Light Generation / manipulation: Monstrous - Unearthly
Powerstunts:
forcefields,
weapons,
ladders, etc.) out of "solid light",
dazzling bursts of light
focused bursts of photons
Flight: Incredible
Beyond this sizeable array of powers, the Morningstar synthoid also has the ability to fly, and is capable
of reaching speeds of up to 300 mph.

Does this about sum up morningstars abilities? This is as about as close as I can get with the information on hand

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2010 12:45AM by Fangs.
Re: Official homebrew Versus Thread
January 13, 2010 12:53AM
Ray-Zin would probably hang with the likes of Iron Man and War Machine.
January 13, 2010 07:00AM
Fangs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ray-Zin would probably hang with the likes of Iron
> Man and War Machine.

From what I've read, Ray-Zin's tech is way more advanced than anything Tony could ever hope to design. As Tanker Ace might say, "that armor is fuggen tough"! My character Streak would straight out get hammered by it's capabilities, for example. Unless I'm taking it wrong, the axe does Shift Y 200 damage and can ignore up to 350 armor/body resistance in one massive hit. It'd take someone like Superman with actual True Invulnerability to tangle with that ultimate mecha suit, and even then, I'd put my money on Ray-Zin for the win. This is a guy that folks like the old Avengers or the JLA would need to team up to have a prayer of taking him down... and even then only after heavy casualties. I don't know, would Ray-Zin fight heroes with lethal force?

January 13, 2010 07:01AM
Fangs Wrote:
> I could not find morning stars stats could you
> post them pls.
>
> Let's say that the contest takes place on terra
> firma. Earth proper. Anyone out there that would
> want to run the battle?

I wouldn't mind seeing how Force would do in that scenario.

Maybe if we just made it Flaming Fox, Powersurge and Force?

January 13, 2010 10:37AM
Morningstar's stat's can be found in the following thread, about halfway down the first page ....

[www.classicmarvelforever.com]

For conveneince sake ...

Fighting - Excellent
Agility - Remarkable
Strength - Incredible
Endurance - Monstrous
Reason - Good
Intuition - Good
Psyche - Poor

Health: 141
Popularity : 25
Resources: Good

Known Powers

1) Body Resistence: Morningstar possess Excellent (16) resistence to force-based attacks, Typical (6) resistence to energy attacks, and Remarkable resistence to both heat/fire and cold. Furthermore, his eyes are capable of instanteously screening out Amazing (46) degrees of light, and he has Unearthly (88) resistence to all poisons/toxins, virus', radiation, and disease.
2) Starlight Vision: Morningstar's eyes are capable of amplifiying existing light, providing him with Good (8) nightvision.
3) True Flight: Morningstar can fly at up to Incredible (36) speeds, which is 300 mph or 20 areas/round.
4) Solar Energy Absorption (full Light spectrum): Morningstar is capable of absorbing Unearthly (88) amounts of sunlight. The points so absorbed can be used to instantaneously heal all forms of damage, including that suffered via starvation, dehydration, or suffocation, or to bolster either his Strength or Light Generation/Manipulation powers, or some combuiantion of the aforementioned. On a clear day, while near-naked or clothed in his specially designed custom, Morningstar can absorb up to 1 point every 3 rounds. This rate can vary quite considerably based upon a number of factors but can never exceeed the power rank, ie. Unearthly, per round.
5) Light Generation/Manipulation: Morningstar is capable of both generating and controlling light with Amazing (46) ability. Thus far he has learned the following stunts ...
- generate light of up to Amazing brilliance
- darken/intensify existing light with Amazing ability
- fire a Photon Blast that strikes with Amazing force
- shape various objects of solid light that have up to Amazing material strength, and which last for a number of rounds equal to the power rank points invested once he has shifted his attention away from them. The rank of such unattended to constructs dwindle correspondingly. He can always return and renew such energy constructs before they expire, and can form and sustain up to 3 objects on a power rank role vs. Amazing intensity, or 2 at a power rank role vs. Rm intensity.

Talents
Law Enforcement

Powersurge (stats, pics, history) [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

Morningstar (specs, pics, campaign jouranl) [www.alphaflight.net])

Protectors Limited Series [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1
January 13, 2010 11:21AM
I don't know that it would take a supes type character to take him out.

I am fairly confident that maybe Flaming Fox might have a good chance.

I mean get small enough to get by the defenses and flaming fox could effectively render the mecha inopperable. With that said I would have to have a closer look at the powers.

But let's say that either party didn't have any knowledge of the others capabilities.

Flaming fox could not exist in a vacuumm thus the confrontation would have to take place planet side.
Tactics Fox would use against this opponent would be to shrink down to size then attempt contact with some part of the machine if unable to make direct contact with the pilot.

Failing this he would look for any parts that would not be as strong material wise on the mecha and shrink them to try and disable particular parts or find a way in.

Once inside then he would start shrinking internal components to shut the mecha down.

If would then come down to making his way into the cockpit to make direct contact with the pilot..
January 13, 2010 04:13PM
Ok then, I submit that the robot is going to be a problem to breach its defenses.
January 13, 2010 05:49PM
To Fangs and Punstarr:

Punstarr fairly much nailed Ray-Zin’s concept square…. smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley the finger smiley

The BASH Mecha-Robot was designed and built by a group of ‘Tony Stark’ level engineers.… Like 40 to 50 of these super genius guys come together to build stuff…

In the Time Frame (2500 to 3000 AD Earth) and the World Setting, these Mecha-Robots come off an assembly line just like any other Motor-Cycle, Car, Truck, Boat, Tank, or Aircraft…..

For the most part, these ‘Mech-Robots’ have totally replaced the common automobile, and simultaneously support the 2nd Amendment (The Right to Bare Arms)…… The Average Citizen (even poor) in our Game Setting would be able to have an ‘Iron-Man’ type suit that he can fully maintain…. Just like we can maintain any other Automobile today….

But how deep are your pockets???… Do you have Toyota Corolla Money or Lamborghini Money…
By comparison, The BASH Mech-Robot would be a modern day M1-A1 Tank….

As well, in our Game Setting the World is very Barbaric as Humanity has been to World War 3, 4, and 5…… Which gave rise to the N.E.G. (New Earth Government) and globally humanity finally put aside their differences…

But that’s only because 3 hostile Alien Species have declared War on Earth as well. Since these 3 hostile Alien Species can Terraform Venus, Earth, Mars, and the Asteroid Belt into inhabitable planets for themselves; Humans, and their damn ‘Super-Heroes’ are in the ‘effing’ way of their progress…

Anyway… Advances in Science, Technology, and even ‘Magic’ has pretty much given every human on Earth some sort of ‘Powers’ on our Game Table….

The best way to ‘Think’ about BASH as a playable Table Character would be similar to Optimus Prime from the two ‘Transformers’ Movies…

Somewhat, personality wise too, with a lil-bit of ‘Wolverine’ mixed in….. But BASH can't Transform into 'Petie'... Well, he can Fly like a Jet..

Yea........ BASH can pretty much tango with Optimus Prime in a slug-fest…… Just straight-up, a 25-foot-tall Mecha-Bot flipping and tumbling around nailing perfect bulls-eyes in mid summersault while clobbering heads with enough force to turn ‘um inside out…..

Anyway… Like Fangs sez, the concept behind BASH is to get ‘Small’ and plant a ‘Virus’ on a target WAY larger…… Like a tiny-little hornet, BASH will land on an Enemy Star-Ship that is the size of Texas and burrow his way inside to tear-up the Star-Ship from the inside-out.

That’s pretty much the only way Flaming Fox could put some hurt the BASH Mecha-Bot…. But remember, BASH also has Nano-Tech too…. BASH (Ray-Zin) could have his Nano-Tech function like white-blood cells to fight off microscopic ‘infections’…

To Punstarr… His Axe does basically does this…

- Rapid Flurry Hits over 4 attacks… AM:50 Damage / Pierce UN:125.... Normally pulverizes a Area Grid (10 Feet X 10 Feet X 10 Feet)
- Double hit Combo (Common 2 hit Strikes ‘off the hip’)… UN:100 Damage / Pierce SZ:350.
- Single Power House Hits… SY:200 Damage / Pierce SZ:500.

Basically use it like an Axe or Base-Ball-Bat… Or Shoot some missals from it…. Or a launch a wide arched ‘Slice’ Force Beam from it….

Anyway… BASH is a total ‘Munchkin’ type Character, fairly much capable of single handedly crushing a Galaxy Class Star-Ship from Star-Trek or Star-Wars….

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
TANKERACE

Tanker's MSH Characters
Expanded MSH Table

MOTÖRHEAD
January 13, 2010 07:16PM
Concerning Morning star. The one weakness would be Psyche.
Hypnotic sound would be the way in to win against him.

Which is why I think that Flaming Fox would stand a good chance against the trio of powersurge, force and Morning star.

I will endeavour to put forward a scenario a little later on.

Flaming fox although quite physical does not tend to go toe to toe fist-i-cuffs.

Battle tactics usually tend to go along the lines of maintain distance, distract, close to touch then finish the opponent with either shrinking or health drain. If physical blows are needed this is normally done as a combined attach.
Ie: strength damage from punching and health drain. Both occur apon impact.

Edited at 9pm
From an initiative point of view
It would be in the following order
1 Powersurge
2 Flaming Fox
3 Morningstar
4 Force

We will make the assumption that the FF and P-MS-F enter from opposite sides of the city area
For the Purpose of this exercise lets have the total combat zone as 30 areas X 30 areas.

I have included a very basic city scape lay out for this purpose with grid references

In this combat zone I believe that Flaming Fox stands a very good chance of succeeding in this combat.

If it was open area then this would make things more difficult for Flaming Fox.
What does everyone else think.

Also if anyone else wants to make use of this image for combat scenarios then please feel free to do so.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2010 12:54AM by Fangs.
Attachments:
open | download - BASIC-CITY-SCAPE.GIF (27.2 KB)
January 14, 2010 05:19AM
Punstarr offered a good ‘Battle-Royal’

Flaming Fox -=VS=- Powersurge -=VS=- Force

I’m curious if this is considered as a ‘Last Man Standing Battle’ or a ‘Handicap Match’….?????

Given with the info provided, I’d say it’s a ‘Handicap Match’

Flaming Fox -=VS=- Powersurge and Force

Honestly, Flaming Fox is a fairly high level and very versatile Character… Pretty much on par with Nimrod, Annihilus, Aphrodite, AirStrike, Apocalypse, Attuma… etc… He may even be strong enough to battle guys like Green Lantern, Jugga-Not, Hulk, Blastar, Flash, Super ‘Boy’ and similar Characters who are sorta in-between those levels…

Flaming Fox is WELL over X-Men Level Stuff, but not into the Cosmic Realm…. Just sorta borderline on it….

Not trying to be offensive or rude to you Fangs, but Flaming Fox’s Write-Up is difficult to read, and most of his Power Stunts are repeated…

What I gather from the Write up is he is basically a ‘Human’ level personality inside the body of a Lower Level Celestial God; Given his high-end FASE Ranks and HP; but his ‘Normal Human’ RIP Ranks and KP…

Mmeeehhh…... Why be smart when you don’t haffta be…. But Flaming Fox seems like he should have much higher RIP Ranks, or much lower FASE Ranks….. He’s simply not very balanced on the HP / KP part….

Unless Flaming Fox is using the full extent of his ‘Power Sets’ to permanently augment his FASE Ranks…. But that can be turned ‘OFF’ to reveal the true FASE Ranks…..

Flaming Fox’s Power Sets are so diverse that he doesn’t really fit an Archetype or ‘Concept’…..

I mean, is Flaming Fox a Sonic Blaster / a Flame Blaster / a Necromancy Wizard / Some sort of Cosmic Manipulation Ghost Guy…. ????

confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley

I mean, I gather he’s an Extra-Terrestrial Alien from another Planet…. But he’s really ‘Mixed-Up’ concept-wise….

Flaming Fox’s Power Sets consist of…..

- Sonic / Sound Generation and Manipulation at AM:50…
+ This is a fairly Nasty Power, but mostly it’s very versatile and can be used in One-Million ’n’ One ways.
+ He’d probably also have some types of ‘Sonic’ and Sound Wave ‘Armor’…. But maybe not….
+ Basically he uses Sonic Energy as Kinetic ‘Force’ Bolts for Range Blasts and Explosive Area Attacks.
+ He can also ‘Charge-Up’ a Sonic Blast that hits with [+3CS] Damage to reach SV:65… (SX:150 on Classic Table)
+ Hypnotic ‘Stunning’ and Character Manipulation Actions.
+ Create a Sonic ‘Bubble’ Shield or ‘Hamster Ball’ of AM:50 to act as ‘Armor’ against attacks from any angle.
+ Create a Sonic ‘Battle’ Shield of AS:80 combined with SV:65 Strength. He can ‘Block’ TR:85 Attacks with this.
+ Create a Radar of AM:50… Basically his Intuition Operates at AM:50 with all 5 Senses while this is ‘ON’.
+ Range: 1000 Feet (With Areas on Classic Table) Or a ‘Scatter’ Shot able to effect a 5 Area Grid.

- Fire Generation and Manipulation at SP:45….. (IN:40 [+1CS] on the Classic Table)
+ Again, this is a Nasty Power, but mostly it’s very versatile and can be used in One-Million ’n’ One ways.
+ Basically he has an SP:45 Flame Thrower, with Precise ‘Missals’ and a ‘Scatter’ Shot ability.
+ May create general Body Armor of EX:20…… (You Forgot ‘Fire’ and ‘Heat’ Armor of at least SP:45)
+ May also take create ‘Re-Active’ Fire Armor of EX:20 Damage.
+ May create Hot and Bright illusions with Fire and Light at EX:20 acuity on a Psyche FEAT.
+ Range: 900 Feet (With Areas on Classic Table) Or a ‘Scatter’ Shot able to incinerate a 4 to 5 Area Grid.

- Molecular ‘Size’ Manipulation and ‘Shrinking’ at VI:55….. (AM:50 [+1CS] on the Classic Table)
+ Basically allowing him to ‘Shrink’ a Human Size Figure to about the size of a Fire-Ant at 1/400th Scale…
+ Since his Power Output is not scaled down during a ‘Shrink’ he can basically become nearly impossible ‘To-Hit’
+ May take advantage of Conventional Stealth / Invisibility and gains at least a [-9CS] Bonus to NOT get ‘Hit’
+ He can shrink to the size of an Ant; Your Opponent needs at least MN:75 Fighting or Agility for a successful ‘Hit’
+ May conduct the ‘Shrieking’ through virtually any solid mass at a Range of 5 areas (100 Feet on Classic Areas)
+ May ‘Shrink’ individual components or inflict ‘Lethal’ Damage of VI:55 Impact per Game Round of Shrinking.
+ May effect Mass and Objects of VI:55 Grade Durability or less.
+ May effect up to roughly 50-Tons of Mass if based from a ‘Strength’ Chart.
+ Range: Melee Only.

- Health / Endro / Life Drain at SV:65… (MN:75 [-1CS] on the Classic Table… Basically AM:50)
+ While only a Melee Power, It pretty much allows him ‘on the spot’ Regeneration and a ‘Punch’ of SV:65 Damage.
+ Combined with a standard Tackle or just about any Melee Attack he can inflict UN:100 to GL:125 Damage.
+ He may ‘Reverse’ this Power with the same effect to give another Character ‘on the spot’ Regeneration.

- Necromancy ‘Magic’ to speak with the Dead or the Creatures of the Spectral Realm at FR:70.
+ Treat as ‘Cosmic Awareness’ to gather Emotional, Historical, and Reconnaissance information.
+ Melee Only; Once ‘Scanned’ he can take a [+1, +2, or +3CS] Bonus to all RIP FEATS involving Reconnaissance.

- Psychometry
+ Treat as ‘Weakness Detection’ and ‘Biological Scanning’ to retrieve medical information on other Characters.
+ Melee Only; Once ‘Scanned’ he can take a [+1, +2, or +3CS] Bonus to all FEATS or exploit a weakness.

- True Flight and Levitation at IN:40 Provided by both Sonic and Flame Generation Powers.
+ Basically he can Fly around only in an ‘Air’ or ‘Water’ atmosphere at roughly 400 to 600 MPH.. Close to Mach 1
+ Why even list the ‘Fire’ Flight at EX:20, unless he can only ‘Levitate’ via Fire and Fly at Speed with Sonics.

Looking at the other two Characters, Powersurge and Force….

Even teamed up against Flaming Fox, it’s looks fairly grim for the two-man-duo… And while all 3 Characters will be extremely tactical and use every conceivable advantage they can think of; A ‘Battle’ always goes to the Floor and at some point Melee combat ‘WILL’ become a factor….. (Both in Reality and in Gaming)

Trust me on the ‘Melee’ stuff… I served in the Army with an M1-A1 Tank; It’s Combat Range is 1-Mile (5280 Feet or 1.6 Klicks for our Canadians)… Meaning you ‘Fight’ at about 1000 to 5000 feet away….. Any closer and your Tank is swapping spit with the enemy ‘Wrestling’ and making ‘Love’…

Despite all sorts of ‘Range’ Gunnery Combat crap…. At some point you ALWAYS end-up ‘Ramming’ another Tank and taking enemy hostages at Point-Blank 9MM-Pistol Range….

To be honest… I see Force getting KTFO first… I’m talking about 3 to 5 Game Rounds of battle…. Sorry Punstarr, your Character simply can’t compete with Flaming Fox….

I mean, Force can Run around and Maneuver and generally avoid Flaming Fox, but he can’t land enough damage to make a difference to Flaming Fox…. I mean, Flaming Fox is basically AM:50 to MN:75 straight down the page…

Force has to ‘Nail’ Flaming Fox with multiple Yellows and REDS to get a Health Point ‘TKO’….
Flaming Fox has to hit Force like once, maybe twice…. BOOM!!! And Force is so close to KTFO it might as well be TKO..

On the other hand,

PowerSurge has weaponry at MN:75 that can put some ‘Hurt’ on Flaming Fox… But again there’s just not enough HP / KP or ‘Armor’ between the two….

Flaming Fox would eventually catch PowerSurge on a low FEAT ROLL and it’s over….

Now Add Morning Star into mix and Flaming Fox will have a fair-fight sitting in his lap…. But even still, all 3 members; Force, Surge, and Star are gonna haffta work like a Well Trained Football Team to take out Flaming Fox….

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
TANKERACE

Tanker's MSH Characters
Expanded MSH Table

MOTÖRHEAD
January 14, 2010 09:52AM
Working like a well oiled team is part of what Powersurge does .... being something of Canada's version of Cap or Cyke in terms tactical leadership.

The fact is that Flaming Fox will have three attacks coming his way for every one he's pushing out, and must keep track of three different targets, while the team has one target to track. Morningstar alone could end things fairly quick, between his ability to bend light, ie. invisibility, and create constructs of solid light.

One hero, probably Force, acts as bait with his armour intitially bolstered by an transparent field of Amazing light, while PS and Mstar "Hide" nearby.

Once Flaming Fox reveals himself by attacking Force, PS springs into action ... taking to the air and getting Fox's attention. Meanwhile Mstar, still cloaked in invisibility, zeros in on Fox, proceeds to pump a fair does of his floating points into his light manipulation (he always starts with a full Un:88 battery), and wraps the distracted Fox in an Unearthly air-tight bubble of light, effectively TKOing Fox.

The Hypnotic sound would theoretically be quite effective against Mstar, but of course Psyche is not something that is all that evident, so it's not really a tactic that could be banked on without in-character foreknowledge. Not saying that FF wouldn't use it by any means, only that he would use it as in any situation and not with the knowledge that Mstar is especially vulnerable to such an attack.

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

January 14, 2010 10:10AM
Powersurge Wrote:

> The fact is that Flaming Fox will have three
> attacks coming his way for every one he's pushing
> out, and must keep track of three different
> targets, while the team has one target to track.
> Morningstar alone could end things fairly quick,
> between his ability to bend light, ie.
> invisibility, and create constructs of solid
> light.

Invisibility isn't as huge a tactical advantage against FF though, given he can potentially use his powers to locate invisible beings (at least using the Physics-based variety as Morningstar does). Plus no power stunts for Microscopic Vision from the light-manipulation to view small objects to locate him while he's shrunken. There are tactics for dealing with that but I don't see FF going down that easily if it was just a FF Vs MS batter.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
January 14, 2010 10:47AM
A bit of background on the creation and ideas that is flaming fox.
The alien was randomly generatedn powerwise.
So I needed to come up with a concept to fit.

I started with a fruit bat (also known as flying foxes in Australia) template and evolved the creature into humaniod form.
Thus the sound generation and the healthdrain abilities.

But during creation I realised that I wanted the character to also have some scouting / recon abilities to be able toget about unnoticed and to be able to hide if need be.
Thus the shrinking. The Fire generation allowed the character a secondary mode of attack should the sound attacks fail.

The interesting thing is that his powers are either touch based or need a medium to work.

Sound and fire don't work in a vacuum. Shrinking and healthdrain are touch based limited.

So essentially the character is a humaniod evloved from fruit bats with mutated genes as the majority of his race don't have these powers. Like the earth mutants but off world.

The funny thing is that this character is the weakest in the team that it is apart of.
January 14, 2010 01:55PM
Flaming Fox's Hypnotic Resonance is his trump card against Morningstar; as Fangs rightly observed. Everything else but lacking that would merely prolong Morningstar's inevitable victory, IMO.

But I still don't see him taking out a battle ready Powersurge, Morningstar, and Force.

"Microscopic" is fine, very stealthy, but if you attack, you're still revealing both your prescence and general position. And even if that attack takes out one, which it probably won't, it will be answered with a retaliation from the other two. And speaking at least for Powersurge, he'd been attacking the general area. Given his players habits, Morningstar might flash, depending on his teammates, and then try to catch the source of an attack in a bubble of solide light ... and then begin to shrink it. I would have him create a silouhette effect as well, but thats just me. winking smiley

And even though the trio have never drilled together, Powersurge has has fought alongside Morningstar on a couple of occassions, and beyond that he is just good at "reading" a battlefield and positioning himself in relation to the other "pieces on the board"; no matter whether they (his team-mates) are following his lead or not.

Three on one simply isn't a good proposition for anyone unless there is a dramatic disparity in power levels, such as the Silver Surfer vs. the Fantastic Four or X-Men. While Flaming Fox is probably the most powerful of the four characters, in regards to stats, power ranks, and both number and nature of powers, none of his stats exceed the best stats of those he's facing. He's a half step above them (argueably, ie. Morningstar), and a half step below guys like Thor, the Surfer, etc.

Speaking of the Surfer ... what about Flaming Fox, Powersurge, Morningstar and Force vs. the Silver Surfer! lol

To make it fair to us homebrew, let's say that Morningstar has a new S.A.H. (solar amplification harness) which gives him a floating 60 points of energy per round ... and it's a bright sunny day.

January 14, 2010 02:43PM
Flaming Fox, Powersurge, Morningstar and Force -=VS=- Silver Surfer

grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley
BWAH, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA!!!!
grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

Maybe use a Tack-E-On Pulse like the 4 did in the Movie…..
PPPHHFFFFFFFFTTTTTT!!!! Like that’s gonna happen on a Table-Top Game….

The only hope you guys got against Silver Surfer is he’s such a ‘Softy-Cakes’ and won’t use his awesome powers to ‘Kill’ or ‘Maim’………… Directly…….

I mean, He’ll prep your Planet for Galactus….

(Funny how the ‘Accessory’ to Planet Genocide is not applicable to the Herald)…..

When I was arrested for assault and battery my damn dog was put to ‘Sleep’…. It’s not fair, I gotta re-train an attack-dog once I get outta Jail…

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
TANKERACE

Tanker's MSH Characters
Expanded MSH Table

MOTÖRHEAD
January 14, 2010 02:50PM
Force sees the Surfer a' comin' and hightails it outta there. :-p

January 14, 2010 02:52PM
How about Flaming Fox, Powersurge, Morningstar and Force vs the X-Men instead?

January 14, 2010 04:08PM
What line up of X-Men? smiling smiley

January 14, 2010 04:17PM
Say Cyclops, Emma, Colossus, Wolverine, Iceman and Nightcrawler.

January 14, 2010 04:53PM
Say Cyclops, Emma, Colossus, Wolverine, Iceman and Nightcrawler.

cyclops goes down first followed by iceman -
Woverrine we take as hostage and use him as a health bank to keep the fight going. Emma and Nightcrawler will be more difficult.
January 14, 2010 05:13PM
Fangs Wrote:
> Say Cyclops, Emma, Colossus, Wolverine, Iceman and
> Nightcrawler.
>
> cyclops goes down first followed by iceman -
> Woverrine we take as hostage and use him as a
> health bank to keep the fight going. Emma and
> Nightcrawler will be more difficult.

I don't see Wolverine that easy a hostage to take, or his being left available to use as a source of infinite Health via Health Transferal via FF's Health Drain Touch. Iceman's also had a fair amount of power up since his inception and has developed some creative uses of his powers that don't make him that easy to take out either. Tactically you'd want to eliminate Emma first so she can't use her telepathy to read your battle plans and help form a group mind link for improved tactical planning. Wolverine's a close second since he's on the lethal end and doesn't have problems with going for the kill attacks on opponents.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
January 14, 2010 06:09PM
Punstarr Wrote:
>
> Say Cyclops, Emma, Colossus, Wolverine, Iceman and
> Nightcrawler.
>

Emma has to go immmediately.

After that ...

Powersurge's base as a combat tactician was provided courtesy of the X-Men. He knows Cyke, Colossus, Wolverine and Nightcrawler very well. He knows their attack patterns and battle habits. And he is well aware of Iceman's capabilities, and he has a casual awarenss of Emma as well, ie. she is a psionic and a member of the Hellfire Club (lol).

So, Powersurge is grounded in the same background as Scott, BUT PS also was trained by the best the U.N. had to offer. It's like having the opposing teams playbook. Scott would no doubt be aware of that, but it's a fairly big advantage in terms of raw tactial leadership.

This however might well be countered by the great familiarity the core X-Men have working as a team. That's what the X-Men always had over the Avengers or FF. They were the team that epitomized teamwork. So, being forced to act on the fly against a group that, presumably, has just been shoehorned together and sent into combat all in the space of an hour, might not be so much of a disadvatnage for them. They act together, innately, the same way Powersurge makes order out of a chaotic battle scene. Unfortunately, his team will be chaotic, and his own playbook will go out the window.

X-Men act on the fly, better than Powersurge's team acts on the fly.

But, presuming we take out Emma quick and easy, will the X-Men's teamwork be enough?

First presumptions ...

Presuming we are aware of Frost going into it, or alternately, just all bump into each other as we turn the corner of sumfin, Powersurge is going to make the threat Emma poses known. So, with that target painted on her, I don't see taking her down as being much of a problem. Powersurge would be willing to take a hit to take her down, but what does he really have to fear other than (Emma) Cyke's optic blast and a fastball special? Bob's ice is going to be vapourized incoming, and Nightcrawler would burn himself crispy. Colossus will be forced to hurl something, and unless it's Wolverine, PS's fellow Canuck simply isn't going to be able to get close to him; not matter if he cares getting burnt to the bone or not.

And of course, in the meantime, Flaming Fox is shrinking, Morningstar is flashing and/or going invisible, and Force is charging, or hurling something straight up the middle.

So, Frost IS going down. Fast.

Nobody, other than Emma is getting hit so hard that they are going down this round. And unless Scott ags PS with a optic blast, Force is probably going to be the only one (other than Emma) getting hit this round. Force can take it.

So now it's Cyke, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Colossus and Wolverine vs. Powersurge, Flaming Fox, Morningstar and Force.

Powersurge is gonig to want to take out Scott at this point. And I'd assume the feeling would be mutual given Powersurge's knowledge of the X-Men, and the known danger he represents to the largely grounded X-Men.

For the sake of fairness, we can say that both Morningstar and FF have "revealed" their position (again) at this point.

Wolvie can smell Morningstar easy. He "smells like a Brood about to hatch". But Morningstar has thought he had the drop on Wolvie before, and is scared of him, so is going to be putting his shields up and taking to the air in short order. Still, Wolvie is ... well ... Wolvie. Morningstar is getting tagged before he he acts, but at this point, while the cut will hurt Mstar for a round or two, and scare the hell out of him, its not even coming close to putting him down.

Nevertheless, sticking with the known, Cyke will have Nightcrawler attempt a multi-port on the powerful synthoid; taking Mstar out of the immediate vicinity and out of his senses for a few rounds. We'll say Nightcrawler succeeds.

In the meantime, Colossus is stepping up to meet Force with force, while Bobby is taking to his ice-sled, running random evasive patterns, while scanning for the fourth (Flaming fox) and/or an oppurtunity to aid one of his teammates. Let's say, while keeping an eye out for FF to strike again and give a more definite idea of his prescence, he decides to ice up Force and root him to the spot or slow him down abit for Colossus to get an easy hit in.

Let's say Colossus succeeds. Ouch. Force, dude. Sorry about the teeth. And the broken nose. Oh, and the concussion. But hey, you're still conscious right? Hit the Colossus in the MIDDLE.

Unfortunately for Bobby, Flaming Fox has a bead on him, metling the base of his ice-slide with his flames and sending him crashing down to earth.

Force busts out of his ice bounds, and decides it might be a good idea to go on the defensive. And we'll give it to him for this round, while Powersurge and Cyke continue their single combat as both stay a step ahead of a KO blow ... but Powersurge's speed and manuverability are making it difficult for Scott to keep up.

Wolverine picks up on Flaming Fox as the tiny powerhouse moves in to health drain Iceman, but Wolverine alerts Iceman as he moves in to aid Colossus. Iceman ice up the area Wolvie indicated, trapping FF within.

Nightcrawler returns to combat as a wounded and disoriented Mstar plummets some 5 stories to the pavement below.

Cyke and Powersurge continue to shoot and evade, but Powersurge is getting closer each time. Scott needs to seek cover and ground Powersurge.

Force finds himself confronted by Colossus, Wolverine, and (unbeknowest to him) Nightcrawler. He attempts to evade into the air, and is apparently succesful when Nightcrawler multiports him right into the lap of Wolvie and Colossus.

Flaming Fox maintains his size and burns his way out of his icey prison, but not before Colossus KO's Force.

Iceman gets up and moving again, pelting Powersurge with a (inconsequential) hail of icicles, that nevertheless distract him enough for Scott to make it to cover as the two continue to exchange fire. He commands the others to follow his lead.

Before Colossus, Wolvie or Nightcrawler can act however, Flaming Fox hits thenm with his hypnotic resonance. All are caught off guard. Colossu is getting starry eyed. Wolvie going crazy from the frequency, but Nightcralwer holds it together for long enough to teleport his teammates out of there to Cyke's position.

Powersurge finishes off Iceman before joining Flaming Fox and the unconscious Force on the ground.

to be continued ....

January 14, 2010 06:38PM
Wow... that had me on the edge of my seat! Very well done, PS. Force is definitely one of the weaker players on the field, so if he went toe to toe with Colossus I agree he'd go down fast. Force's only advantage is that Wolverine's claws do him no good against force fields. Still, so long as Petey's a factor, Force won't last long.

January 14, 2010 06:39PM
Presuming that they all take a time out. Flaming Fox will utilise a Health transferal for Force and take some health from Morning Star or Powersurge. If they are able to regen.

Flaming Fox will Also help heal up any of the others as well up to full.

First opportunity FF will look to go the health drain on Wolverine or another Xman to recover lost health.

Dont forget the delayed timed shrinking that FF can perform on large items to toss at the Xmen. For a surprise impact o them.

Say hello to 10 tons of concrete wall guys.

Survive that
January 14, 2010 06:44PM
Also don't forget that
Hypnotic Sound(Ama)50
â The Hero is able to generate a hypnotic sound wave that eminates forward in a 90 degree arc. The hypnotised victim is then open to suggestions. this is similar to the mind control spell in that it allows them a chance to resist if it would place them in a karma losing situation. The target makes a Psyche Feat to resist. Takes one round to achieve the hypnotic state and another round to make a suggestion while the sound wave is present. The Wave hypnotic wave is then dropped and the victim then acts on the suggestion.

Now if any of the Xmen have been left behind then we take them as bait.

Otherwise FF suggest using the Hypnotic sound again and make a suggestion for them to help their collegues with training as this is a danger room session with a, b, c as their adversaries.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2010 07:02PM by Fangs.
January 14, 2010 07:44PM
I have to ask everyone who is posting about what their home made character would do; are they reacting as if they could see their partners character sheet or are they running blind and coming together for the first time?

I'm sure I could use Wolverine as a Health creator to; if I was aware he could do it. Just a thought smiling smiley
Re: Punstarr's Heroes
January 14, 2010 08:29PM
Punstarr Wrote:
> Can anyone think of any good matchups for Streak
> [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
> p?9,11527,11527#msg-11527

There aren't many characters that can challenge someone with Superman level stats or have a fight where things are in doubt rather than a character whose powers are in the area of near certain defeat for Streak because of his weaknesses, Flare ( [www.classicmarvelforever.com] ) being likely one of the few. Streak's is far more agile and the better fighter but her damage if she scores a hit is considerably higher than Streak's can inflict onto her. The fight would come down to whether or not he could score enough hits to take her down while successfully avoiding her own strikes, or catch her at a time when she's not recharged recently and weaker.

Eon ( [www.classicmarvelforever.com] ) is a rough physical match, even if his Health in general is considerably lower and can't fly as fast he does have the advantage of a good ranged attack with his Hammer and the exceptional defensive capabilities of his Shield. I think in a knock-down drag-out fight Eon would take it, although likely end up with some recovery time afterwords. Eon's not likely to do much that's complex in the fight unless required to but there isn't much info that says Streak would either.

>or Mindstorm?
> [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
> p?9,19987

I think Guardian ( [www.classicmarvelforever.com] ) would prove more of a challenge than at first glance. While he has little in the way of Body Armor to deal with the telekinetic bolts he does have his Iron Will to soak up a good deal of it and his Gateway power to cover any distances between them cutting into how many 'free' ranged attacks Mindstorm can make before Guardian's on him. At which point he's either opened a gate inside the forcefield to strike directly or he's using his blade to destroy the TK barrier and then taking it directly to Mindstorm to go for a knock-out strike from behind.

-- Peter David

January 14, 2010 08:33PM
BelleReeve Wrote:
> I have to ask everyone who is posting about what
> their home made character would do; are they
> reacting as if they could see their partners
> character sheet or are they running blind and
> coming together for the first time?
>
> I'm sure I could use Wolverine as a Health creator
> to; if I was aware he could do it. Just a thought
> smiling smiley

For the Mutants vs Flaming Fox/Force/Powersurge/Morningstar it does seem like the planning is based on foreknowledge, of which some don't seem to be in the positionto be privy to the information that they're operating on. Although admittedly going by the comics everyone on the planet should know who Wolverine is and what his powers are considering he's everywhere involved in everything.

-- Peter David

January 14, 2010 11:46PM
The X-Men: Cyclops has retreated to a nearby industrial building, to be followed by Nightcrawler, Wolverine, and Colossus. FF's "song" messed with his inner-ear and he is effectively stunned. Likewise, Colossus who is still starry eyed, but, while shaken, Kurt is ok. Both Frost and Iceman lay unconscious outside.

The Others: Powersurge has joined Flaming Fox on the ground, while Force lays unconscious nearby; as do Frost and Drake. A couple of hundred yards away Morningstar begins to recover from the multiport.

Getting back to his feet, Morningstar heals the wound he received from Wolverine and turns invisible.

Powersurge tells FF they'd better get on the X-Men fast, before they start planning a counter, while he keeps a suspicious eye on the fallen Emma Frost. Flaming Fox agrees but moves to Force, imbueing him with enough lifeforce to (in game terms) allow for an immediate recovery. Powersurge stresses that they have to finish this before the "mind-witch" wakes up as they are defenseless against her. Force, just getting up on shakey knees, states that he's not defenseless.

Meanwhile, Cyke orders Nightcrawler to scout out the situation outside and if possible get Emma back as a matter of priority. He then uses his training to go to work on Piotr and snap him out of his trance, quickly succeeding. Wolverine has stopped vomitting and is slowly getting to his feet ... after falling over on his first attempt.

Nightcrawler 'ports to a vantage point he noticed while outside, and spots Powersurge, FF, Force, and his unconscious teammates.

Having turned invisible, Morningstar flies high into the air to get a sense of his location in reference to the battlefield.

As Flaming Fox heals Force to full, Powersurge asks for a rundown of his powers and the two enter into a quick discussion resolve to put Emma in a woman-sized compartment Force adds on to his psychic exoskeleton.

Meanwhile, as Wolvie and Colossus pull themselves together, Cyke moves back towards the door and fires off a broad-arcing optic blast at the trio. They take a hard hit, but weather it. Unfortuantely, this allows Nightcrawler the oppurtunity to 'port in and escape with Frost.

Morningstar immediately picks up on Cyke's optic blast, and begins a dive towards the point of origin, shields up and fortified with half of his remaining reserves (which have harldy been tapped). It will take him a moment to close on his destination however.

Powersurge smells Nightcrawlers telltale brimstone and immediately notes that Emma is gone, vocalizing that the teleporter took her, before firing a blast back at Cyke. He yells to the others to move in, guns blazing, Force on Wolverine, Flaming Fox on Colossus. Fox shrinks again and moves in, as Force tries to cut a fair angle on the door rather than charging headlong in this time.

Cyke dodges Powersurge's counter-attack, and tells Colossus and Wolvie to get ready. Colossus stands boldly before the entrance like a shieldwall, while Cyke moves behind him and Wolvie takes up a more stealthy vantage point.

As for Nightcrawler, he ports Frost to some nearby, outside, relatively ground level cover, before 'porting back to see his teammates taking up position ... and a smoldering goodly sized hole caused by PS's energy blast as it seared through the building.

Flaming Fox enters the building shields up, but again Wolverine alerts the others to his prescence, prompting Cyke to step out form behind Colossus and fire off a massive optic blast that basically destroys the entire entry wall, and strikes both FF and Force, who was lurking just outside the door.

Powersurge quickly takes to the air with a full view of the Cyke's band. He fires off a blast at Cyke intent on taking him out once and for all, but he and Pete work well together. Colossus successfully shields his leader, noticably cringing from the power of the blast.

Wolverine bolts out at the shakin Force with a fury, causing him to backstep, stumble and fall. The Wolvster begins to go to work on Force with increasing fury, until with the final slash Force feels a lance of pain in his head and a drop of blood run out of his nose. With a bust of effort he back hands Wolverine off of him, sending the Canuck flying up to the second story of the industrial building and through an interior wall or two.

Nightcrawler is about to attempt another multiport on Force when, with a luck almost beyond belief, he notices a strange shimmer coming in fast out of the sky towards Colossus and Cyclops. So, he quickly ports both Colossus and Cyclops to where he left Emma.

A split second later, Morningstar smashes into the entry room in his "hail mary" dive, more-or-less causing what was left of the front room, and the second floor area immediately above, to explode in a hail of debris that shakes the entire building; with Mstar punching right into the buildings basement. Flaming Fox is further roughed by this unfortunate lack of coordiantion, while Force and Powersurge are unharmed by the flying debris thanks to their respective shields.

Morningstar climbs out from under the debris in the basement, wide-eyed, and niaevely asks, "did I get them???"

to be continued ...

January 15, 2010 01:26AM
Nice battle scenario…

Cyclops / Emma / Colossus / Wolverine / Iceman / Nightcrawler

-=VS=-

Flaming Fox / Powersurge / Morningstar / Force

Very Nice ‘Battle-Room’ campaign PowerSurge… However, I’d see the fight unfolding quite differently…

Now I’m thinking a ‘Last-Man-Standing’ sorta battle, and so are you, I guess…… Those who get Bloody KTFO by Health Point depletion go to a penalty box or hospital via some sort of Global T-Port system….

They be ‘OUT’ like a hockey player…… Health has to Drop to like 2 to 5 Points or something…. A simple Endro Stun isn’t “The-End” for that Player….

PowerSurge has the most Info on the X-Men and he’d most likely QB the home-brew team…. It’s just a matter of the ‘Home-Brew’ Team following his lead…… And PowerSurge is the only ‘HB’ member to have Leader Ship as a ‘Talent’…. So the ‘HB’ Team will most likely follow PowerSurge’s Shot-Calling….

Cyclops, generally the QB on the X-Men team, will most likely have some ‘intel’ on the ‘HB’ team as well… If not, he’s gonna use whatever initiative he gets to have Emma gather that ‘intel’ and share it instantly via her Telepathy….. And the X-Men are gonna discover that Emma is targeted first….

On the other side, (Flaming Fox / Powersurge / Morningstar / Force) pretty much function like an F-18 battle team….. All 4 having True-Flight gives them an advantage…. But I see the X-Men figuring out a way to bring the ‘HB’ team to the ground……

Basically, Nightcrawler T-Ports in to snag a ‘HB’ Member and T-Port them into the X-Men’s Kill Sack… Not to mention, Nightcrawler’s T-Port leaves his Targets stunned and Dazed…..

This battle would take quite a bit of time and tactical maneuvering; but eventually it would come down to a Wild, Wild, West Saloon Brawl…. But I see the X-Men eventually pulling off the WIN….

Basically, PowerSurge and Cyclops know their team’s capabilities…. Thus both Team-Leaders are probably gonna try to take out the other team’s most formidable threat first…… And Cyclops has 2 more ‘Soljas’ to work with…… (it’s a 6 -=VS=- 4 Last Man Standing Battle-Royal)

This means the X-Men have their ‘cross-hairs’ first sighted on Flaming-Fox….

I’d see Cyclops having 3 of his Guys (Wolverine / Colossus / Nightcrawler) break off a bum-rush on Flaming-Fox…… While the other 3 X-Men (Iceman / Emma / Cyclops) try to keep (Powersurge / Morningstar / Force) tangled up with some ‘Surface to Air Missal’ and ‘Gunnery’ tactics…..

Basically, I see Cyclops breaking his team into 2 Groups of 3 each….

(Iceman / Emma / Cyclops) to focus on (Powersurge / Morningstar / Force)

and

(Wolverine / Colossus / Nightcrawler) to focus on (Flaming-Fox)

Sorry, Flaming-Fox…. I’d see (Wolverine / Colossus / Nightcrawler) giving Flaming-Fox the TKO via total Health Point Attrition….

Basically, Colossus will hurl Wolverine all-up in Fox’s grill, and Wolverine will probably get KOed himself, but the maneuver allows Nightcrawler to creepy-crawl-in and T-Port Fox right into Colossus’s open arms…..

Fox is gonna be dazed and staggering from Nightcrawler’s T-Port…. And Colossus is gonna drop some Steel Hammers right on Fox’s nugget….. (Bye bye Teeth)…..

But Fox ‘IS’ Hella Tuff and will probably put up a decent fight verse Colossus and Nightcrawler….. But during this scuffle, Wolverine pulls his sh-t together and sneaks in for a shank to Fox’s kidneys…..

Any time Fox pull’s off a decent maneuver or takes flight, Little Nightcrawler T-Ports on Fox’s head for a Stunning T-Port straight back into Colossus’s Iron Head-Lock…

Not to mention an enraged Wolverine jamming the Ol’Shankers into Fox’s torso every Game Round… Remember, Wolverine has Resist Domination and a Berserker Rage, which will pretty much nullify Fox’s hypnotics….

I see Nightcrawler just T-Porting Flaming-Fox back-n-forth between the Tank and Scrapper… Just beating Fox into a senseless pulp….

The Fox Fight ends with Colossus and Wolverine pile-driving their Iron-Clad Fists into Fox’s head and chest like bloody UFC Fighters…..

Meanwhile:

(Iceman / Emma / Cyclops) have just been playing ‘Cow-Boys and Indians’ with (Powersurge / Morningstar / Force)

They sneak about, angling off shots at each other, but really no progress is being made…. It’s a Mexican Stand-off at the OK Corral….

With Flaming Fox outta the game (sitting in the penalty box licking his wounds) this is where the ‘Battle-Royal’ starts getting really hairy….

(Wolverine / Colossus / Nightcrawler) re-group with the rest of their X-Men crew…. To use the same Tactics on the remaining 3 (Powersurge / Morningstar / Force)….

Nightcrawler reaches out a snags any one of the ‘HB’ Guys and drops them into the X-Men’s Grinder-Kill-Sack….. Just Opening a Can’o’Whoop-Ass… Taking-Out each ‘HB’ Member one at a time…..

End Result:

Very difficult ‘Battle-Royal’ to call FTW….

Very much an even and fair battle….

But no one knows the outcome unless the ‘Battle-Royal’ gets played on a Game-Table….. Several Times...

But I see the X-Men winning this last man standing….

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
TANKERACE

Tanker's MSH Characters
Expanded MSH Table

MOTÖRHEAD

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2010 02:18AM by TankerAce.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 28
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.