Greeting and Salutations - The Official Introduction Thread

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
Re: Greeting and Salutations - The Official Introduction Thread
September 14, 2008 03:31PM
Hail and well met, Eric of NJ smileys with beer

Welcome to our madness. tongue sticking out smiley May your stay be long and pleasant. smiling smiley
September 18, 2008 03:18AM
Heya folks!

Powersurge here! I was a member on this forum when Aunt Petunia was at the helm and was really happy to discover that it is still alive and kicking!

For those of you who don't know me, I am a 36 yr old single father of one 7 yr old son. I've been reading comics --- really reading them, follwoing stories and arcs etc. -- since I was 11 or 12 and was a huge fan of the "early" X-Men. I was first introduce to Marvel's around the age of 15... when I first created my character Powersurge, who has been in sporadic developement ever since.

My present title/campaign as GM is Morningstar: the Northern Light. It centres around a synthetic superhero, genetically engineered by Dr.Alfred Stone (Genetic Sciences answer to Tony Stark/reed Richards) under the aegis of GenTech Inc and takes place mostly in Canada. This title grew out of the Thunder title.... Thunder also being a super-powered synthoid developed by Stone at GenTech. Presently, many of Earth's most prominent cities have been "shelled" by meteor swarms and Graviton has thence demanded that the nations of Earth bow before him... lest he do it again or hit Earth with a planet destroying meteor. The Fantastic Four disappeared early on while investigating a large swarm of rogue meteroes that strayed from the asteroid belt, the mighiest of the East and West Coast Avengers have been defeated, and Thor is att he outer fringes of the inner solar system attempting to destroy all fot he planet killers he can. SHIELD is about to reactivate Project: Protectors (Powersruge's old supergroup) and Morningstar shall be enlisted in a last ditch attempt to end the threat of Graviton.

Ummm, yeah, I've been stuck in the mmorpg City of Heroes for the past few months. It is my first exposure to game and, having been forced into the role of GM for years now, its nice to play my heroes via some medium . I'm on the Protector server for any who care to know, have a pretty good representation of Powersurge on there (lvl 37), and am really looking forward to the "Mission Architect" expansion that they will soon be adding to the game... allowing people to author their own missions.

Anyway, glad to be back!
September 18, 2008 03:25AM
Great to see you back! Had even been talking with someone about wondering where you were a few weeks ago and glad to get the answer that you're back here.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
September 18, 2008 06:47AM
What happened here? whew, it's been awhile... any old timers from back in the day still here? Where's Epyon and Cromm-Well or Gerrold 2002? Does David E. Martin still stop by? and still rag on republicans?ha ha.

What about Aunt Petunia? Well I guess I should start to roam around this dusty gemstone of an RPG site. I always did like this place.
September 18, 2008 08:29AM
I liked it when The Beyonders was around. grinning smiley

TAG
September 18, 2008 08:51AM
ajax plunkett Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What happened here? whew, it's been awhile... any old timers from back in the day still here? Where's Epyon and Cromm-Well or Gerrold 2002? Does David E. Martin still stop by? and still rag on republicans?ha ha.
>
> What about Aunt Petunia? Well I guess I should start to roam around this dusty gemstone of an RPG site. I always did like this place.

Welcome back, Ajax smiling smiley

Dave still stops by on occasions, and I think Aunt P meanders by on a few rare occasions. Don't recall having seen Epyon, Crom-Well or Gerrold in a while tho...

depending how you classify old-timers, I might qualify myself, having been around here for several years now, even if I'm not one of the most frequent posters...

Again, welcome back. Good to have you back with us smiling smiley
September 18, 2008 08:55AM
Welcome back, Powersurge! smileys with beer

Good to see you back around here again smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2008 01:26PM by The Last Duskblade.
September 18, 2008 01:32PM
Welcome back Powersurge!!!

It has indeed been a while. cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
September 22, 2008 04:42AM
Greetings all,

My name is Brett but most use my nickname Brettski. I have been playing the Marvel Classic game for a few years and have been having good fun. I have been visiting this site for a while now and though it was time to join as I have enjoyed reading some of the write-ups in both the site and here in the forums. I live here in the United States.
September 22, 2008 12:40PM
Welcome Brettski!!! Nice to have you with us. cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
September 22, 2008 01:04PM
Indeed. Welcome, Brettski smileys with beer
September 22, 2008 04:03PM
Welcome to our little corner of Mephisto's Realm, Brettski. smiling smiley
October 08, 2008 05:46AM
I'm new here. I've been playing the classic Marvel game since before the Advanced rules came out. Glad to see there are others out there that are helping to keep this oldie but goody alive.
October 08, 2008 06:31AM
Welcome to the site!
October 08, 2008 09:51AM
Welcome to the fold, barna10 smiling smiley

Hope you have a long and enjoyable stay smileys with beer
October 08, 2008 12:52PM
Welcome Barna 10!!! cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
October 21, 2008 10:38PM
Hi All! I can be called either Aramanthus or Steve. I answer to either! I've been both an avid comic reader and role player for many years. I actually know I'm one of the oldest members here at this time. I'm 45, and I've been role playing since 1977. I found Marvel Super Heros RPG when it was released in 1982. I updated along with my various groups to the advanced game when it came out. Over the years I have created many heros and villians. I have run many campaigns over the years too. I have seen various games I've played or run over the years posted in earlier post by previous posters. As for comics I've got a nice collection and I still read them.
I've been lurking around here for quite awhile. I finally decided to register with the site. This site has so much to offer to both players and GMs. I'm looking forward to contributing to the growth of the community that is here.
October 22, 2008 12:19AM
Welcome Steve! cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
October 22, 2008 07:42AM
Welcome to our madness, man. smiling smiley
October 22, 2008 07:42AM
Welcome indeed, Steve smiling smiley smileys with beer
October 22, 2008 09:37AM
Thank you for the welcome. I appreciate it! One more thing I forgot to mention. When I've been running my MSHRPG, I've been using the Heroclix to represent the players.
October 29, 2008 09:46PM
Hey everyone, I am back!

October 29, 2008 11:24PM
Welcome back! cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
October 30, 2008 03:23PM
Welcome back, MajorTom smiling smiley smileys with beer
October 30, 2008 03:29PM
It's likely that you predate my joining since I don't recognize the name. That makes you one of the uber oldie members. Sweetness. Welcome back. smiling smiley
October 30, 2008 05:46PM
Punstarr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's likely that you predate my joining since I
> don't recognize the name. That makes you one of
> the uber oldie members. Sweetness. Welcome back.
> smiling smiley

Thank you.

I would not say I am uber or anything, my only (minor) claim to fame is the Ultimate talents Book. The link is in my signature.

November 14, 2008 10:57PM
Hello,

I am Nickattack, I am French and I like Super Heroes.

I have the French Edition of the Marvel Super Heroes RPG Basic Set of the eightees and I have a website about Super Humans of France and other countries :

super humans by nick

If you want contact me, you can contact me by PM of this phorum.

Nickattack

[sites.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2008 10:59PM by nickattack.
November 14, 2008 11:18PM
Welcome to the boards nickattack! cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
November 15, 2008 05:45AM
Welcome to our little corner of gaming heaven! grinning smiley
November 15, 2008 10:57AM
Welcome, nickattack. smiling smiley Have a cold one and enjoy the oddities around here (both the people and the conversations tongue sticking out smiley ) smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 25
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.