Posted by Fangs 
Re: Official homebrew Versus Thread
February 02, 2010 02:46PM
Fellupthestairs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NM,
> Who would be a fair contender for my posted
> character Knockout?

Well I imagine he'd have a shocker of a time encountering Sabra ( [www.classicmarvelforever.com] ) since his negation power wouldn't do anything to power her down and would find himself facing someone roughly equal to Colossus in power. smiling smiley

Otherwise I don't think I've any characters that are quite comparable in stats where Knockout would have a fair chance of winning. Persia for example is immune to power manipulation including power negation, Cavalier while a normal human his tech based so again the negation field would be worthless against him and his power ring, and Retribution is a better trained and statted normal human.

You'd have to look through my list and decide for yourself what ones if any you think would be a fair challenge for him.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
February 03, 2010 11:46PM
Well how about the villian from the Unofficial Compendium of Characters that Can be downloaded from this site.

BLUR

Vs

Gun Bunny and Pandora.

Two of them may be too much for Blur but HE is a MANS Man. Taking on two girls fits right into his personae.
Re: Blur VS Gun Bunny and Pandora
February 04, 2010 01:40PM
Fangs Wrote:
> Well how about the villian from the Unofficial
> Compendium of Characters that Can be downloaded
> from this site.
>
> BLUR
>
> Vs
>
> Gun Bunny and Pandora.
>
> Two of them may be too much for Blur but HE is a
> MANS Man. Taking on two girls fits right into his
> personae.

Seems more of a mismatch for the ladies given he's massively stronger than both of them, along with far exceeding them in combat ability and agility and his health is nearly three times what Gun Bunny has and twice Pandora's. A couple successful punches from him and they're pretty much on the dead end since neither have any armor and only Pandora has a means of recovering lost health rapidly and that requires sacrificing her actions that turn. While she might be able to pull off a boosted attack doing combined damage in the Shift Y range it's not like she'd be trucking that out to start and going with her base level of damage she'd only be doing about as much damage to him as he can dish out but he can dish it out eight times in a turn and she'd have to burn karma to even do three. The odds seem heavily in Blur's favor.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
February 04, 2010 01:57PM
Recheck his body armour. It is for wind resistance only.

With That said feel free to Throw in Stealth as well into the Mix, That may balance it a little bit more.
February 04, 2010 02:29PM
Fangs Wrote:
> Recheck his body armour. It is for wind resistance
> only.

I wasn't including that as a factor; I did see that it didn't provide protection from attacks. But he's still running 305 Health whereas Gun Bunny only has 110 and Pandora 160 and deals out 100 damage each attack. Gun Bunny would have to get lucky with her stun setting otherwise he could wipe them both out in a single turn.

> With That said feel free to Throw in Stealth as
> well into the Mix, That may balance it a little
> bit more.

Given the kind of damage he can deal out I'd have to consider the trio to be running around the minimum that'd be required to have a chance of defeating him. In a straight-up fight only ones like Paragon could handle the kind of stuff he can dish out. The ease with which he can inflict 8 Unearthly blows in a turn would even leave the Hulk taking a good 200 health damage given how good the odds are of landing all 8 hits.

-- Peter David

February 04, 2010 02:46PM
Ah What the Heck do the quintet then. Have all 4 ladies in on this action.
Re: Flexor Vs Powersurge
February 05, 2010 06:13AM
Too bad there was no response on this, would have been an interesting fight to see even thought I haven't seen any game stats for PS.

-- Peter David

Re: Blur VS Gun Bunny and Pandora
February 05, 2010 06:32AM
Fangs Wrote:
> Ah What the Heck do the quintet then. Have all 4
> ladies in on this action.

It'd probably take the entire quartet to handle him, with Pandora trying to generate protective barriers Stealth trying for surprise attacks along with Gun Bunny and Psion trying to get in close to stun him without getting her armor trashed. The fact he can deal out such enormous damage makes him a very problematic individual that few characters could handle by themselves without some very unique or ranged powers, like the Invisible Woman keeping people invisible to make his being able to target them difficult while they whittle away at his Health.

-- Peter David

Imperial Guard
February 05, 2010 07:58PM
So, there were a few responses to this would be match-up, but a number of the characters submitted were a little on the high-powered side. The team as I reckon it so far, based upon the various options is ...

Starfox (Nightmask, high-powered)
Examiner (Powersurge, low-powered)
Tanker-Ace (TankerAce, mid-to-high-powered)
Flaming Fox (Fangs, mid-to-high-powered)
Fallen Angel (Capo, mid-powered, magical)

I'll also through in ...

Force (Punstar, mid-powered)

Anyone else want to step up? As we already have a heavy in Starfox, let's keep any further subs to "less than Unearthly" in power ranks. One of two stellar supporting powers is fine, eg. resistence to heat/cold, flight, etc.

As things stand, the team is looking pretty sharp. Starfox wields the power cosmic and is capable of engrossing Gladiator's attention, while Tanker-Ace and Flaming Fox are a good match for two or three Guardsmen each The Examiner and Fallen Angel can both hold their own against at least one of the Guardsmen each, and it won't take long for Examiner to note Angel's magic-use and suggest it be used against Galdiator. If this team could take out Gladiator quick and clean odds would shift in their favour as Starfox would be freed up to tear through their ranks. Of course, as things stand, Earth's heroes are still outnumber enough, agaisnt a very diverse set of powers, to slant things in the Guard's favour.

If Earth doesn't get more defenders, we're going down hard.

I agree that the setting would be an attack on the UN. NYC sounds ideal. Thanks to Starfox and the Examiner, Earth has (non-specific) foreknowledge of the impending attack and have assembled this motley group of U.N. sanctioned "Protectors" in order to thwart it. Beyond the heroes, the building and surrounding area will be speckled with SHIELD agents; though it will be presumed that, even en masse, these will be no more a match for any of the "Guardsmen" and will at best be a momentary distraction. And they WILL distract.

Powersurge (stats, pics, history) [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

Morningstar (specs, pics, campaign jouranl) [www.alphaflight.net])

Protectors Limited Series [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1
February 06, 2010 12:14AM
Dont forget that Flaming Fox has had dealings with the Shi'ar and may be able to add useful intel to the group.

Also this is a character that one of my players submitted many years ago.

PSILENCE - by I think it was NiniriAZ?

with her permission I would like to submit this character forward.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2010 12:19AM by Fangs.
February 06, 2010 09:08AM
Fangs Wrote:
> Dont forget that Flaming Fox has had dealings with
> the Shi'ar and may be able to add useful intel to
> the group.

Of the characters listed I think at least three have dealt with the Shi'ar. Starfox has, and I believe PS's might have as well. Of course every little bit helps so the more with independent dealings the better. Personal experience is far better than second-hand information, just as second-hand is better than nothing at all and nothing better than deliberate misinformation.

-- Peter David

February 07, 2010 03:39PM
What we need is a character that has a bas duplication power and a couple of other powers and hey presto
Instant army.
February 07, 2010 04:02PM
Not too many self-duplication empowered characters around, I think GM tend to dislike that instant army feature especially if the character has high base stats to go along with it or other impressive powers. About the only characters I can remember in the Your Favorites section able to duplicate in some fashion are ones I and Mr Happy have posted.

-- Peter David

February 07, 2010 04:21PM
You could use my original character. He's technically dead but 7 of his duplicates are still alive and they can mimic other peoples powers.
February 07, 2010 04:50PM
There you go. NM fell up the stairs has one that we can use. Hey fellupthestairs place the link to it from here so that we can have a look.
February 07, 2010 04:59PM
He doesn't have the best initial FASERIP scores. However if a team is around him for protection he can be devastating.

Fellupthestairs starting character.

or check out Slugfest in this listing. Keep in mind he needs to get punched around a bit for his powers to come in effect. ( I don't think anyone will have a problem with this. )

Check for Slugfest.
February 07, 2010 11:09PM
HAhahahahaha,,,, I love the slug fest deal. I am sure that Flaming Fox will be able to Beat this character enough times to produce a number of extra pink bits.

I think that either one of these would be handy.
February 08, 2010 04:36AM
If you'd like use Dr. Feel Good. His K: Pool powers can really help a team out. Just keep him out of the actual battle or he's probably gonna get smeared across the galaxy.
February 09, 2010 09:57PM
Unfortunately I think that we can only add one character per person.

So choose carefully. The fate of this dimension of marvel earth hangs in the balance.

So power surge do you thing there are enough pc's for this battle royale?

Also as a side note what does everyone think of me compiling a second TUCOC,
February 11, 2010 05:04AM
As far as our Homebrew Avengers vs. the Imperial Guard, as long as there's a check for Gladiator, it's looking like the Guardsmen get kinda schooled...
February 11, 2010 05:52AM
This is a Cosmic level threat.

I expect some criticism for even posting the question. However ...

Kal-El herald of Galactus comes to your campaign world.

Kal-El herald of Galactus

How do you stop him?

Please note I know this guy is over the top. He was originally created to be so. He is not a PC and is not intended as a repeating bad guy. ( In his own reality he actually winds up building a science station on the moon. He uses the Earths and the immediate galaxy's most brilliant minds in the pursuit of "curing" Galactus of his need to consume worlds. )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2010 06:01AM by Fellupthestairs.
February 11, 2010 06:02AM
You don't really. i'd have to approach this guy the way i did when i ran World War Hulk. offer a lot of plot threads that deal with multiple aspects of what a scenario of his arrival would impact. Some of the plot threads would be about assaulting him personally, but many would revolve around helping civilians, researching the guy and what he's about, handling amb itious villains trying to use the event to their advantage etc.

Fellupthestairs Wrote:
> This is a Cosmic level threat.
>
> I expect some criticism for even posting the
> question. However ...
>
> Kal-El herald of Galactus comes to your campaign
> world.
>
> Kal-El herald of Galactus
>
> How do you stop him?
February 11, 2010 06:09AM
I really want to introduce him into a campaign. Many years ago I created him for a GM for another setting. ( We wound up needing to battle or own creations. ) I spent a lot of time on his powers and history and I feel he is credible in a What if ? sense. I can't just throw something like this into a campaign without a viable means for the Earths mightiest being able to deal with it though. ( I could be "realistic" and use the mentality life is not fair and the heroes will just have to figure it out. ) However he has the potential of ending this campaign and he should be treated as such.

I'm hoping the combined might of the minds on this site will come up with a means dealing with him as he is listed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2010 06:20AM by Fellupthestairs.
February 11, 2010 06:22AM
Well that's the thing, really. I mean, it's easy to say, 'This is an exercise in creativity, to try and beat the unbeatable foe.' But what's important here is, this is a cat that's dealing 500 damage per hit. That's enough to kill the likes of Thor, the Surfer, hulk, hercules - all in Round 1. And the number of attacks he'd get automatically are astonishing as well. So, the reality is he'd take out scores of marvel heroesand in essence he can't be damaged. And he's different from a Cosmic Entity like Galactus in that even though big G is powerful, he ignores heroes for a majority of the fight because they're simply beneath his notice. That's what Heralds are for. Which this Kal-El is. So he has entity level powers, with villain level mentality regarding using those powers directly to accomplish his goal: Eliminating resistance on Earth for his master.

Fellupthestairs Wrote:
> I really want to introduce him into a campaign.
> Many years ago I created him for a GM for another
> setting. ( We wound up needing to battle or own
> creations. ) I spent a lot of time on his powers
> and history and I feel he is credible in a What if
> ? sense. I can't just throw something like this
> into a campaign without a viable means for the
> Earths mightiest being able to deal with it
> though. ( I could be "realistic" and use the
> mentality life is not fair and the heroes will
> just have to figure it out. ) However he has the
> potential of ending this campaign and he should be
> treated as such.
February 11, 2010 06:31AM
If:

Someone has Cosmic Awareness. They could obviously detect this guy. Could they also detect or come into knowledge his weakness to Kryptonite? If yes:

Could some one create an artificial means of producing it? Say Reed Richards working with Stark to make laser like emitters that mimic this vulnerability.
February 11, 2010 06:47AM
They'd need a sample in order to replicate/synthesize it. But it shouldn't be hard to do, after all, Richard Pryor pulled it off in Superman III. But that could be one of the plot threads: A squad of heroes making a b-line to destroyed Krypton to get their hands on some Kryptonite.

But then we're talking really only a limited number of avenues to achieve victory: someone with cosmic awareness (or some sort of precog) is required to deduce his weakness seemingly out of the ether.

Fellupthestairs Wrote:
> If:
>
> Someone has Cosmic Awareness. They could obviously
> detect this guy. Could they also detect or come
> into knowledge his weakness to Kryptonite? If
> yes:
>
> Could some one create an artificial means of
> producing it? Say Reed Richards working with Stark
> to make laser like emitters that mimic this
> vulnerability.
February 11, 2010 08:54AM
CapoCastillo Wrote:
> They'd need a sample in order to
> replicate/synthesize it. But it shouldn't be hard
> to do, after all, Richard Pryor pulled it off in
> Superman III. But that could be one of the plot
> threads: A squad of heroes making a b-line to
> destroyed Krypton to get their hands on some
> Kryptonite.

I thought you were about to say, "But that could be one of the plot threads: the heroes have to track down Richard Pryor to take him down."
February 11, 2010 09:00AM
Does any one have stats on Richard Pryor. smiling smiley

Maybe I can introduce Red Hulk and Sentry into my campaign.

Does any one have stats on them?

Can these fictitious characters override a GMs' ruling and hop out of the game world and beat the GM to a pulp?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2010 09:09AM by Fellupthestairs.
February 13, 2010 10:05AM
Whatever happened to the homebrew vs Shi'ar Imperial Guard?
The last that I read the line up was the following.

Starfox (Nightmask, high-powered)
â Examiner (Powersurge, low-powered)
â Tanker-Ace (TankerAce, mid-to-high-powered)
â Flaming Fox (Fangs, mid-to-high-powered)
â Fallen Angel (Capo, mid-powered, magical)
â 
â I'll also through in ...
â 
â Force (Punstar, mid-powered)
And Joseph Capo

Unless someone else can add one
February 13, 2010 02:07PM
Fangs Wrote:
> Whatever happened to the homebrew vs Shi'ar
> Imperial Guard?
> The last that I read the line up was the
> following.
>
> Starfox (Nightmask, high-powered)
> â Examiner (Powersurge, low-powered)
> â Tanker-Ace (TankerAce, mid-to-high-powered)
> â Flaming Fox (Fangs, mid-to-high-powered)
> â Fallen Angel (Capo, mid-powered, magical)
> â 
> â I'll also through in ...
> â 
> â Force (Punstar, mid-powered)
> And Joseph Capo
>
> Unless someone else can add one

I have been hoping to see more of that but with PS handling it no idea how much his RL interferes with things. I think the mix listed could win the day as heroes often manage to win against unbalanced odds and Starfox can hold off Gladiator long enough for the rest of her impromptu team to deal with the rest of his allies.

-- Peter David

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 33
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.