because Hulk is Hulk.

I miss Gene.

All-New Future Force (BASH! UE)
Marvel MC2 builds for BASH! Ultimate Edition

"Now, before I slay you all, behold my master plan!" — The Mole Man, Fantastic Four #1
August 07, 2014 06:36PM
airedale Wrote:
> Wonderman vs. the Hulk.
>
> Does Simon have a chance here?
>
> I will no doubt be in the minority but I will say
> yes based on what I saw of WM in the Avengers back
> in the 70s.
>
> 1. At the time WM hit as hard as Thor's hammer
> (according to WM anyway). I never could quite
> square this with the fact that Simon was not quite
> as strong as Thor, but the way they drew the
> 'impacts' of Simon's fists tat the time it looked
> like some sort of ionic energy discharge happened
> when he his something.
>
> 2. Simon's durability seemed to be at the top end
> for Marvel at that time. Thor seemed to admit that
> Nefaria was stronger than he was, and Pym stated
> that Nefaria was creating shock waves more
> powerful than the Hulk could have created yet
> Simon took punch after punch from Nefaria without
> any visible injury.
>
> 3. A powerful cosmic being called the Enemy (if I
> remember right) took out both Hercules and Thor
> with one blast. Both Thor and Herc were badly
> injured by the blasts but Simon was only stunned
> by a blast of the same intensity. Simon was only
> taken out when the Enemy appeared to hit him at
> full power, and even then Simon was not killed.
> If I remember correctly the Enemy bragged that he
> could defeat Odin, Mephisto and Zeus at the same
> time.
>
> What say the rest of you? I think Simon has (or
> rather had) the power punches and durability to
> take on Lettuce Head.

Yes, 70s Wonder Man definitely has a chance. BTW, the Enemy was Korvac, I think... not a lightweight at all.

'Shhh. My common sense is tingling'
August 23, 2014 05:18PM
kind of a what if vs elsworlds battle....Wolverine Lord of the Vampires vs The Vampire version of Batman. who would take it?
August 23, 2014 09:46PM
I'm not familiar enough with the Elseworlds vampire Batman... but is he as crazy resourceful as his regular counterpart with all of his normal resources and Batman skillz undiminished? Because if so, I'd give it to him... but I have this notion that, even though more powerful, a Vampire Batman would lose his edge compared to human Batman; and if that were the case, I'd give it to the Wolverine Vampire Lord. Does Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Slayer play into this battle at all? Because if so, the Union is doomed.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
August 24, 2014 02:29AM
this is from the batman wiki... Batman developed bat-like wings that allowed him to fly with little effort.
After becoming a full vampire, Batman's powers were operating at their peak, his physical strength growing each night as he became more in touch with his vampire powers, only for his body and mind to become increasingly weakened as he fought his new natural urge for blood, initially relying on Tanya's blood substitute before it ceased to satisfy his thirst. He was now also capable of turning into a mist-like state when he wanted, although he rarely used this power, preferring to fly when travelling. He regularly went into action armed with wooden throwing daggers weighted with silver inside them. So long as he abstained from human blood, Batman was also immune to the traditional vampire weaknesses of holy water and crucifixes, although he was apparently still unable to go out in sunlight (It was never specified if this was because he just didn't want to go out in daylight or if it would have burned him now as easily as it did later). In this new form, Batman was functionally immortal, surviving being shot with no signs of long-term injury, and could even come back from being staked through the heart so long as his head was not removed.
August 24, 2014 02:41AM
Yeah, I'd give it to Wolverine... easily. Batman was fighting his nature according to that, weakening the that which Batman relies on most: his mind to give him the edge in all those fights against superior foes. Wolverine, on the other hand, embraced his vampirism and just became even more deadly.

I'd say Batman loses his head, literally, 10 times out of 10.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
October 09, 2014 12:28PM
Okay, here's one for you all, but I suspect I know where the easy win count will fall.

Boba Fett vs. Predator

November 17, 2014 03:19PM
I think it would come down to who is hunting who. Predator wouldnt have the shock factor of being an alien being to Fett so thats one advantage Predator dosnt have. They are both skilled hunters and fighters with advanced weapons. If someone put a bounty on Predator then Fett knows what he up against takes proper measures and collects his fee no problem. Now if Predator is hunting Fett then he probably watches Fett for awhile sets a trap and Fetts remains are found hanging from Slave 1
November 18, 2014 11:51PM
I have never been that big a fan of Boba Fett. He stands around looking cool but when fit hits the shan he kinda lamed out of the fight on Tatooine. I never read any of the expanded universe stuff so maybe they fleshed out his skills later on but from what was shown in the movies I think Predator takes him down.

Stealth tech, weapons on par with anything shown in the Star Wars U, and a hunters instinct honed by years of practice makes Predator the winner in my book.

Marvel > DC
hot smiley
November 23, 2014 11:28PM
The hulk has too much for Wonderman.

Wolverine over Batman.

Predator over Boba fett

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."
November 23, 2014 11:40PM
Yeah, I kind of feel like Boba Fett is a little out of his league, too. On the other hand, Arnold Schwartzenegger and Danny Glover beat predators, and they didn't even have the kind of weapons Fett has, so... tough call.

November 24, 2014 04:43AM
Depends which Fett - the one that could go toe to toe with Obiwan probably, the one that Han took out when he was blind - not so much.
November 24, 2014 11:50AM
As a small note it'd be nice if people actually included who the match is in the subject line of their post so people could actually look and find posts regarding the match they're interested in or at least quote the original post so people would have some idea what's being responded to because otherwise there's little motivation to look at previous posts when you can't even be sure they're in regards to a match you'd be interested in.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
December 03, 2014 09:07AM
Here's one. How about an all robot clash.

Nimrod vs Ultron.

Place yer bets...

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."
December 03, 2014 02:49PM
You know, I really don't know enough about either from a technical standpoint to argue one way or another.

Here's what I know:

Ultron: Insane sentient A.I. with a desire to destroy all life, housed within a virtually indestructible admantium-protected outer shell, it has self-evolved over time and made itself one Hell of a world threat. And didn't it somehow wind up in space also? I seem to recall a version of Ultron and the Phalanx or something.

Nimrod: Advanced future tech, sentient A.I. programmed to preserve humanity and given the power defeat the X-Men (though they somehow always manage to overcome it).

What are their capabilities when it comes to taking over other machines, and likewise how well can they resist such override of their own programming/personality? In a straight out physical fight, I think Ultron has the distinct advantage in durability due to the adamantium, but being from the future, I'm guessing Nimrod's got a couple tricks Ultron won't be prepared for.

December 03, 2014 05:06PM
Thrudjelmer Wrote:
> You know, I really don't know enough about either
> from a technical standpoint to argue one way or
> another.
>
> Here's what I know:
>
> Ultron: Insane sentient A.I. with a desire to
> destroy all life, housed within a virtually
> indestructible admantium-protected outer shell, it
> has self-evolved over time and made itself one
> Hell of a world threat. And didn't it somehow
> wind up in space also? I seem to recall a version
> of Ultron and the Phalanx or something.
>
> Nimrod: Advanced future tech, sentient A.I.
> programmed to preserve humanity and given the
> power defeat the X-Men (though they somehow always
> manage to overcome it).
>
>
> What are their capabilities when it comes to
> taking over other machines, and likewise how well
> can they resist such override of their own
> programming/personality? In a straight out
> physical fight, I think Ultron has the distinct
> advantage in durability due to the adamantium, but
> being from the future, I'm guessing Nimrod's got a
> couple tricks Ultron won't be prepared for.

Ultron's adamantium shell has always had a glaring weakness to it, that big open mouth that gives direct access to his internals (Machine Man once exploited that to destroy the version that killed Jocasta by yanking out his internals). Plus Adamantium also has weaknesses (Antarctic Vibranium, the Molecular Rearranger) that can be exploited.

While the Adamantium gives Ultron a big edge in general since most don't have the option of exploiting those vulnerabilities Ultron himself isn't very flexible. He's basically a tank with energy blasts and a VERY high body armor to prevent damage, Nimrod on the other hand has adaptable weapon systems and the ability to analyze attacks and opponents in general and synthesize counter-measures something Ultron can't do. By the time Ultron realized what he was up against it would be too late.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2014 08:44PM by Nightmask.
December 03, 2014 06:29PM
Seems legit. thumbs up cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2014 06:29PM by Thrudjelmer.
in their prime with no weapons
December 06, 2014 07:38AM
Teddy Roosevelt vs. The Riddler

[en.wikipedia.org]

[en.wikipedia.org]

Hand to Hand no weapons. who wins?
Re: in their prime with no weapons
December 14, 2014 05:22PM
T,.R. hands down.He was a bull moose. smiling smiley

[www.quickmeme.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2014 05:23PM by Tribunus.
January 08, 2015 10:41AM
The Thing. You beat him and your one of the most powerful like the Hulk, Gladiator, Thor. He's the benchmark.

How many of these ten character's would you pick to defeat the Thing in a square fight.

Doc Samson
She Hulk
Colossus
Rhino
Sasquatch
Mr. Hide
Sub Mariner
Wonderman
Powerman
Abomination

[www.comicvine.com]

January 09, 2015 10:17AM
I'm assuming this is more of a fight in a boxing ring

Doc Samson - while Samson is strong I doubt he has the wherewithal to stand up too long - Thing wins (unless it is evil Doc Sampson)
She Hulk - She Hulk would win, she has too much dirt on the Thing and knows his weaknesses - Shulk wins
Colossus - Depending on Colossus era, I think 90% of the time The Thing would win - Thing wins
Rhino - Thing is smarter than the Rhino, has better control - Thing wins
Sasquatch - Thing has the fighting smarts here - Thing wins
Mr. Hyde - the brutality of Mr. Hyde is going to let him beat the Thing in the ring - Mr Hyde wins
Sub Mariner - Namor isn't going to stand up against the Thing especially in a boxing ring, Namor would walk away - Thing wins
Wonderman - Wonderman will put up a good fight against the Thing but Thing has the endurance - Thing wins
Powerman (Luke Cage) - Luke has strength and training and the unbreakable skin but The Thing is going to get this one through force - Thing wins
Powerman (Victor Alvarez) - with the chi power and training from Iron Fist Victor is going to win this one by outsmarting the Thing - Powerman wins
Abomination - Abomination is going to take this one through the strength and savagery - Abomination wins
January 09, 2015 11:45AM
Hercules beats him in one round. thumbs up grinning smiley

January 09, 2015 03:37PM
Koltreg Wrote:
> I'm assuming this is more of a fight in a boxing
> ring
>
> Doc Samson - while Samson is strong I doubt he has
> the wherewithal to stand up too long - Thing wins
> (unless it is evil Doc Sampson)
> She Hulk - She Hulk would win, she has too much
> dirt on the Thing and knows his weaknesses - Shulk
> wins
> Colossus - Depending on Colossus era, I think 90%
> of the time The Thing would win - Thing wins
> Rhino - Thing is smarter than the Rhino, has
> better control - Thing wins
> Sasquatch - Thing has the fighting smarts here -
> Thing wins
> Mr. Hyde - the brutality of Mr. Hyde is going to
> let him beat the Thing in the ring - Mr Hyde wins
> Sub Mariner - Namor isn't going to stand up
> against the Thing especially in a boxing ring,
> Namor would walk away - Thing wins
> Wonderman - Wonderman will put up a good fight
> against the Thing but Thing has the endurance -
> Thing wins
> Powerman (Luke Cage) - Luke has strength and
> training and the unbreakable skin but The Thing is
> going to get this one through force - Thing wins
> Powerman (Victor Alvarez) - with the chi power and
> training from Iron Fist Victor is going to win
> this one by outsmarting the Thing - Powerman wins
> Abomination - Abomination is going to take this
> one through the strength and savagery -
> Abomination wins

Not sure why you think that savagery would make for a win for some of those against the Thing, he's fought plenty of savage opponents and won (certainly Mr. Hyde's not going to pull off a win against the Thing in a straight-up fight). There have also been plenty of Namor/Thing fights in the comics where it's gone both ways enough times that it really comes down to terrain and who's luckier.

-- Peter David

January 09, 2015 04:03PM
Nightmask Wrote:
> Koltreg Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'm assuming this is more of a fight in a boxing ring
> >
> > Sub Mariner - Namor isn't going to stand up
> > against the Thing especially in a boxing ring,
> > Namor would walk away - Thing wins
>
> There have also been plenty of Namor/Thing fights in
> the comics where it's gone both ways enough times
> that it really comes down to terrain and who's luckier.

Well, he did specify the terrain was a boxing ring, giving Thing the advantage in that regard.

February 09, 2015 07:24PM
How about Kang vs. Doom?
FTJ
kang v. doom
February 14, 2015 03:44PM
airedale Wrote:
> How about Kang vs. Doom?

Doom would take this. He's probably considered Kang a semi-legitimate rival for control of humanity's destiny, thus Doom has made contingency plans against him. Doom can call on powers that Kang is unfamiliar with. And Doom has stood up to Celestials and the Beyonder. Kang has been beaten by teams without anyone as smart as Reed Richards. All these factors favor Doom.

I miss Gene.

All-New Future Force (BASH! UE)
Marvel MC2 builds for BASH! Ultimate Edition

"Now, before I slay you all, behold my master plan!" — The Mole Man, Fantastic Four #1
Re: kang v. doom
February 14, 2015 05:03PM
FTJ Wrote:
> Doom can call on powers that Kang is unfamiliar with.

Not only can Doom call on powers that Kang is unfamiliar with, but Doom himself is quite familiar with the primary power of Kang, that of time travel.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 32
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.