Official homebrew Versus Thread

Posted by Fangs 
Official homebrew Versus Thread
January 01, 2010 05:29PM
Poll
would you like Official homebrew Versus Thread to be made sticky?
This poll has expired. Voting is no longer possible.
9 votes were received.
yes - please add extra bubble gum and honey! 7

78%
no - I'm trying to cut down on the calories 2

22%

Hi everyone,
As I started the discussion in the previous topic re this title I thought that I would post this topic.
Criteria:
You can post your homebrewed character here with full stats and powers/powerstunts and talents and chose the opponent or opponents if you think your character can take them and the rest of us can then provide feed back on who would come up trumps/victorious.
This is open to all home brews.

Members of the thread can ask more questions of the creator of the homebrew character so as to better ascertain the outcome of a particular matchup.

I would like to ask that the moderator or admin make this a sticky thread if possible.

I have added a poll with a limited time frame to respond (15 days).

Fangs
Forge yourself into the hero that others fear to be.
Ascend and demonstrate a better Ethos
Negotiate when you can and pound when you have no other option.
Go forward when others fear the darkness
Strive for the greatness that lies within you

Villains Costumes
Villain Costumes - Blogg
Villain Costumes - Urban Clothing
Villain Costumes - ACIDS approach to Foiling Villains Plans
Re: Official homebrew Versus Thread
January 01, 2010 05:39PM
Fangs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can post your homebrewed character here with
> full stats and powers/powerstunts and talents and
> chose the opponent or opponents if you think your
> character can take them and the rest of us can
> then provide feed back on who would come up
> trumps/victorious.
> This is open to all home brews.

Probably more reasonable for people to post their home brew characters in the 'Your Favorites' section rather than here, and simply include a link to the relevant posting. After all that's what YF's there for. winking smiley

> Members of the thread can ask more questions of
> the creator of the homebrew character so as to
> better ascertain the outcome of a particular
> matchup.

Sounds quite reasonable.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
Flaming Fox vs Fantastic 4
January 01, 2010 06:31PM
Flaming Fox vs Fantastic 4
I voted yes for this topic and would tike to start off with my home grown going up against the Fantastic 4.

I believe that he may still outmatch them but I chose all four as it seemed to be a fair match up.

I was thinking that he may take on the thing with hypnotic sound and manipulated him to attack jonny storm. He would then us shrinking to shrink himself down to to small enoungh size to get close enough to Mr. Fantastic to health drain him to unconciousness.

With susan storm if she went ivisible then he would use radar all round to detect her. Create flaming duplicates of himself and while she was distracted witht hem get close enogh to drain her health like Mr Richards.

He could directly engage and defeat Jonny Storm with a combination of attacks. Then use sound based attacks or hypnotic frequency to subdue Ben grim.

His details are in the archived thread. I will also post them in your favourites.

Here is the url:
[www.classicmarvelforever.com]

What does everyone else think?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2010 11:19PM by Fangs.
January 02, 2010 07:00AM
Each member can submit only one homebrewed character? I just wanted to get an idea of what standards we're using.

January 02, 2010 07:40AM
Punstarr Wrote:
> Each member can submit only one homebrewed
> character? I just wanted to get an idea of what
> standards we're using.

Are you wanting to send a team/alliance of your homebrewed characters against someone or anothe group instead? I don't see the standards being any stricter than with the canon-vs-canon thread. Most of the time it's one-on-one but it also ends up group-vs-group or group-vs-individual depending on the inclination of the poster.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
Re: Flaming Fox vs Fantastic 4
January 02, 2010 07:48AM
I lean towards the FF winning this fight myself. It wouldn't be the first time Ben's been mind-controlled to use against the group (assuming you were successful in dominating him) and even while dealing with Grimm the Torch could still negate Fox's fire constructs. The Invisible Woman also is pretty much Force Field Woman at this point and more aggressive than she was in the beginning and would go on the offensive with force bolts and containment spheres while Reed acted to contain Ben (something he frequently does given the difficulty in inflicting harm on his pliable form). The Shrinking might be helpful but against such a seasoned team that's seen virtually everything going up against them alone would require fantastic planning and luck to succeed.

-- Peter David

January 02, 2010 08:56AM
wait.... are you setting up a homebrew team with one character from each poster and putting that team against an established marvel team?
January 02, 2010 09:35AM
I guess if the poster would like their home brew team to go up against a canon team in marvel there is nothing stopping them from posting it.
Follow the same guidelines as the other official thread. Thus it could be:
Single homebrew vs single canon character
Single homebrew vs single canon team characters
Single homebrew Team vs single canon character
Single homebrew Team vs single canon Team characters
Addiction Vs Selene
January 02, 2010 11:15AM
To toss out an interesting villain face-off who would be the victor as Addiction ( [www.classicmarvelforever.com] ) faces off against Selene? Two life-force vampires going head to head would make for quite the interesting battle, and a potential stalemate as their powers might cancel out (although if so things would probably lean towards Addiction in that case).

-- Peter David

Another possible option
January 02, 2010 11:31AM
While browsing through my own characters thread to see what I've already posted here the thought came to mind that for those who've posted characters here there's the option for members to simply browse someone's posted characters and simply pick a match-up of one or more of their characters against some particular threat. Since it can be difficult for someone to pick one of their own characters and set it up in a fight where it's definitely a question as to who would win instead of fairly certain on the victory end.

-- Peter David

January 02, 2010 12:48PM
NightMask
I lean towards the FF winning this fight myself. It wouldn't be the first time Ben's been mind-controlled to use against the group (assuming you were successful in dominating him) and even while dealing with Grimm the Torch could still negate Fox's fire constructs. The Invisible Woman also is pretty much Force Field Woman at this point and more aggressive than she was in the beginning and would go on the offensive with force bolts and containment spheres while Reed acted to contain Ben (something he frequently does given the difficulty in inflicting harm on his pliable form). The Shrinking might be helpful but against such a seasoned team that's seen virtually everything going up against them alone would require fantastic planning and luck to succeed.

I guess that's why I attempted to outline fox's initial stategy.
Start off with fox being as small as possible and sneak up to ben grim.
Hynotic sound in ben grims ear to attack jonny storm as they rub each other the wrong way it would not be such a push to get him to attack jonny storm.
While that distracts the team then get up close to Mr fantastic and make skin contact to drain him to unconsciousness.
When that's done hide again near him or go after susan. If she is invisible use radar to locate her. Then create full size flaming images to distract her then hypnotic sound her to make her believe that jonny storm is about to seriously hurt ben and should be stopped. When she changes her focus and takes out jonny storm then health drain her.
With them down it would be a case of using resonant frequency and or physicle attack Ben grim.
January 02, 2010 02:02PM
Just grab some Home Brew Characters you think are cool outta the Forum Topics and say……

“I think this Home Brew Character is about on par with Spider-Man, Punisher, Supa-Man, Iron-Man, Thor"…. etc, etc….

What do you think might happen if this Home Brew locked horns with this Hombre’????

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
TANKERACE

Tanker's MSH Characters
Expanded MSH Table

MOTÖRHEAD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2010 02:02PM by TankerAce.
January 02, 2010 06:06PM
I have a couple of interesting one's to offer, though I wouldn't care to comment on the outcomes ...

Wolverine vs. the Broodling

The Broodling's stats are found here [www.classicmarvelforever.com] about 2/3's of the way down ... you'll see the pics of the ugly critter.

Needless to say perhaps, I think that this fight would go hard against Wolvie and would muchly depend on where his healing factor was at the time. How hard would depend on how prepared the Broodling was via the creation/utilization of drones and self-amping via it's bio-vampirism.

Weapon Alpha (James Mac) vs. Powersurge

Powersurge's stats can be found here [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

This one probably makes for an interesting match for reasons that have nothing to do with a fair fight and everything to do with the background of these two heroes. Powersurge probably just hits a little too hard for Mac, and has the better combat training. Of course, I'm biased. winking smiley

Powersurge (stats, pics, history) [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

Morningstar (specs, pics, campaign jouranl) [www.alphaflight.net])

Protectors Limited Series [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1
January 02, 2010 08:43PM
I would say that the broodling would probably have it over logan. Thing is that logans claws are adamantium and could cut the broodling to ribbons. All the broodling would need to do is get in one bit on wolverine and it would be over temporarily.
Problem is that the mutation lasts for 24 hours and I would say that having control over him would be the same as winning
Punstarr's Heroes
January 03, 2010 07:42AM
Can anyone think of any good matchups for Streak [www.classicmarvelforever.com] or Mindstorm? [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2010 07:42AM by Punstarr.
January 03, 2010 08:50AM
ok then for streak - Maybe Galactus's herald Nova, Mastermind, or an evil watcher
January 03, 2010 08:54AM
Well I think a Watcher would cream him, personally. Uatu is a young member of his race and he can go toe to toe with Galactus.

Mastermind could mess him up but good. Incredible Psyche is no match for Unearthly illusions.

Nova... not sure what she can do aside from fire effects. If she's more versatile than that she just may prevail. As a side note, whatever happened to her in the comics? I noticed she wasn't in Annihilation at all, which surprised me.

January 03, 2010 08:59AM
I was also considering Ultron, and Annihlus as an adversary for both mindstorm and Streak sepparately.

What did you think about Flaming Fox vs the Fantastic Four.

Here is Flaming Fox's details:

January 03, 2010 09:30AM
Fangs Wrote:
> I was also considering Ultron, and Annihlus as an
> adversary for both mindstorm and Streak
> sepparately.

Well Streak would definitely have a hard time against Ultron and his Adamantium body, which he couldn't dent.

Annihilus and Mindstorm? Wow, that would be a cool fight. I dunno... maybe someone else has an opinion on how that might go?

>
> What did you think about Flaming Fox vs the
> Fantastic Four.
>
> Here is Flaming Fox's details:
>
> [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
> p?9,23532

I think it would largely depend on where the fight took place. In the Fantastic Four's HQ, Reed would no doubt have access to lots of devices that could end the fight quickly or just give the Fantastic Four an advantage. Flaming Fox's main problem is that he's outnumbered, which the Fantastic Four have a lot of experience capitalizing on. His shrinking ability would be a boon that the Four would have a tough time countering, especially since he retains his Thing level strength and toughness while shrunk. That combined with his health drain power would make him able to apply "guerrilla tactics" and whittle the team down, but he has one big hole in his defense, and that's a lack of defense against fire (other than his sonic shield). While he's worrying about the other three, the Torch could blanket the area in Unearthly level fire and singe him pretty good. Now the question is would he? Johnny doesn't cut loose with his fire that often, so I'd have to say unless Flaming Fox killed one of the other three, the Torch would hold back. I think if he played it right the Fox could indeed take the Fantastic Four out.

January 03, 2010 10:49AM
Punstarr Wrote:
Nova... not sure what she can do aside from fire
> effects. If she's more versatile than that she
> just may prevail. As a side note, whatever
> happened to her in the comics? I noticed she
> wasn't in Annihilation at all, which surprised me.

Nova was much like Firelord, able to generate cosmic flames and manipulate the Power Cosmic to output what a star could including gravity and radiowaves. She's been dead for over a decade ever since Morg was made a herald after making the mistake of joining Silver Surfer alongside all the other heralds at the time (Terrax, Air Walker Automaton, Firelord) in opposing him. Cut down by Morg's axe.

-- Peter David

January 03, 2010 10:53AM
Gonna toss my thoughts in here...

First off, for anyone facing off against the FF on their own, the key tactics in my opinion are pulling hit-and-run and other guerrilla tactics, and doing your best to only face a single member of the FF at a time. They're too experienced at teamwork to risk facing two or more at once, even for an extremely powerful foe.

Now, for some specifics, I'd say take out Reed or Susan first. The FF is used to relying on Reed's direction, and you don't want to face his knack for coming up with quick and innovative wins on the fly. Personally, I'd go after Susan first; she's the real heart of the FF, at least as good (if not much better) a leader than Reed, and a formidable powerhouse in her own right. Hypnotize Sue and you not only add potent stealth and artillery to your side, but you also have a further tactical advantage in that the others will hold back when facing her. Remember, Sue can hear through her force fields, so certain frequencies of sonic attacks will penetrate as well. If you need to knock her out, then catch her alone and ignite the area around her force field; fire burns up the local oxygen, leaving her to pass out as the supply inside her field dwindles.

As for Ben and Johnny, pull hit and runs while taunting and aggravating them. Both can be goaded into rash mistakes, especially Johnny, which can leave them open for assaults or give them other things to worry about (like their rash, angry behavior causing collateral damage and putting civilians at risk).
January 03, 2010 11:03AM
PowerSurge's Match-Up

Wolverine -=VS=- Broodling

Ummmmm…. The Broodling is about equal to most of the X-Men. Making for a good story mixture since the X-Men are not overly powerful….. They’re basically top-rung ‘Humans’ with a few extra advantages….

However, in a straight-up 1-on-1 brawl I see Wolverine tearing the Broodling a new ‘A’Hole in a fairly epic fight…

I mean, Wolverine is basically a little Regenerating / Melee ‘Scrapper-Tank’…. Also, Wolverine’s FASERIP Specs are about 2 to 3 Ranks over the Broodling straight down the board….

The only advantages I see for the Broodling is his Bio-Vampirism and Flight….

- Broodling’s EX:20 ‘Armor’ is fairly much useless to Wolverine’s Attacks since he can cut through MN:75 stuff…
- Broodling’s Claws and Teeth at EX:20 may put a few little scratches on Wolverine, but nothing very serious…

Basically, with the Bio-Vampirism I see Broodling grabbing Wolverine and draining his Life (HP)…… That’ll do about 5 to 10 HP damage to Wolverine every game round, but Wolverine will Regenerate that back equally as fast, even if the Bio-Vampirism attack is cumulatively calculated with Broodling’s Claws and Teeth…. Thus, that draining damage is nullified…… This attack becomes a Salesman trying to squeeze blood from a rock…

As well, I’d say Wolverine’s Regen would treat the effects of the Bio-Vampirism as a ‘Cancer’ and push the infected cells out of Wolverine’s body….. Basically, Wolverine would not become a ‘Drone’….

However, as the Broodling drains Wolverine’s HP those drained points are going to Broodling’s Strength and Endurance...
(Allowing Broodling to achieve VI:55 Strength / SP:45 Endurance / and 50 Extra Health)…. But the Broodling has to maintain his grip and hold on Wolverine for a few Game Rounds (2 to 5 Game Rounds or 10 to 30 Seconds)…..

That’s where I see Wolverine stabbing the Broodling repeatedly and scoring some critical and crippling hits all amongst the Broodling’s head and chest…. Maybe even loping-off an Arm or Leg…. Wolverine wouldn’t use a ‘Strength’ FEAT to escape a clinched ‘Hold’…. Wolverine would basically weasel his fists into Broodling torso and eject / retract the Claws repeatedly until his enemy lets go……

The Broodling’s flight is an obvious advantage over Wolverine… I mean Wolverine is fairly much stuck to the ground with some Jumping and Lunging, but nothing that can match Broodling’s Flight…..

So it would make a ‘Good’ and entraining fight scenario…. But ultimately Wolverine would win in a 1-on-1 Melee Brawl….. And given with Broodling’s RIP Ranks and Personality, He’s GONNA BRAWL…..

With a Red-Neck Voice…. This fight ain’t gonna be ‘Technical’ with ‘Maneuvers’ and ‘Planned-Out’ Assaults and all that stupid CRAP….. Naaawwwww Mang…. This fight gonna be a friggen slinging snot, n blood, n spit, n more blood…. And furniture and appliances gonna be broken over someone’s nugget….. Cloths gonna get tore-up…. About 1000 Beer Bottles will be used as weapons…. Someone will get tossed though a window…. A car in the parking lot gonna get a flat-tire….. Gonna lose your Cell Phone and spill your Trash-Can Kool-Aid….

So, yea it’s gonna be a BRAWL…..

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
TANKERACE

Tanker's MSH Characters
Expanded MSH Table

MOTÖRHEAD
January 03, 2010 11:31AM
As far as a separate homebrew VS. thread, if you're going to have fights against Marvel, DC etc then just keep it all in the Battle Royale thread we already have. I could say the same thing if it's strictly homebrew vs. homebrew but know I'll get arguments about it.

January 03, 2010 02:48PM
I'd say alot really depends on the stroy-context the battle take space in, as well as what is and is not in in-charactr for a certain character.

Thus, if Flaming Fox is presumed to be intitiating the conflict, with full knowledge of what he is up against, it gives him a considerable advantage not necessarily reflected in the stats alone. Likewise would the FF have such an advantage if THEY were the one's initiaiting the conflcit with full knoweldge of what they were up against.

If we presume that the FF and Flaming Fox just bumped into each while strolling the city one fine day and had no sense of one another, that would have an enormous impact on the stratedgies discussed to date.

Stat and powerwise, Flaming Fox appears to be more than a match for any ONE of the FF; but would probably lose in a 4 on 1 all out mindless brawl. But Flaming Fox appears to be powerful enough that, if he played his cards right, he could manage a defeat of the FF. A simple divide and conquor stratedgy being the most evident tactic.

Regarding the Broodling vs. Wolverine ...

While I agree with Tanker that this one would be very ugly, fairly straight up nastiness, without alot of finese, it also depends alot on story context and whats in-character. In the case of both Wolvie and the Broodling, both are hunters. Don't let the Broodling's low Reason fool you. Wolves and all kinds of other successful predators have a low Reason too. So, cunning at least will coming into play.

IF the Broodling knows he is going into a battle, perhaps because ordered by the Brood-Queen, or perhpas because something just attacked it and its instincts have thus wanred it of danger, it is at the very least going to "charge up" with it's bio-vampirism before going into battle/just to be on the safe side. It might even create a few drones, depending. It's not likely to use it's biovampirism vs. a rival predator. And if hard pressed it will retreat, refuel/reinforce, and then press on as fanatically as an insect; so Tanker's assessment on the advantage Broodling's flight gives it is spot on.

But thos big IFs make a profound difference one again. Maybe Wolvie got wind of where the Broodling was being held and decided he wanted to kill. Or maybe he simply picked up it's scent follwoing it's escape, and since it reeked of Brood, decided to trail it. If that's the context the battle is going to take place in, Wolvie stands a good chance of catching up to it, observing it, and then attacking it when its guard is down. In which case he is probably god to put a BIG hurtin on ugly ol' Broodling.

I suppose that is the thing with any good match-up ... the importance of the IFs loom all the larger.

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

January 03, 2010 08:42PM
PowerSurge's Match-Up

Weapon Alpha -=VS=- PowerSurge

There are two different versions of Weapon Alpha, so I went with Version 1; Where James Hudson is wearing a cybernetic armored suit, rather than the suit being a symbiotic part of his entire body…

This Battle Royal is an extremely close match up and the Battle would take some time….. I’d see 3 major fight scenarios taking place over the course of an hour, maybe even longer with no ‘Hands-Down’ victor….

Scenario 1:

This would be an Aerial battle as these two guys would take to the air and be ‘Dog-Fighting’ like Ace Fighter Pilots…….

Or on a smaller scale….

A Red-Wasp -=VS=- A Yellow-Hornet

Weapon Alpha would have a major advantage in the Aerial ‘Dog-Fight’ since he has SX:150 Flight Speed with at least IN:40 Aerobatic Skill…..

But, while PowerSurge is stuck with only RM:30 Fight Speed, his Aerobatic Skill is also IN:40 due to Talents and some upshifting with Aerial Agility…..

Also, PowerSurge has the more powerful weaponry at his disposal……
MN:75 ‘Side-Winders’ / ‘Gatlon-Guns’ / ‘Missals’ / ‘Particle Beam Cannon’….. (Just various energy Blasting Patterns) and Weapon Alpha’s on-board weaponry is only at IN:40 Caliber….

Thus this ‘Dog-Fight’ can also be described as….

A-10 ‘Thunder Bolt’ -=VS=- F-18 ‘Hornet’

Basically, this is how these two guys would Lock-Horns and ‘FIGHT’….

Weapon Alpha would fly into engagement range, trade some shots with PowerSurge and then fly outta range…. ‘Hit-n-Run’

Since both of their ‘Armor-Sets’ are almost identical at AM:50, Weapon Alpha would take a little bit more brunt of the Damage…. Then fly outta range, recover, and try to engage into combat again….

Eventually, after about 2 or 3 hours of ‘Hit-n-Run’ / ‘Touch-n-Go’ Grab-Assing they both would figure that an Aerial Battle is a futile stalemate and take the Fight to the Ground……

(This is a ‘Battle-Royal’… ain’t no calling it quits and flying away permanently…. Someone gonna get KTFO and that’s when the fight stops)

Scenario 2:

Once these two guys hit the deck the Battle is gonna be ‘Cow-Boy’ gun-slinging with Funky Energy Beams for a little while…

PowerSurge will have the advantage of larger caliber weaponry (MN:75) and ‘Re-Active’ Armor (AM:50)….

But Weapon Alpha has the better Targeting CPU and higher Defensive Skills with a base of IN:40 ‘Agility’ and his ability to Teleport and Fly at roughly UN:100…..

Basically, PowerSurge will be Blasting 16-inch Deck Cannons, but mostly missing the Jack-Rabbit…. While Weapon Alpha fires off his Gatlon-Guns that barely fazes an Armored ‘Tank’….

Eventually, the two will probably move into Melee Range (1 to 3 Areas Away from each other) and start throwing energized blows….

It’ll be Weapon Alpha running circles around PowerSurge… But whole time Weapon Alpha is trying to figure out how to land some damage an anchored anvil….

Weapon Alpha will start receiving some ‘Serious’ Damage from PowerSurge in Melee Combat…. Thus, the battle reverts back to ‘Hit-n-Run’ tactics…..

Scenario 3:

After a full day of slinging and deflecting energy attacks at each other and not making any progress… The battle will go into ‘Situation-Role-Play-Mode’ where they basically have to get involved into a ‘Story’ and catch the other with his ‘Pants-Down’….

But since it’s a ‘Battle-Royal’ I say PowerSurge would eventually ‘WIN’ in a straight-up fight…..

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
TANKERACE

Tanker's MSH Characters
Expanded MSH Table

MOTÖRHEAD
January 04, 2010 10:38AM
The idea is fine, except for the number of Dice Jesuses that I expect would start to post...
January 04, 2010 11:04AM
Vrykolas2k Wrote:
> The idea is fine, except for the number of Dice
> Jesuses that I expect would start to post...

Dice Jesuses?

January 04, 2010 11:47AM
Nice analysis once agains, Tanker! Tanks!

A couple of points though; the Weapon Alpha battlesuit, while capable of aligning with the rotation of the Earth and produding Shif tX speeds, shouldn't really be able to do that in a way that is particularly advatangeous in battle. I once had Heather perform that stunt against Superman. Fortunately for her, she missed, but that momentary "thrust" carried her so far out of combat it was several turns before she ever made it back! lol

As it stands I would still give the suit at least In Flight speed, which still trumps PS's and is a fairly sizeable advantage if James can get the distance and timing down.

Mac would also have another advantage, thugh this one hinges in one of PS's powers. Namely his energy sheathe, which doesn't protect against physical/force attacks ... including energy attacks that deal force damage. He still has his Ex crash-armour, but Mac does have the capacity to inflict damage with his ranged attacks.

If the two went HTH then Mac would have a big advantage, as his force field protects him against any physical attack PS could dish out. PS wouldn't want to go toe-to-toe with him in a fist-fight.

Anyway, good analysis.

I like it when people say I would win!

January 04, 2010 06:43PM
A few questions on the

Weapon Alpha -=VS=- PowerSurge

I’m not very familiar with the two Characters and their Specs…..

Is W-Alpha’s Flight only provided by his ‘Graviton / Teleportation’…..???? confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley

I thought W-Alpha had regular Supa-Man Flight….. The sorta Flight you can Engage an Enemy with….

If W-Alpha’s Flight is a by-product of his Teleportation then that sux for W-Alpha….. I didn’t even consider his ‘TP’ as a ‘Combat’ or ‘Fighting’ Power….

I mean, he can only move West????

In a ‘Fight’ you gotta move all over the place or just hold your fuggen ground…….

If so…. W-Alpha’s Flight is just a “Get me the-Hell-Outta-Here” Power….

Hit the eject button
Pull the Plug
Abort the Mission
Abandon Ship
WTF!!!!????
When in the hell did the maintenance crew install ‘Coward Button’ in my Command Center!!!!

And yup, I re-glanced at PowerSurge’s Armored Sheath….

AM:50 Armor to Energy only…… but it’s still ‘Re-Active’ and would provide at least EX:20 Armor to other types of conventional attacks……. Even possibly providing GD:10 ‘True Invul’ to ALL and ANY attacks… Combine that with his Attire Armor and PowerSurge pretty much has RM:30 Armor over-all….

I ought to know…. M1-A1 Army Tanks with explosive ‘Re-Active’ Armor nearly Quadruple their over-all ‘Armor’ capabilities……

Basically, 1 ‘Re-Active’ Armor Tank -=VS=- 4 to 7 Normal Tanks is considered a ‘Fair’ Fight…

Anyway: Those details really change the Battle, making the Fight take longer with more tactical maneuvering….

I still say PowerSurge would WIN, but it takes more effort on his behalf…. PowerSurge simply has the more Powerful ‘Cannons’ and Weaponry at MN:75… Plus the self-detonation at SY:200….

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
TANKERACE

Tanker's MSH Characters
Expanded MSH Table

MOTÖRHEAD
January 05, 2010 06:54AM
Punstarr Wrote:
> Vrykolas2k Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The idea is fine, except for the number of Dice
> > Jesuses that I expect would start to post...
>
> Dice Jesuses?

People who routinely manage to roll up improbably high stats and powers, as if by miracle... far more common on the 'net than in real life, I might add.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 37
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.