Greeting and Salutations - The Official Introduction Thread

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
Re: Greeting and Salutations - The Official Introduction Thread
May 21, 2008 11:00AM
always cool to see someone else from the Los Angeles area.
Greeting and Salutations - The Official Introduction Thread
May 24, 2008 12:36PM
Updating the link to a similar thread over at Classic Marvel Forever: cool smiley

[admin.forumphpbb3.com]

The one in the first post of this thread is a dead link. sad smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2008 01:50PM by The_Skycutter.
May 24, 2008 06:07PM
Hello everyone,

I'm not really sure what to write so i'm going to warn you all now that i intend to babble winking smiley
Names Max and i've been a comics fan for years - even drew some comics professionally which was fun but now i work as an art director which is nice cause of the health benefits which i need as i'm dealing with brain cancer. Kind of scary that.

Aside form art and doing art things I like comic books, both Marvel and DC. I'm a big fan of the Classic Marvel Super Hero game from the 80s and i bought a copy of it on Ebay. I also built a website - www.xpg.us which is based on the X-Men movies and uses many of the classic Marvel rules to run an RPG. It's pretty fun and we have lots of ncie people over there and all are welcomed.

I use to be a real comics collector until i lost everything in a flood which sucked. But i do read X-Men, Young X-Men, Young Avengers and the entire Marvel Ultimate line... If they made an Ultimate Young Avengers book i'd buy it (laughs). At this time i have a couple hundred comics laying around my house which always seem to vanish - i've no idea where they go given time. I think i give them away. Now i put them in little white boxs, so i can give them away in a more organized fashion (laughs).

So uhm... thats all i can think of to say at the moment. I have three cats and also one stray that lives out doors and i feed. uhm. told you all i'd babble
Can't wait for the Hulk - Ironman rocked as a movie!
Re: Welcome Chezshire
May 24, 2008 06:37PM
Welcome indeed, Max smiling smiley

You're in good company around here, with the rest of us comics / rpg / general superhero stuff weirdos winking smiley

Sorry to hear about the brain cancer. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family in dealing with all that comes with such things.

P.S. I'll see your 3 cats and 1 stray, and raise you an additional cat and stray apiece, plus two children tongue sticking out smiley
May 24, 2008 08:05PM
Welcome chezshire!

I'm honestly sorry to hear about your health trouble. It seems many of my friends are dealing with that in varying degrees right now, so I empathize with you. sad smiley

On top of that floods are generally considered bad, but when they wipe out your comics, they are really horrible. angry smiley

Hope you enjoy what we have to offer here on this website and forum.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
May 24, 2008 10:03PM
Hello and thanks for the well wishes,
I'm pretty optimistic at this moment as i have a 35% prognoses for a near full recovery, which is more then i had earlier in the month so I'm happy grinning smiley I've been wandering through your sight tonight and exploring and i think that this (the third version of it if i'm understanding everything i've read tonight is very spiffy overall and I applaud everyone's work here). I'm building something like this or i wish i could say its like this but it's different - more RP oriented then community focused. I did put a link up to this site on mine grinning smiley

thanks for the nice thoughts - i'm off to go watch it rain some more - we're having these wondeful showers tonight so i'm having fun goofing around in the rain.
Off to slush in the puddles

night!
May 24, 2008 11:31PM
Welcome to the community Max, you are always welcomed here. I'm positive that your life and health will dramatically improve. Just think of your self already feeling better. Mind Over Matter. You'll be amazed at what your mind can do for you. Be strong, laugh a lot, watch funny comedies and don't think about the bad stuff, just don't. You'll do fine, I'm sure of it.
May 26, 2008 11:43AM
Thanks again RAGs (I think i like saying RAGs as it sort of makes the skulls and fire a little less scary. Someone you call rags is the sort of skelton you make smores with over an open fire vs. being fed to the fire by the skelton winking smiley

Thanks for the well wishes and such. Also if your interested, this is the pod cast of the superpowers version of this american life 'http://www.thisamericanlife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?episode=178'

Chez

www.xpg.us/cerebra.com (very cool cerebra/cerebro simulation) Additionally, www.xpg.us is hosting an online RPG based on the Marvel Universe. XPG's game uses Classic Marvel Super Heroe's rule system (with house variants) as it's rule system - check us out!
May 30, 2008 08:20PM
I'm back again, didn't realize the forums went through so much in my absence
June 04, 2008 12:30PM
Boy there have been alot of changes around here! Hi. I'm Bricks.

I started gaming back in the mid 80's (1983 or 84 I think). At first it was AD&D. Can't remember what edition that was. Whichever one had the Djin on the DM handbook. Eventually my group moved on to other games. MSH was the second game I tried. I loved it. Then we got the advanced edition and loved it even more. We moved onto Villians and Vigilantes, Shadowrun, and tried a few others along the way. Anyway, college came along, and then life happened and we eventually split of course, but MSH was never forgotten.

Maybe 6-7 years ago, I came upon classicmarvel.com. There are some very cool things I remember about the site. I remember the great debates about True Invulnerability, Magic. I remember thinking how cool it was that David E. Martin posted on the site. I remember Wolfspyder. It's great to see some of the same names from a few years ago. I'm still trying to catch up with everything that happened, but it's good to see everything, and everyone here.

I'm 38 now. Have a 6 year old son, a new wife (got married this past memorial day to my childhood friend), and a baby on the way (due in December). My wife's brother is one of the best friends I have in the world and was one of my main gaming buddies from back then. She still remembers the days when her older brother and his buddies would cram into his bedroom for those all night gaming sessions, desperately yelling out "KARMA" while she tried to sleep. I guess I feel like although the experience guarantees that she will never be a gamer, at least I trust that she gets me.

So earlier this week, I began teaching my 6 year old how to play chess. He's still learning to read so comics have been great for him, but I can't wait for him to get a little bit older. I'll introduce him to the old MSH material on my comp.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2008 12:37PM by bricks.
June 04, 2008 12:39PM
Welcome back to the community. cool smiley
June 04, 2008 12:40PM
Welcome Back 'bricks'!!!! grinning smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
June 04, 2008 12:50PM
Welcome back, Bricks smiling smiley Nice to see more of the old-timers popping back in, along with newer faces smiling smiley
June 07, 2008 06:51AM
Hey all.

Caesarmoo here. Westcoast kid living in the mild south.

I started gaming in Jr High and found MSHRPG in highschool (approx 91ish). i played only as a player for many years and didnt try judging until around 98-00.

Sadly, that was about the same time my whole group disolved into marriages, arguments, busy jobs, moving away, or just general disinterest. I havent gamed at all since then. I got back into gaming about 8 months ago with West End Star Wars (yeah, i love the older systems) and when that ended, i thought i would try my hand at judging a MSHRPG game.

I still have some of my old books but i remember almost nothing of the combat specifics. That lead me to looking around. I found a lot of sites that havent had a single update since 05 or older. When i found recent posts here, i got excited and signed up.

Hope to talk Superhero Nerd with all of you.
-moo
June 07, 2008 09:22AM
caesarmoo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey all.
>
> Caesarmoo here. Westcoast kid living in the mild
> south.
>
> I started gaming in Jr High and found MSHRPG in
> highschool (approx 91ish). i played only as a
> player for many years and didnt try judging until
> around 98-00.
>
> Sadly, that was about the same time my whole group
> disolved into marriages, arguments, busy jobs,
> moving away, or just general disinterest. I havent
> gamed at all since then. I got back into gaming
> about 8 months ago with West End Star Wars (yeah,
> i love the older systems) and when that ended, i
> thought i would try my hand at judging a MSHRPG
> game.
>
> I still have some of my old books but i remember
> almost nothing of the combat specifics. That lead
> me to looking around. I found a lot of sites that
> havent had a single update since 05 or older. When
> i found recent posts here, i got excited and
> signed up.
>
> Hope to talk Superhero Nerd with all of you.
> -moo

Welcome to the community caesarmoo. We are glad to have you.
June 10, 2008 08:58AM
Okay, I'm back. Now everyone play nice. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"I am no longer taking responsibility for anyone but myself. You are all on your own now."
"Vulnerable and hot trumps paranoid most of the time."
June 16, 2008 11:30AM
Okay, but only because you said so. tongue sticking out smiley

Welcome back.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
June 17, 2008 11:23AM
Hello everyone, I was just shown this site today by my girl and I have looked around it for a bit and am impressed with the stuff here. I really like the character write ups that are done. I have done d20 rpgs for about a decade now and have also done some other rpgs as well. I love making up character stats and have a tendency to do that a lot when I get bored. About a year ago I made over 50 character stats for a number of marvel characters using the d20 modern system. Compared some of those to yalls d20 conversion here and its pretty close.

I look forward to reading more of the stuff located here and learning the ropes so to speak. Guess thats about it for my intro so have a nICE day grinning smiley
June 17, 2008 11:29AM
Welcome to the Classic Marvel forums Andferne and I hope you have a long and happy stay here!

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
June 17, 2008 11:59AM
Hi my name is Colin.

I don't even know where to begin... I was in middle school when I first started playing RPGs with D&D and MSH. I gravitated more towards super heroes and stuck with them all the way into the 90's. My friends and I had made a team called Vortex and played them relentlessly. Over time I went to college and moved and then got married but the Vortex team never really left me. When City of Heroes came out I jumped at the chance to make my old MSH team and did. I don't PnP game as much anymore but I'm really glad to know that this game is still played!
June 17, 2008 12:16PM
Knighthawk and Andferne, welcome to ClassicMarvelForever.com! smoking smiley

The Cutter

June 17, 2008 12:30PM
Welcome, Knighthawk, and Andferne as well. smiling smiley

Hang out, enjoy, and have a cold one smileys with beer
June 17, 2008 02:56PM
Thank you Nightmask and Skycutter
June 18, 2008 07:12PM
Hey all - yah well I started Rpging way back in the 70s out of the Basic D&D manual an worked my way through all the dice an rule modifications. Found MSHs an ran with it up til 1996 an got into the military an got back into AD&D, d20 an found a New Love "Werewolf - The Appocolypes(spell check)" got out of the Military an found Mutants an Masterminds, an went back to The One an only Marvel Super Heroes RPG. Sadly enough my game master will not start another campaign due to not enough self motivation.
38 yrs old, Maine. Learned to read off of Vamprella - inked Magazine. My first time reading a Marvel was Dr. Strange, Tales to Astonish or Tales of Mystery? not sure of the title but know it was Dr. Strange
June 18, 2008 07:20PM
Welcome to the boards, Chi!!! Hope you enjoy yourself. grinning smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
June 19, 2008 05:01PM
Well I Bought THe Box Set MSH RPG, The Ultimate Powers Source Booklet, an The Box set of Magic(NPC's/Dieties/Spells, personal/universal/Dimensional, Items of magical origins. And how to create a magic wielding player, one of my favorite collections). For my Game Master no longer plays his version (worlds or On the Clock Gaming) of Marvel. Have found World Of Warcraft, that takes care of mine an their D&D fix but... I do miss the Rolling of the 10s - was really big into Werewolf/Vampire- the Apocolypse/Masquerade, Mutants an Masterminds for a short run, but always love the Marvel Game Masters that made their own Marvel Mainstreem twists an turns.. Thanks all Again if any of you are Dr. Strange fans check the Source Books.
August 11, 2008 02:24PM
Hey Guys I am a Wannabe Game Player Who Probaley Never Will be,in The Circle of People I Know Nobody is into Role Playing Gamessad smiley I am However a Avid Comic Book Fan and That Makes me a Kindred Spirt to the Rest of You Here.I Live in Sanford Florida and Have Been a Comic Fan for over 30 Years My Name is John My AlterEgo is The Mighty Galactus 1 BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAthe finger smiley.I have Been on this Site for a Couple of Years Now and it is a Great Place to Be Thanks to all G1 Out
August 26, 2008 01:36AM
Hi, I'm new to the site but have been playing Marvel for a couple years, about a year or two ago my group and I found this site and have added most of your variant rules to our game and it has made it quite a bit better. Anyways I'm Chris, I'm in Job Corp and running a two games currently. One Ultimate Marvel Universe and one standard 616 universe. Hope to chat ya'll up later.

"Let us face the one true enemy of Charles Xavier...STAIRS!"
August 26, 2008 01:53AM
Welcome Lagos!!! cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
September 14, 2008 02:36PM
Hello, true believers!

I am Eric from NJ, who has had fond memories of playing FASERIP Marvel from the 80's on.

Truth be told, I am looking for scanned maps to use with maptools (rptools.net) or suggestions on map making. One of my dear friends I have always played with now lives in Florida and we are using maptools so he can still play.

From our own Marvel Universe, all I can say is "All Hail the Feeble Fool!"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 19
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.