Character Write-Up Request Thread

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
Re: Character Write-Up Request Thread
July 07, 2008 05:54PM
I was looking at the shield agents and noticed an agent named warwolf, but since thier is no link i was wondering, does anyone know the stats for warwolf?
Re: Batman Beyond
July 16, 2008 11:05PM
Killer B
I did a write-up for Batman Beyond, his suit, and several other characters from the series, but I just did a search for them and couldn't find them. Not a damn one! Could they have been lost or erased? I would like to know what happened. Sorry I couln't find them for you.

Killer B, I researched the Archived Forum for your write-up on Batman Beyond. Here is the link to the write-up I believe you were looking for [www.classicmarvel.com]

Plus here is every post that I could find that you have made in the Archived Forum, if anything is missing let me know, great character write-ups by the way! [www.classicmarvel.com] smoking smiley

The Cutter

August 23, 2008 04:05PM
Can I see someone do a write up of Angel with the Metal wings, after he rejoined X-factor? Or if anyone has been keeping up, if there may be any new things that apply from his recent appearances in X-Force? I would greatly appreciate it.
August 26, 2008 08:00AM
Hoi!

i found Archangel in the Uncanny X-men Roster Book, page 5, with his metal wings and all.

Dae
Wondra
October 05, 2008 08:16PM
Anyone seen or want to take a shot at doing stats for Wondra of the current New Warriors comics?
Re: Wondra
October 06, 2008 11:45AM
From Ben Reilly's site:

Wondra

Jubilation Lee

F) Ex20
A) Rm30
S) Am50/Ty6
E) Am50/Ex20
R) Ty6
I) Ex20
P) Gd10

Health: 150/76 Karma: 36
Resources: Fb Pop: 0

Known Powers:
None

Equipment:
Battle Suit: Upon joining the post-Civil War New Warriors team, Jubilee gained highly advanced technology from Night Thrasher to replace her mutant abilities, giving her the following power stunts:
-Body Armor: Ex protection vs. Physical and Energy
-Alter Ego: Stats changes as shown above

Talents: Acrobatics, Tumbling, Martial Arts E, First Aid

Contacts: New Warriors

I haven't read the comics myself, but hopefully that helps you with a starting point, Punstarr smiling smiley
October 06, 2008 11:49AM
Woot thanks. I looked on Ben's site but couldn't find her there. Guess I didn't look hard enough. *slaps forhead*
October 06, 2008 02:02PM
I only found her by scrolling to the bottom of the alphabetical hero index for Marvel folks (past the Z's) to the hero team listings and clicking on the New Warriors link...

Sometimes it takes a little searching to find an entry. What sometimes works if you're having trouble hunting someone down is to replace another character's name in the url box with one you're hunting for...

For example, if you were on say Namorita's entry and wanted to hunt down Wondra, switch out Namorita's designation at the end of the url with Wondra's name... Doesn't always work, but can sometimes lead you to hidden entries at Ben's site winking smiley
October 14, 2008 03:57AM
hoi!

has any of you a write-up for the X-men: Evolution characters ? i need especially Spike's powers and abilities.

thnx,
Dae
November 06, 2008 02:49AM
Has anyone did any write-ups for the Dial H for Hero characters?
and how would you handle players who wanted to use characters like this?
November 06, 2008 03:04AM
I'd wondered about that myself, but depending on the dial (the first Robby Reed alien dial or just the watch and pendant versions) the power levels possible where varied and sometimes close to Superman level in option. Makes for a lot of difficulty in accurately modeling any of the versions let alone some of the identities that they each became (they number in the hundreds overall). Still I have loved the series and wouldn't mind a character like that either with natural powers like that or a power object like the Dial to use. Makes a lot of challenge for the player and judge though for his temp characters if they're randomly created each game session or worse more often.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
November 06, 2008 04:16AM
Good points Nightmask, I as well have always liked them. Just a shame they can't figure out how to keep those characters around for more than 3-5 issues.
November 06, 2008 04:20AM
Oh one of the characters is still around, as Robby Reed in the Silver Age when the first Power Dial was introduced became Plastic Man, an existing hero, at least twice during his career. It's not unrealistic to think that they could have also existed either somewhere on the main DC earth or in some alternate DC continuity and were copied from those heroes. Still I suppose as much as I like the idea I should create a version of PC for myself of a power dial hero just for the fun of it.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
November 06, 2008 04:40AM
Yeah that would be a fun character to play. However I was meaning the people like Chris King and Vicki, Robby and Nick. I know that They dealt with Robby in that series H.E.R.O. but to me it felt more like a Elseword story as the Robby they used didn't seem anything like the one we knew.
November 06, 2008 04:48AM
Well with the reboots I don't consider the new DC to be the DC I grew up with so the original Robby and the rest of the Dial users from Pre-Crisis I consider still as good and decent as they were before they fell to the general 'Got to make everything black and sick inside' format for DC anymore. As I remember it most of their characters had only a few powers and were themed (Hasty Pudding was able to move at near-light speed BUT couldn't move slower than that). Not too many had a range of powers available to them.

-- Peter David

November 06, 2008 05:21AM
True which is what made them intresting characters. I remeber when Chris King became Composite man and could split into 100 duplicates of himself but each was only like 6-8 inces tall. I miss them days...lol
November 07, 2008 01:32AM
Oh yes that was so funny, sending out his duplicates in order to search for a villain. How about when he dialed HORROR and turned into a monster for a short time? Or ended up playing against that entity trapped in that timeless realm in various ridiculous games until he gave up and ate his way to the surface of the guy's planetoid and used the timeless nature of things to go through hundreds of heroes until he found one with the power to get him home?

-- Peter David

November 07, 2008 02:52AM
Yeah that was some great comical stuff. How about the time Victoria was sent to another place and she figured that since that place had (I think) a white sun and she would have natural super powers because being from Earth was a yellow sun. I think she gain limited super strength and toughness.
November 07, 2008 03:20AM
Right, her super-powered form was powerless in that alien world but the white sun made her normal human self a super-human like superman (which btw was canon to Pre-Crisis DC as Jimmy Olsen once became like Superman under a blue-white star based on the rediculous notion that if Superman gets his powers under a yellow sun which is a higher spectrum sun than the red sun of his birthworld then a human under a higher-spectrum sun like a blue-white one would be super-human as well). How about the humorous bit where their master villain (the evil half of Robby Reed) got the one power dial only to find himself suffering a compulsion to be heroic after transforming into Jupiter?

-- Peter David

November 07, 2008 04:13AM
Heh, Yeah cause the Wizard (good Robby) made the new H-Dials limited until they discovered that spelling other things had various effects on them. One thing that I did notice a lot was most of Victoria's heriones had air control abilities which was kinda funny. How many version of Air controllers can you make....lol
November 10, 2008 04:08PM
Just curious if anyone has done up the Lobdell Alpha Flight? I am looking for Puck II to be honest...any help would be appreciated.
Re: Alpha Flight Requests
November 10, 2008 05:00PM
Don't know which folks were in Lobdell's Flight, but here's a link for Ben Reilly's Alpha Flight page:

[www.angelfire.com]

unfortunately, he doesn't appear to have Puck 2 written up...

I've seen a DC Heroes rpg style writeup for her over at www.writeups.org

Maybe that might help you out. I didn't read the comics with her in them, so any translation I might be able to come up with based on their writeup would just be a rough conversion of the stat rankings based on the methods I use for converting stuff from DC Heroes material.. Roughly multiplying the DC Heroes AP rankings for stats / powers by x5 might give you a halfway decent idea of where max. rank numbers for the character might fall in MSH...
Re: Alpha Flight Requests
November 11, 2008 04:08AM
Redman II,

Thanks it is something to work with!

Ronin84
November 13, 2008 04:23AM
Has anyone ever done or scene write ups for Ultraman form the many TV series he has had.
November 26, 2008 03:51PM
Ok, here are a couple I've been wondering about.

Kenpatchi Zaraki, and Urahara Kitsuki from the Manga Bleach,

While we're at it throw in Naruto and Sakura from the Manga of the same name.

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
December 09, 2008 11:31AM
I notice that the site doesn't have stats for Marvel Odin. I couldn't find any using the search forum search engine either.

Anyone care to try their hand? I personally must refrain.

Powersurge (stats, pics, history) [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

Morningstar (specs, pics, campaign jouranl) [www.alphaflight.net])

Protectors Limited Series [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1
December 09, 2008 11:54AM
If you download the judge's book from the advanced set, Odin is in there.

Powersurge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I notice that the site doesn't have stats for
> Marvel Odin. I couldn't find any using the search
> forum search engine either.
>
> Anyone care to try their hand? I personally must
> refrain.
December 09, 2008 12:26PM
Thanks Capo! I actaully already have those stats, but they look kinda rushed, and so I was wondering if anybody has given him or might be willing to give him a more detailed treatment?

Powersurge (stats, pics, history) [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

Morningstar (specs, pics, campaign jouranl) [www.alphaflight.net])

Protectors Limited Series [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1
December 09, 2008 12:44PM
Powersurge,

> ...so I was wondering if anybody has given him or might be willing to give him a more detailed treatment?

I'll consider it, but only as a side project, since I'm sort of a busy guy at the moment. That being said, you'd probably get a faster response from someone else here on the boards. If I get some time here in the next few weeks I'll give it a good once over.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
December 09, 2008 03:37PM
[www.classicmarvel.com]

There ya go, dude. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 27
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.