Greeting and Salutations - The Official Introduction Thread

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
Re: Greeting and Salutations - The Official Introduction Thread
November 16, 2013 07:58PM
Hey Earthbound,

welcome to the group and forum.
Tell us your stories, ideas, take on things.
Ask away questions, someone will answer or point you in the right direction
November 17, 2013 06:05AM
Welcome, Earthbound smiling smiley
November 17, 2013 10:45AM
Howdy Earthbound!

And so another wanders into the trap.grinning smiley
November 22, 2013 12:11AM
Just wanted to say hello.

My name is Rob and I am 40 years old, currently living in the Orlando area. I have been reading comic books since as far back as I can remember. Started playing the Basic MSH RPG when it first came out and was hooked on it. Began playing it again about a year ago thanks to all the wonderful resources that everyone has provided. I also play a lot of computer RPG's and have been doing that since I got my Commodore 64 in 1986, I THINK.

Obsesssed with the writings of Garth Ennis. Have pretty much everything he has done including, and my favorite work of his, "The Boys." I loved the way it portrayed "super heroes" and had a great humor about it to boot. I have every issue and they make up a mosaic on my wall. Don't read many other comics although I follow the industry online.

I work as an artist doing abstract chalk drawings. I have always loved art and chose an abstract form because I have nerve damage in both hands. So pinpoint detail isn't an issue for me, just familiarity. I use chalk because it's very forgiving and fun to use. Not a millionare or anything, but I love drawing and think my work is pretty good.

So, that's about it. Thanks for the time and I'll see you all around.

Peace and love, Rob.

"Most regular superhero books are designed to go on forever; of course, very few of them do, but the point is they are trying to throw mud against the wall and hope it will stick, and most of it slides off." Garth Ennis.
November 22, 2013 05:44AM
Welcome, Rob smiling smiley
November 22, 2013 07:44AM
Hi Rob,
Always nice to meet new people.
November 22, 2013 10:31AM
Welcome to the party Rob!!
November 22, 2013 02:36PM
Rob Storm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just wanted to say hello.
>
> My name is Rob and I am 40 years old, currently
> living in the Orlando area. I have been reading
> comic books since as far back as I can remember.
> Started playing the Basic MSH RPG when it first
> came out and was hooked on it. Began playing it
> again about a year ago thanks to all the wonderful
> resources that everyone has provided. I also play
> a lot of computer RPG's and have been doing that
> since I got my Commodore 64 in 1986, I THINK.
>
> Obsesssed with the writings of Garth Ennis. Have
> pretty much everything he has done including, and
> my favorite work of his, "The Boys." I loved the
> way it portrayed "super heroes" and had a great
> humor about it to boot. I have every issue and
> they make up a mosaic on my wall. Don't read many
> other comics although I follow the industry
> online.
>
> I work as an artist doing abstract chalk drawings.
> I have always loved art and chose an abstract form
> because I have nerve damage in both hands. So
> pinpoint detail isn't an issue for me, just
> familiarity. I use chalk because it's very
> forgiving and fun to use. Not a millionare or
> anything, but I love drawing and think my work is
> pretty good.
>
> So, that's about it. Thanks for the time and I'll
> see you all around.
>
> Peace and love, Rob.

Glad to have you here!

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
November 22, 2013 03:15PM
Greetings Rob! When the C64 was introduced I wanted to use it to learn to program but got hooked on the games. When I finally decided to get serious about programming the C64 the dang Amiga came out and the vicious cycle started all over again. Thanks to them games I didn't learn a d@mn thing, but had alotta fun though.

Creativity is certainly appreciated here, just check out the canon characters sections. Maybe you could do a character write-up.
November 22, 2013 03:24PM
I had an Amiga as well! The nurse that was taking care of my step-grandfather, who raised me, was quite poor. At the time I had just received an Amiga 500 for my birthday and I thought it might be nice to give this nurse, who had a daughter about my age, the C64 and everything with it. Lots of fond memories with that console but I felt good about giving it away. Played the devil out of Might and Magic 1, Wasteland and Legacy Of The Ancients. Good times...

It's funny that you mention programming on the C64. I would go to the library about once a week and copy programs that were in the back of computer magazines. The first one I did was for a calendar you could print out. When the thing actually worked I was running around giving a copy to everyone. It was a big deal to me even though I guess it was something insignificant.

"Most regular superhero books are designed to go on forever; of course, very few of them do, but the point is they are trying to throw mud against the wall and hope it will stick, and most of it slides off." Garth Ennis.
November 24, 2013 11:10PM
Hello, just found this site. Brings back memories.
November 25, 2013 07:10AM
Greetings, highbone smiling smiley
November 25, 2013 12:03PM
Highbone,
Welcome
November 25, 2013 01:57PM
Welcome Highbone to the forum!!
November 25, 2013 03:01PM
Glad you could make it Highbone.
November 26, 2013 12:56AM
Welcome Highbone! Good to have ya' with us.

December 09, 2013 07:02PM
Hiya. I've started playing MSH when it first came out, and ran a campaign all through high school. To me, the best Marvel comics were done in the 80's, with great storylines in the Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, and Uncanny X-Men. I've played all kinds of RPG's, and video games, over the years. MSH is still a favorite.

Now, I'm all grown up with a family, and running my own office in Fort Myers, Florida. I don't get to play as often (if at all!), but my high school friends that I stay in touch with keep saying it would be fun to reboot the campaign and play again.

I found this site (and keep returning to it) because I found it to be the most comprehensive site for all things MSH on the web. I think it's great!
December 09, 2013 07:54PM
welcome, Curu smiling smiley
December 09, 2013 08:35PM
Curu Wrote:
> Hiya. I've started playing MSH when it first came
> out, and ran a campaign all through high school.
> To me, the best Marvel comics were done in the
> 80's, with great storylines in the Avengers,
> Amazing Spider-Man, and Uncanny X-Men. I've played
> all kinds of RPG's, and video games, over the
> years. MSH is still a favorite.
>
> Now, I'm all grown up with a family, and running
> my own office in Fort Myers, Florida. I don't get
> to play as often (if at all!), but my high school
> friends that I stay in touch with keep saying it
> would be fun to reboot the campaign and play
> again.
>
> I found this site (and keep returning to it)
> because I found it to be the most comprehensive
> site for all things MSH on the web. I think it's
> great!

Glad to have you here!

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
December 10, 2013 01:12PM
Hey Curu,
welcome to the site!!
December 17, 2013 07:04PM
Hello all!

When the site was just "classicmarvel.com" I was on there under the name "Chance". I kinda fell out of RPGs for awhile (yeah, gotta love the becoming an adult and single parent thing), but have recently been able to get back into the swing of things. I'm even getting my son (who is now 9) in on the whole thing. Not too long ago I was talking with some friends about the Marvel RPG and some expressed an interest in playing. Well, I hopped online and was upset to see there was no "classicmarvel.com". Google saved the day afterwards! lol

A little bit about me, I'm 35 with an awesome 9 year old son (seriously, he's a mini me) and have been playing RPGs since the summer of 1991 when I purchased the basic box set for Dungeons and Dragons 2nd Edition. I've not looked back since. Over the years I've played everything from Robotech, to Warhammer Quest, to Buffy the Vampire Slayer and many others. I also love to GM games and love challenging myself and my players.

I can't wait to discuss and even argue (civily of course!) about different comic book characters and anything else that comes up. I'm so glad I was able to rediscover this site and some of the characters I posted under my previous name "Chance". Which is good because I am going to have my players fight a couple I have in the Archives... Anyway, if there is anything else you'd like to know about me, ask away!
Greetings and Welcome Back
December 17, 2013 08:42PM
Greetings, Midknight42, and Welcome Back, Chance smiling smiley
Re: Greetings and Welcome Back
December 18, 2013 12:32PM
Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out.
Welcome back to that same old place that you laughed about.
Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.
-Welcome Back Kotter lyrics

kewl!! Always good to be able to pass down knowledge memories and what not to the offspring!

A lot to yap about nowdays
Movies, TV show, comics, good and bad,
December 18, 2013 05:20PM
Thanks guys!
December 23, 2013 07:35PM
Hey guys, I'm new to the Marvel Super Heroes rpg and absolutely love it. I'd been searching for a supers game for ages which handles everything I needed it to, and one which has a great rule set. This' it!
December 24, 2013 03:59PM
cyberdon Wrote:
> Hey guys, I'm new to the Marvel Super Heroes rpg
> and absolutely love it. I'd been searching for a
> supers game for ages which handles everything I
> needed it to, and one which has a great rule set.
> This' it!

Yepper I am sure we can all be in agreeance to that statement!!
January 28, 2014 02:23PM
Hello all,
I was recently directed to this site and love it! I used to play MSH way back with friends of mine who worked in a comic shop. It was one of the few stable games I've ever gotten into in my history of rpging and I'm thrilled to see there are still people out there who haven't forgotten the game. I'm poking around the forum but it's a little overwhelming. How many of you are still active here? I'd love to chat about gaming. Oh, also, I come bearing gifts. Back when my friends and I were playing this game (back in the 80's & 90's) I got some promotional material for the game at the time it was released. They're cards; some business, some Identification, for the MSH RPG. I thought some of you might get a kick out of using them in your games. I just sent scans of them to Cutter so maybe he'll put them up on the site for download. Enjoy, and nice meeting you!
January 30, 2014 04:57PM
It's good to have you along Wendell. Think of this as a kind of think tank where we discuss things like adamantium, collosus vs hulk, radiation induced superpowers, etc.

You know, the things that REALLY matter.grinning smiley

Welcome to the boards!
January 31, 2014 04:12AM
Hi everybody.
So I used to play with my buddies in high school back in the late 80s. Is was one of the few RPGs I really liked (otherwise it was table top war gaming like Btech, 40K, Squad Leader).

So, twenty plus years later I'm introducing my nephews to pen and paper games. Having them build a group of friends and I'll run a campaign for them of original characters.
January 31, 2014 05:04AM
Nice. Welcome to the forums.

The X-men campaign from the boxed set is a good starter campaign for a "group of friends" around highschool age, ane can be modifed if necessary for college or university kids...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 28
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.