Character Write-Up Request Thread

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
Re: Character Write-Up Request Thread
December 24, 2009 03:55AM
Are there Thundercats write-up somewhere? I haven't seen any and think they might be the next project after Mortal Kombat and Terminator: Salvation are complete.
December 24, 2009 12:28PM
To be honest, I don't really think I've seen a complete sourcebook on the Thundercats. I've always wanted to tackle them, but the Sword of Omens/Eye of Thundara and Mumm-Ra have always seemed like really big chellenges.
January 18, 2010 05:34AM
How about some Code Geass characters, and mecha? Anyone want to help me with that?
January 20, 2010 06:03PM
My girlfriend is interested in playing. This has taken many years of her hearing FASERIP before her showing any interest. Now I know some of you are saying SWEET you got your girlfriend into playing MSH. I to would normally say woo! as well, however on her character write up she stumped me. She wants a character who is ... a ... Care Bear.

Now I am fair however I have no clue as to what a Care Bear should have in stats, powers or contacts. She is also not able to fully explain in game terms what they would be. I probably could have written out a Smurf, Snork, Thundar the Barbarian or maybe Elmo. At this task I am at a loss.

(Note I believe she did this so she could get a stump the judge karma award. This leads to another question. Can a player get karma before they have a character? I think she is going to take over the Marvel Universe.)

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
January 21, 2010 04:32AM
Here's a wiki entry on them. it does go into things like their care bear stare and such. But honestly, most care bears aren't gonna be all that tough.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Fellupthestairs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My girlfriend is interested in playing. This has
> taken many years of her hearing FASERIP before her
> showing any interest. Now I know some of you are
> saying SWEET you got your girlfriend into playing
> MSH. I to would normally say woo! as well, however
> on her character write up she stumped me. She
> wants a character who is ... a ... Care Bear.
>
> Now I am fair however I have no clue as to what a
> Care Bear should have in stats, powers or
> contacts. She is also not able to fully explain in
> game terms what they would be. I probably could
> have written out a Smurf, Snork, Thundar the
> Barbarian or maybe Elmo. At this task I am at a
> loss.
>
> (Note I believe she did this so she could get a
> stump the judge karma award. This leads to another
> question. Can a player get karma before they have
> a character? I think she is going to take over the
> Marvel Universe.)
>
> Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
January 21, 2010 05:27AM
Thanks. I think I'm gonna regret bugging her all these years to play.
January 22, 2010 08:34AM
Hey all

So, I started this little thread about the 1970s.....but real life has sort of distracted me, and I've got few things finished stat-wise. To that end, I'm gonna probably put the 1970s on hold and go right into my next idea for stats. Before I go there and do what I'm planning, I've already begun assembling stats for next October...There were a lot I forgot grinning smiley.

I would love to see someone take on the Elementals.
January 23, 2010 05:10AM
Also how about Tarzan and some other pulp heroes that aren't on Ben's page? The Spider?
January 23, 2010 02:04PM
What about the Iron Man armor from the IM One shot Iron Man: The End?
February 06, 2010 10:43AM
Has anyone done profiles for the characters of the old cartoon 'Gargoyles' and if not mind if I took a crack at them smiling smiley
February 06, 2010 10:56AM
Incognito Wrote:
> Has anyone done profiles for the characters of the
> old cartoon 'Gargoyles' and if not mind if I took
> a crack at them smiling smiley

Whether someone has or not go for it, a different perspective on things never hurt.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
February 07, 2010 12:03PM
Okay I have a request for a write-up, I would like to see a character profile done for Alice, from the Resident Evil Movies! eye popping smiley
[en.wikipedia.org]

The Cutter

February 08, 2010 04:22AM
Which movie, 1, 2, or 3? It makes a difference in statting her out.

The_Skycutter Wrote:
> Okay I have a request for a write-up, I would like
> to see a character profile done for Alice, from
> the Resident Evil Movies! eye popping smiley
> [en.wikipedia.org]
February 08, 2010 04:46AM
I was reading a thread and someone mentioned Mystery Men. Has anyone one done stats on the greatest super hero team of all time? smiling smiley
February 08, 2010 06:27AM
Has anyone done profiles for the characters of the old cartoon 'Gargoyles' and if not mind if I took a crack at them smiling smiley

I would like to see these!
February 08, 2010 10:09AM
I remember taking a stab at some of the Gargoyles waaaaaaaaaay back during the Marvel RPG mailing list days. I think I only got to Goliath, hudson, and maybe Lexington. Unfortunately, I ran into some serious roadblocks as I couldn't keep up with the cartoon in order to properly stat some things, like the later appearances of the Pack, Demona and Macbeth's ever evolving abilities, etc.
February 09, 2010 07:37PM
I would like to see a write up of Aspen Matthews from the Fathom comic.
Magdalena and Shi?
March 03, 2010 01:31PM
Has anyone done any writeups for either The Magdalena (Patience), or Shi?
March 05, 2010 06:41AM
Anyone want to take a crack at Frazetta's "Deathdealer", aka. Gath of Baal?

I read a couple of his books back in the early 90's and had a big framed poster of him hanging on the wall in our work-out room. As we done bench presses my older bro would say ... "imagine that freak bearing down on you trying to crush you, dude. You gonna let him? You gonna die?" LOL

From what I recall Gath was a powerful barbarian who ended up wearing somekind of magical/evil helmet that made him even more powerful. And was his axe magical, or was it just the helmet?

Anyway, would love to see some stats on this guy.

Powersurge (stats, pics, history) [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

Morningstar (specs, pics, campaign jouranl) [www.alphaflight.net])

Protectors Limited Series [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1
March 05, 2010 06:48AM
I'd have to dig out some of those old death dealer comics. Didn't danzig write it too?
March 10, 2010 02:17AM
DEATH DEALER

Just make him equivalent to THOR

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
TANKERACE

Tanker's MSH Characters
[www.classicmarvelforever.com]
Expanded MSH Table
[www.classicmarvelforever.com]

MOTÖRHEAD
March 10, 2010 12:54PM
Wow. Gath is wicked cool.

"Fortune favors the stupid!"
March 12, 2010 07:31PM
How about John Gaunt AKA Grimjack?

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
March 19, 2010 11:27AM
TankerAce Wrote:
> DEATH DEALER
>
> Just make him equivalent to THOR

Blasphemy! To the Rock of Thorr with you! lol

Seriously though, Gath is clearly a cut above Conan, but nowhere near Thor-class.

Powersurge (stats, pics, history) [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

Morningstar (specs, pics, campaign jouranl) [www.alphaflight.net])

Protectors Limited Series [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1
March 19, 2010 12:59PM
How about Invincible, Omni Man and such.
March 21, 2010 10:10AM
How about "The Most Interesting Man in the World" from those Dos Equis beer commercials.

His reputation is expanding faster than the universe
He once had an awkward moment, just to see how it felt.
He lives vicariously through himself

People hang on to his every word, even the prepositions
He can disarm you with his looks, or his hands, either way.
He can speak french, in russian

The police often question him, just cause they find him interesting
His beard alone, has expierienced more than another man's entire body
His blood smells like colonge

He can cure narcolepsy just by walking into a room
His organ donner card, includes his beard
He's a lover, not a fighter, but he's also a fighter so don't get any ideas

His personality is so magnetic, he is unable to carry credit cards
Even his enemies list him as their emergency contact number
He never says anything tastes like chicken, not even chicken

He wouldn't be afraid to show his feminine side, if he had one
His mother has a tatoo that reads "Son"
At museums, he's allowed to touch the art

He is The Most Interesting Man in the World.
Obscure Super-Villain: Malice
March 21, 2010 03:41PM
Anyone ever do a write-up on the one-shot Ghost Rider Villain Malice? He was apparently a spoiled man of wealth who had a lot of super-tech built so he could go around enjoying himself being destructive and instilling fear in the 'little people'. Quite self-absorbed and jaded due to his money he needed something new for entertaining himself (literally does refer to it as entertainment) as sailing around in his yacht wasn't cutting it anymore. His career apparently ended permanently in a single issue after his soul-burning encounter with GR.

As an aside I wonder whatever happened to his gear, it was pretty useful (in a mainly destructive sense) and you'd think someone would have snatched them up to use either as a new hero or villain or by the government as military weapons. One weapon actually caused guns to spontaneously explode.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
Re: Obscure Super-Villain: Malice
March 24, 2010 12:16PM
Any one have a hankering to do some Characters from the Bleach manga or anime at all?

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
April 08, 2010 05:51AM
@ Capo

since the Street Fighter write-ups were so great you ought to try some other 2D fighting game characters. thumbs up
April 08, 2010 01:22PM
I am toying with the idea of another sourcebook. I haven't decided what i want to do - either expand the Street Fighter U with the Final Fight roster... or go in another direction and tackle my white whale - Voltron. Something will be in the works though, I guarantee it.

Zounds!!! Wrote:
> @ Capo
>
> since the Street Fighter write-ups were so great
> you ought to try some other 2D fighting game
> characters. thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 32
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.