Official homebrew Versus Thread

Posted by Fangs 
Re: Official homebrew Versus Thread
February 13, 2010 03:43PM
I'm off work the coming week, Fangs, so I'll try to tackle this then.

Cheers folks! smiling smiley

Powersurge (stats, pics, history) [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

Morningstar (specs, pics, campaign jouranl) [www.alphaflight.net])

Protectors Limited Series [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1
Re: Kal-El Herald of Galactus VS ?
February 15, 2010 03:30PM
Fellupthestairs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is a Cosmic level threat.
>
> I expect some criticism for even posting the
> question. However ...
>
> Kal-El herald of Galactus comes to your campaign
> world.
>
> Kal-El herald of Galactus
>
> How do you stop him?
>
> Please note I know this guy is over the top. He
> was originally created to be so. He is not a PC
> and is not intended as a repeating bad guy. ( In
> his own reality he actually winds up building a
> science station on the moon. He uses the Earths
> and the immediate galaxy's most brilliant minds in
> the pursuit of "curing" Galactus of his need to
> consume worlds. )

Well he's clearly require either someone equally outrageously powered (like my NPC version of Red Norvell, Ragnarok) or a range of powerful and prepared heroes and/or villains to have a chance of stopping him. Of my homebrews there'd be more chance of one of my villains beating him, and only because Knock-Off could if lucky created a knock-off of Kal-El to use to fight him and Alibi could if lucky copy his powers and abilities to use against him.

Otherwise it'd take a formidable alliance of characters who like Capo notes could somehow survive his Shift Z attacks or avoid them (such as Paragon with her TI reducing his damage inflicting potential considerably). Likely joining up with Dr. Doom or having to acquire the technology he's used to steal the cosmic power of the Silver Surfer to steal that from Kal-El. It wouldn't defeat him like most heralds giving his high starting power but it would weaken him and give the power to the opposition to use against him. Otherwise the Power Cosmic would protect him from Kryptonite radiation as well as from being depowered under a red sun. Of course when dealing with evil Galactus heralds the FF often calls in the Silver Surfer to help (as well as when opposing Galactus as seen in Last Planet Standing).

Given the Power Stunt range of unspecified Power Cosmic is virtually unlimited he's pretty quickly power stunt ways of dealing with most foes unless kept too busy to try or at least focused on them so he doesn't put together those stunts. Of course there's always the possibility of just calling in Molecule Man to save the day. winking smiley

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
February 16, 2010 12:38PM
Either that or someone of a magical origin. If memory serves me correctly magic tends to get past these sort or conventional powered individuals.
February 26, 2010 01:45AM
Hey Powersurge just added your previous character Powersurge to the netbook for TUCOCv2 - Did you have any updated pictures that you wanrted to have added. Also

bump the finger smiley
June 13, 2010 05:07PM
Well, I am new to the forums but I loved this topic enough that I just had to bite. I kinda skipped over the last 8 pages of conversation and just figured I would submit an home-brew to take on an established character.

I have watched this home-brew character take a heck of a lot of punishment and walk away without a scratch which has made him one of the most feared and most powerful villains in my campaigns. The fight would be a slug fest all the way and the best established character to see him do that kind of battle with would be Hulk.

** Noting the recent conversation about Gladiator I cannot say with certainty if this guy could stand toe to toe to him, but I would not mind seeing that fight either.

Thump

Fighting: Incredible
Agility: Remarkable
Strength: Shift-X
Endurance: Amazing
Reason: Excellent
Intuition: Remarkable
Psyche: Amazing

Health: 234

Limitation: Energy Allergy (electricity) / Power Negation / Continuous with Contact

Known Powers:
True Invulnerability -
Thump can reduce energy and physical damage done to him by Monstrous column shifts.
Hyper Leaping - Thump can travel by leaping through the air at Shift-Y intensity.
Regeneration - Thump regenerates his Health at Poor intensity.

Talents: Wrestling, Thrown Objects (Large Objects only)
Welcome, Doctor Quantum
June 13, 2010 07:07PM
Welcome to the boards. Hope you enjoy a long, fun stay with us. smiling smiley
Re: Welcome, Doctor Quantum
June 14, 2010 10:00AM
Redman II Wrote:
> Welcome to the boards. Hope you enjoy a long, fun
> stay with us. smiling smiley

Thank you. I have stalked the boards for a long time, just never posted before.
May 19, 2011 12:49AM
Hi all my favorite home brew character would be myself ( a little egoist i guess)
I am little computer dummy so i do not know how to add my characters from where they are at, doh.
Sentinal vs. Kraven

Scenerio 1: Kraven stalks a cop Sentinal gets word through a contact on the police force, he stakes out the cop waiting for Kraven to show him self, relying on his port ability to get to the scene before Kraven can really get started. Already in full battle regalia. Kraven shows his ugly mug and the fight is on. I believe My character would win as he has more offense and defense capabilities. Kraven if he has pre set area with cats it could go to him, that damn nerve punch can be fatal.

Scenerio 2: they meet in the open no weapons straight martial arts skill I would say it would be 50/50, but if he tagged my guy with nerve punch and i failed endurance roll, he would make hamburger out of him.

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] i think this right, anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2011 12:53AM by GILGAMESH.
May 19, 2011 01:12AM
Another battle I want to resolve is the god awful US AGENT. Now this battle would definetly go till some one looked like hamburger and was down in the dirt bloodied up.
so Sentinal vs. US AGENT
scenerio 1: Using everything available. I would start with port above him drop flash pellet and tenshubi,port behind him and attack with whip using edged attack. he is no longer blind, grab inti. hopefully port out to above him on building , tree, etc. wait till he is vunerable then launch a smoke pellet and proceed to teleport him all over using the - cs for stun and then beat him to a pulp, not killing him or maiming him as much as i want to. now if he resisted everything i threw at him, well come high or hell water i would go down fighting.

[www.classicmarvelforever.com]
April 13, 2012 06:24AM
I have a Character called Anna Standheit who is a bio Vampire/Shapeshifter that would Oppose Reed Richards. She is just as smart, and quite powerful. I wonder how she would compare against Reed Richards alone as well as the Fantastic Four.
Attachments:
open | download - Eira(Anna).pdf (550 KB)
Tig
April 22, 2012 09:29AM
Cool story.
July 19, 2012 02:02AM
I have to say that they cartoon comic writers have shown the hulk to actually be capable of thinking!!! and comming up with witty retorts to boot... Now I haven't read the comics for the hulk but I would have to pose the question...... Doctor Quantum.... Do you really believe that the fight against the hulk and thump would be evenly matched?

Personally I see the hulk dominating from the first blow.

Here are his stats

Profile: Hulk
F A S E R I P
Fighting: Remarkable (30)
Agility: Good (10)
Strength: Unearthly (100)
Endurance: Monstrous (75)
Reason: Poor (4)
Intuition: Typical (6)
Psyche: Remarkable (30)

Health: Shift Y (215)
Popularity: Feeble (0)
Resources: Feeble (2)

Age: Adult Gender: Male Height: 8 ft. 0 in. Weight: 1,400 lbs..

Invulnerability: Class 1000 resistance to Cold, Heat, Fire, Corrosives, Radiation, Toxins, and Disease.
True Invulnerability: Amazing
Regeneration: Unearthly
Self Recovery: Unearthly 
Self Revival: Unearthly
Hyper-Leaping: Class 5000
Astral Detection: Unearthly
Adrenaline Surge: The listed abilities and Health scores are for the Hulk under "normal" circumstances. The Hulk's Fighting and Strength may be raised +1CS to a maximum of Shift-Z to hit and damage. This requires the hulk has to make a successful Psyche FEAT roll to increase and only if he was hurt that round. If the opponent or opponents are defeated, the Hulks abilities and Health scores return to normal in the next round. The Hulk’s Regeneration/Self Recovery/Self Revival also increases +1CS to a maximum of Shift-Z each round until he is no longer taking damage (making the Hulk virtually unstoppable).

The only way you could win against the hulk was if you could somehow catch him at his base stats.... Not get him angry then sedate him on the sly.

I have to say this Doctor, from where I sit Thump would live live up to his name sake, in so much as he would be thumped truly by the hulk within the first 3 - 5 exchanges.

Fangs
Forge yourself into the hero that others fear to be.
Ascend and demonstrate a better Ethos
Negotiate when you can and pound when you have no other option.
Go forward when others fear the darkness
Strive for the greatness that lies within you

Villains Costumes
Villain Costumes - Blogg
Villain Costumes - Urban Clothing
Villain Costumes - ACIDS approach to Foiling Villains Plans
May 30, 2013 08:20AM
Was lounging the other day and started enjoying this thread. Got inspired to see how my admittedly Wolverine-styled character "Rottweiler" would fare against Powersurge's, "Broodling" (a wicked, wicked creation about 2/3rds down the page). Anyway, not sure what possessed me (and I didn't do it all in one sitting but kept coming back to it after breaks, errands and what not) but ended up documenting an epic round-by-round account of the whole encounter here - enjoy!

Rottweiler v. Powersurge's "Broodling"
Rottweiler v. the Broodling

(Start: 4 areas apart, Rottie on ground; Broodling in flight)

Rd 1: Rottie closes in 2 areas, Evading; Brood easily covers the distance trying to swoop in for an attack

· Tie on Init roll Rott (6)+5=11; Brood (10)+1=11. House rule says tie goes to the higher Intuition (alternating atks if multi-attacking), but in this case Rott's evading so rolls for that... (40) - successfully evades Broodling's chomping mandibles! Rott, "Holy shiznit!"

Rd 2: Rottie attempts to grapple now that the Brood is landed and adjacent; Broodling tries again for his bread n' butter blood-suck bite

· Initiative: uh ohhh Broodling (10)+1=11; Rott (4)+5=9.
· The Broodling rears his head back and strikes… (31) on RM Edged atk - *SNAP* Narrowly misses Rottie's neck!
· Rottie tries to seize the opportunity by Grappling the beast's jutted neck… (17) on RM Str - No cigar.
· The gianormous 6'3" 400 lbs. figure towering before his sinewy 5' 9" (apparent) 175 lbs. frame (actual weight of 240 lbs; dense-boned, all muscle) has the Rottweiler reconsidering this whole hero business…
· Broodling, "Hold ssstill little puppy! Let usss have a tassste…" Rott, "Not on your life, scales-for-brains!"

Rd 3: Angered, the Broodling will try multi-attacks (claw/bite); Rottie will step in with an overhand right

· Init: Rott (10)+5=15; Broodling (7)+1=8
· Rottie quickly darts fwd… (91!) KA-POOOW! Red (possible Stun). A solid shot on target, but the deep *thud* has Rottie worried (Brood's defense all but absorbs 6 pts of Rottie's 26 max damage punch! Brood Health: 90-6=84)
· Brood checks for Stun…(89) on EX End.= no stun
· Rottie, "What thu…?" The Broodling's head cocks sharply after taking Rottie's best; it slowly turns to smile, displaying rows of long sharp teeth; at least it looks like a smile? Broodling, "Issss that all ya got, you mangy mutt?"
· Broodling's multi-atk roll… (16) whew! Not even close to the req'd Yellow needed, but he'll still get a bite attack at -3CS… (29) on TY col = miss, suckaaa!
· Rott: *crap! This creep took my best and it didn't even phase him!*

Rd 4: Rott tries for multi-atks; Brood for the Bite. Rottie Health: 114/114 (full); Brood: 84/90

· Init: Rottie (7)+5=12; Broodling (2)+1=3
· Rott's multi-atk roll… (40) on IN col, enough for Green and 2 attacks at -1CS (AM Fighting Unarmed to IN)
· 1st roll… (93) - Red! "BOOM MUTHA f*KKA!" A solid left hook by Rottie catches Broodling square to the side of the head; Rott's not pullin' any punches, 26 pts damage (reduces to 6). Brood Health: 84-6=78
· Checking for Stun v. Brood's EX End… (51) - the beast looks dazed! Stunned for 1 rd
· Rottie's 2nd attack, a right uppercut… (45) - Green, another shot sends Broodling's head snapping up and back (78-6=72) Rottie, "You want some o' this, you over-grown mosquito!?"

Rd 5: Brood stunned 1 round; Rott presses another multi-attack; granting a bonus +3CS to-hit since Brood's just basically wobbling there defenseless (sometimes I'll "auto" hit Stuns in-game; sometimes just grant at +3CS, even higher at times espec. If a 1-10 round Stun; just depends)
· No Init necessary (Broodling's stunned)
· Rott's mult-atk roll… (24) - Sh!t! Ah well, one attack still at +0CS (bonus/penalty cancel out this round)… (38) = Green, another hit (Broodling Health: 72-6=66). Rottie, "Wazz'up baby!? Awww yeeeah!"

Rd 6: Seriously PO'ed now, Broodling will attempt Bite atk again; Rottie goes multi-atk since it's worked so far.

· Init: Rottie (5)+5=10; Brood (8)+1=9 Rott, "Too fast for ya, bug breath! I'm about to get Insecticidal on yo' ass!!"
· Rott's multi-atk roll… (09) Fraak! Still gets one attack at -3CS… (87) on EX col - a solid front snapkick right into Broodling's chest, possible Slam (Health: 66-6=60)
· Brood Slam check, EX End… (15)=Great Slam, sends the Broodling flying! 6 areas straight back, crashing though a couple brick walls to slow him down. Brood's thick-ass hide prevents any collision damage however. Rott yells, "Not too shabby for a 'puppy', eh razor-face?"

Rd 7: Rottie Health still: 114/114; Broodling: 60/90. Rottie will attempt to sprint fwd to close the gap; Broodling takes flight

· Rottie End. FEAT roll… (79), sprint successful and 4 areas covered; although he sees the Broodling launch skyward, rising 3 areas
· Rott, "Ah you booger! C'mon back; things were just getting fun!"
Broodling, "Currrsssse you, I will make ssshurre you ssssufferrr!"
Rott, "Bring it on, babycakes!"

Rd 8: Rottie will Block; Broodling dive bombs

· Rottie's block roll (RM Str)… (41), Green -4CS, so PR 4 additional Body Armor (weeeak!)
· Broodling's dive atk (EX End. +4CS aerial dive to MN) *gulp*… (12)!! Miss and Broodling goes crashing into the pavement! (will treat as RM damage since he's coming to a nasty halt, but resistance lessens effect; Broodling Health: 60-10=50)
· *KKAARUUUNCH!* Rottie, "Whoooaa bugman! Watch it, you'll lose karma wreckin' the roads like that!"

Rd 9: Rottie feeling in control, closes again for multi-atks; Broodling emerges from the crater and again Bite atks

· Init: Rott (3)+5=8; Broodling (4)+1=5
· Rott's multi-atk roll… (92) - RED! for 3 atks at -1CS (AM to IN)
· 1st atk… (46) - Green hit (Brood health: 60-6=54) Rottie, "Now…."
· 2nd atk… (77) - Yellow, declines Slam effect to keep'm close (54-6=48) "We're…"
· 3rd atk… (54) - Green hit (48-6=42) "Talkin'!!!"
· Broodling taking hit after hit after hit, rears back his ugly head and… (97)!!! RED, possible KILL result :O
· Hmmm. How to handle… let's do damage first. EX edged atk damage bite, reduces by -1 rank to GD (Rott's defense/resilience) so Rottie Health: 114-10=104;
· Rott will definitely spend Karma on the Kill check (IN Endur)… (60), adds the minimum 10 Karma for the Yellow "No" kill result;
· Now any blood loss? Write-up says, "In order to effect the vampiric exchange, the Broodling must make a successful bite attack, and then maintain it for every round of draining."
· UPB desc. mentions something about Power FEAT v. target Psyche yadda yadda; but I'll play it as written in the character dossier - a successful bite = loss of TY 6 blood (it was a "successful" bite after all)
· Broodling, "hmMHHMHffMMHMMffMMpp!!!" *slurp* (Rott health 104-6=98)
· Seems Rottie is now considered fully Held (as a Grapple I think?) letting the bug-beast feast! Rott, "BBBllaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!"
· Blood points split between Broodling's Str and End, so: Str 30+3=33; End 20+3=23 yikes…

Rd 10: Rottie definitely trying for Escape this round; Broodling will cont. to drink and inflict damage…

· But first, Rottie regens! (98+4=102)
· No Init. necessary since Rott's trying to get free. Meets the "within 2CS" Str requirement and rolls… (47) - MISS! Rottie, "YYYEeeaarrrgggg! Get... OFF… of me.. you… bloodsuckin' BASTICH!!"
· Broodling drinks, Rottie Health: 102-6=96. I'm thinking he also continues to inflict the EX EA damage (less to GD for Rott's protection) so 96-10=86
· Broodling Str 33+3=36; End 23+3=26 (Total Blood consumed so far 12)
· Brooding, "Mmffhhhft…mft…astymmmfh…."
· Rott, "SON OF A BBBEEIB!!!"

Rd 11: Rott tries to ESC again; Broodling continues feasting
· Rottie regens (86+4=90) Broodling, "Mmpffh? MmmoremmPleasfmmfh"
· Rott rolling for ESC attempt again… (26)!! No dice. Rott, "EFFF-MEEee!!!"
· Broodling cont. auto-drinking, Rott Health: 90-6=84, pius EA damage 84-10=74
· Broodling Str 36+3=39; End 26+3=29. Blood consumed: 18
· Holy sh!t :O

Rd 12: Rott Escape attempt yet again; yadda yadda for Broodling feast

· Rottie regen (74+4=78)
· Rolling for ESC on RM col… (35)! Good grief! :\
· Broodling drinks and drinks, Rottie Health: 78-6=72, -10 EA damage=62
· Broodling Str 39+3=42; End 29+3=32, Blood taken: 24 (sh!t!)
· Maybe karma time?

Rd 13: Same

· Rottie regens (62+4=66)
· Going for ESC roll…(88) - YESSS! Rott, "I'm FREE B!tch!"
· Arrghh, takes additional EX removal damage + must make KILL FEAT again!? (Rottie health: 66-10=56)
· Dipping below half Health triggers Rott's 'Frenzy' mode; but won't help him w/Kill FEAT check
· Rott spends Karma on Kill check… (40) good thing. Adds 21 Karma to get the Yellow "NO" result (Rott 31 Karma total spent so far out of 87 base)
· Broodling, "Mmffh… AHHhhhhh! And a sssucculent meal you arrre, my pet! It'sss trrrue… Doggg meat doesss taste like chickennn!"

Rd 14: Okay. Let's tally. Rottie (56+4 regen this round so 60/114 Health); don't see if it states Broodling benefits any increased health from the blood letting so, Broodling Health remains: 42/90. Rottie's smart enough to know the Broodling is a serious threat. He'll go for a multi-atk using Claws adding a pinch of Martial Arts D action for good measure (can Stun/Slam w/o damage after 2 rounds w/enemy). Brooding will try multi-punch attacks with his now-beefed-up IN 42 Strength

· Init: Rottie (10)+5=15; Blooding (8)+1=9
· Rott's multi-atk roll… (86) - Yellow, enough for 2 atks at -1CS
· 1st atk roll… (05) - DAMN IT! Swishhhh. Broodling, "Bwhahahah! Misssed by a mile! You really ssshoul…"
· 2nd atk roll… (20) - missed again.. Fraakk! "as I was sssaying… really should trrry and ssstay focussssed, Muttley!"
· Broodling's multi-atk roll… (94)! Just shy of Red, but good for 2 atks at -1CS
· 1st atk, a smashing fist… (34) - Just misses;
· 2nd atk, another punch… (28) also misses! Rott, "Put your money where your fat mouth is, blood sucker! And I do mean SUCKER!!"

Rd 15: Rottie regens 60+4=64/114 health (now out of 'Frenzy' range); Broodling 42/90. Both attempting same actions of last round.

· Init: Rottie (5)+5=10; Blood (4)+1=5
· Rottie's multi-atk roll… (51) good for 2 atks at -1CS
· 1st atk… (42) - Green hit, Claws doing 10 dmg, negated by Brood's defense;
· 2nd atk… (81) - Yellow strike to the throat, again GD damage negated, but thx to Martial Arts D, a possible Stun;
· Broodling with his buffed Endurance of RM 32, rolling for Stun check… (00) F*CKIN' LUCKY BASTARD!!! Broodling, "Booo Hoooo, Dog-faccce! You'll have to try harderrr than that!"
· Broodling multi-atks roll… (48); only a Green, 1 attack (punch) at -3CS
· Rolling… (79) - possible Slam. Damage of 42 Blunt, reduced -1 rank to 30, so Rottie Health: 64-30=34 *UGHHHHHhhhh!!*
· Rottie Slam FEAT check… (19). Great. Rottie gets launched 7 areas, through walls, but with his defense absorbing much, I'll say an additional 8 pts collective damage. 34-8=26 hmm, things suddenly nor lookin' good for the Rottster…

Rd 16: Rottie approx. 6-7 areas away, (regens 26+4=30), rises from the rubble and takes Evasive maneuvers. Broodling takes flight, covering the ground easily with an area to spare. Also wounded, he won't risk a missed dive this time but comes to land, crushing the hood of nearby car.
· Broodling, "You ssstill rise? Impresssive. But now it's time to finisssh you, dirrrty dogg."
· Rottie, "As… I said… bbb..before…. BRING IT!!!"

Rd 17: Rottie regens 30+4=34/114 Health; Bloodling 42/90. Rottie in 'Frenzy' mode, so ignores Stuns and gains +1CS to Fight/Strength/Psyche FEAT checks. Rottie will try multi-atks (Claws) again; Broodling, going in for the Bite de Grace!
· Init: Rott (4)+5=9; Blood (4)+1=5
· Rottie multi-atk roll… (47) Green, 2 at -1CS "mmmust… focus…"
· 1st atk… (74) Yellow, Hit, no damage but Martial Arts D in effect for possible Stun;
· Broodling's Stun check (still at RM 32 Endurance) rolls… (82)=NO Stun!! Broodling, "Bwahahaha! Try again, whimpering fffool!"
· Rott's 2nd atk…. (08) whiffff sad smiley *sigh*
· Broodling, "Now... Embracccce your Dessstiny!"
· Goes for Bite atk…. (90)!! Yellow, Possible Stun ugggh. Time for the math: EX edged bite reduced -1 rank so 34-10=24. Stun ignored (almost forgot Rott's "Frenzy" state); now blood loss of TY 6, so Rottie Health: 24-6=18 (gulp)
· Broodling Str 42+3=45; End 32+3=35. Total blood received so far, 30. mutha fffkkr…

Rd 18: Rottie in BAAAD shape. Still, regens 18+4=22/114 Health; Broodling 42/90. No Init roll since Rott can only try to Escape, while Broodling plans to keep feasting
· Rott will spend Karma on the ESC roll… (51), adds the minimum +10 to hit for Yellow Escape result (total Karma spent 41). Hold broken, Rottie takes another EX edged (reduced 1 rank) so 22-10=12 Health and successfully staggers away at half speed, roughly 1.5 areas
· Broodling wiping the trickle of red from his chin, follows behind, "Ssseems the end is nearrr, my pet. You fought welll; feel no ssshame at thisss defeat. Come to meee..."

Rd 19: Rottie comes alright… Charging! (regens 12+4=16) Broodling will punch with his buffed IN 45 Strength, going for the knock out
· Init: Rottie (2)+5=7; Bloodling (3)+1=4
· Rottie Charges… 1 area (for +1CS to AM)…. (94!!!) :O HIT! RED possible Stun
· Rottie, "rrrrwwarrrRRRRRRR YOU MUTHA FF!!!!"
· Broodling, *hhhMMMMOOOOWWWFFHHHF!!!* Now, house rule is that Base damage from Charging is (STR+END)/2, so Rott's Base Charge damage is: (26+36)/2=or 31, +2 pts traveled (1 area) for 33 pts damage total, less Brood's resistance so 13 pts. Brood's Health: 42-13=29
· 20 pts rebounded back to Rottie (reduces to 10) so Health: 16-10=6 (zoiks!)
· Big time check for Stun here… hmm. Much as I hate it, Broodling will spend Karma. Roll…. (13) good thing. Hmmm. Brood needs a 66 (still pumped Endur. of RM 35) for Yellow "No" stun effect; but has 42 base (both chars started with their base Karma) -- it's not enough! Broodling will spend 23 to get to a Green result, and take the 1 round Stun, which is better than a White result. Rottie, "One… last chance… Now… or never…"

Rd 20: Broodling Stunned this round; Rottie regens (6+4=10). Rott will press a multi-atk with +3CS to-hit as Broodling rocks side-to-side dazed and disoriented
· No Init (Brood's Stunned)
· Rott's multi-atk roll… (99!!) NINETY-F'N-NINE! 3 Atks coming (at +3CS, -1CS so +2CS)
· 1st atk (using Claws + Martial Arts D)…. (08) - F#ck! Misses badly;
· 2nd atk….(67), Yellow, no damage but possible Stun extension(?);
· Broodling Stun check… imp't so spending Karma (has 19 remaining). Rolls… (38) which would mean Green result, 1 additional Stun round OR needs 66 for Yellow. Doesn't have the Karma (down 9 now for spending minimum) so Rottie's got another freebie Rd coming up;
· 3rd atk… Rottie launches knee to Broodling's groin…. (88) OUCH!!! (29-6=23 Health) possible added Stun (already 1 round coming)
· Broodling's eyes are glazing over, blood trickling from his toothy maw… declares last 9 pts of Karma towards Stun roll…. (61) and needed a 66 for Yellow - lucky bug! Broodling, "Uhhhnnnnnn…. You… willl…pp..ppaayy…for thisss..."

Rd 21: Broodling Stunned again this round; Rottie regens (10+4=14). Rott, same deal as last round: multi-atks, +3CS to-hit vs. defenseless bugman
· No Init (brood stunned)
· Rott's multi-atk roll… (02) F@CK! One attack still at (+0CS) rolls for Claw attack…. (07) Sh!t… misses badly; how dat possible? Well, Rott's is definitely banged up and barely standing himself so guess it makes sense

Rd 22: Broodling comes to (no more stun). Rottie Regens (14+4=18). Broodling, "Enougggh of thisss nonsensssse!" - takes a massive swing/punch; Rottie Evading
· Rott's Evade roll…. (93!) Evades and +2CS to-hit nxt turn;
· Brood's swing is deftly side-stepped. Rott, "That… all you.. got, bug-breath?"

Rd 23: Rottie regens (18+4=22/114 Health); Broodling Health: 23/90. Rott, goes for Grapple; Broodling taking another full-strength IN 45 power punch
· Init: Rott (4)+5=9; Broodling (3)+1=4
· Rott spends Karma (started with 87, less 41 used = 46 remaining) for the Grapple (NEEDS to lock this madcat up NOW!) and rolls…. Ah shit! Have I been accounting for Rott's "Frenzy" Fight/Strength/Psyche FEAT bonuses? Hmm. Lost track. Ah well. Grapple considered a Str FEAT so will enforce it here (RM to IN)… roll….(84)!! Rottie adds the minimum 10 Karma (36 remaining) for a Full Hold Grapple! Damage inflicted (23-6=17) Rott, "Gave it… your best, bugman, now it's MY TURN!" Broodling, "GAAAKKKkk!!"

Rd 24: Rottie regens (22+4=26 of 114 Health); Broodling 17 of 90. Broodling desperately trying to Escape hold; Rottie will squeeze, and "may perform one action in addition to maintaining the hold"… hmmm. Okay, he'd never do this to a normal human opponent; but since this "thing" doesn't look anything human, Rott will BITE! In addition to squeezing the livin' sh!t out of it.
· Broodling: rolls for Escape… (07) YES! You're still held tight mo fo!
· Rott squeezes (auto Strength damage less Brood's resistance so 17-6=11);
· Now Rottie tries a BITE attack! Rolls… (97) :O HE'S FERAL! Damage + Red possible Kill result. Broodling Health: 11-(30-20)=1 point Health left!
· Broodling checks End. vs Kill effect… (62) E/S result -- Broodling loses 1 Endurance rank and is on the way to meet the maker!

Rd 25: Rottweiler spits the large chunk of flesh torn away from Broodling's neck, letting the unconscious hulking creature collapse to the ground (also regens 26+4=30 Health). Broodling (unconscious and losing Endurance ranks) is checked over and his wounds stabilized by Rottie so as not to continue dying. Endurance loss halted, Broodling will be unconscious another (d10) = 7 hours. "Nasty bugger. I should let you die, but that's not my style. Those sirens I hear mean the boys in blue will be here shortly," (shreds Broodling's wings then stuffs him into a garbage dumpster as a crowd begins to gather and gawk). "That'll keep you for now."

Broodling, *HRRrrrNNNrrrrhhh...*

Rottie spits repeatedly and snarls disgustedly, "Definitely NOT like chicken..."

*walks away, the curious crowd parting before him*

- Fin

FASERIPPED! A play-by-post Marvel adventure

Write-ups: Rottweiler, Hardknox, The Outcasts, Kaela, Magua, The Human Fly

"Don't over think any weapons or powers too much. Try to keep it simple and implement House Rules where you think situations don't make sense, or if the Books don't provide enough details" - TankerAce

"Some rules are just very bad, very poorly thought out, and should simply be discarded because of how completely illogical they are." - Nightmask

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2013 09:29AM by Relic.
July 01, 2013 08:14PM
relic i read the fight was intense,one question though,rott has poor regen correct if so would he not need incredible 40 to regen 4 points a turn on tenths of power. thanks in advance.
July 02, 2013 07:50AM
GILGAMESH Wrote:
> relic i read the fight was intense,one question
> though,rott has poor regen correct

Hey Gil, actually that'd be incorrect winking smiley Far as I recall Rottie has IN Regen & Recovery (i've a link to his write-up just below in the sig)

FASERIPPED! A play-by-post Marvel adventure

Write-ups: Rottweiler, Hardknox, The Outcasts, Kaela, Magua, The Human Fly

"Don't over think any weapons or powers too much. Try to keep it simple and implement House Rules where you think situations don't make sense, or if the Books don't provide enough details" - TankerAce

"Some rules are just very bad, very poorly thought out, and should simply be discarded because of how completely illogical they are." - Nightmask
August 26, 2013 05:30PM
Relic Wrote:
> GILGAMESH Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > relic i read the fight was intense,one
> question
> > though,rott has poor regen correct
>
>
> Hey Gil, actually that'd be incorrect winking smiley Far as I
> recall Rottie has IN Regen & Recovery (i've a link
> to his write-up just below in the sig)

yeah you were right,heyoiooo
August 31, 2013 09:37AM
relic for the win
September 16, 2019 08:58AM
Has it been 6 years?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 40
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.