Team Building Concepts: The Official Create-A-Team Thread

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
Re: Team Building Concepts: The Official Create-A-Team Thread
October 14, 2009 01:59PM
For my 7 person Avengers (take it a few years into the future...)

American Dream (daughter of Captain America and Ms. Marvel)
Dire Wolf (son of Wolverine and Wolfsbane)
Thunderhammer (son of Thorgirl and ?)
Dreadnought (son of Juggernaught and She-Hulk)
Lady Night (daughter of Moon Knight and Darkstar)
Wych (daughter of Doctor Doom and Scarlet Witch)
Predator (son of Sabretooth and Mystique)
November 28, 2009 02:13PM
My Seven man team of choice would have to be...

1): Captain America (Steve Rogers
2): Yankee Clipper
3): Spider-Man (Pre Civil War)
4): MACH 4
5): Quicksilver
6): Task Master (Since he's a T-Bolt guy, the Gov needs their inside guy)
7): Surge (they need a chick and a blaster type person)

I know their fairly close quarters based but these guys are some of the best heroic figures balanced with some pragmatic realistics.
December 02, 2009 04:46PM
Been reading alot of X-Force and was thinking about what kind of team the Avengers could make that would be alone the same lines as X-force, Not a team like the dark avengers that is mostly villians but a team of Avengers that walked the line and could do the things that guys like Captain America could do. Taking out Avengers foes once and for all. For my team im leaving out Wolverine just becasue he is just every where anyways.

US Agent Team lead while he unstable is has been shown to be a decent field leader and is very willing to do what ever needs done including killing

Sandman. While not a cold blooded killer he seem scapible of it and was a former avenger. His relationship with the criminal world could be useful in tracking down avengers villians, Powers like his are also very versitile and good in a fight

MoonKnight his skills and talents would make him perfect for an avensgers team of this nature

War machine. He might not be able to sneak up on anyone, but he packs alot of power.

Lionheart After Excalibur im not sure how close to the line she walks, but still a little extra muscle and and little voie of reason to keep things from getting to far out of hand.

Skein (gypsy moth) never been an avenger but she was part of the 50state initiative. she is kind of dark and her form of telekinesis i have always found interesting so i put her on the team
December 03, 2009 04:42AM
For an A-Force type team that crosses the necessary lines in the name of good that more public Avengers can't cross I'd select...

Wolverine - He's already on every team, what's one more? Plus he's already engaged in these kinds of shadow activities with X-Force. Hand in glove type scenario.

Black Widow - Natasha has never shied away from doing what's necessary when the time has called for it. Her skills as one of the premier spies on the planet are also a perfect fit for this line up.

Moon Knight - It was a good choice. Spector is borderline crazy, which for a group of this nature is very necessary, and as a mercenary knows what it's like when something /needs/ to get even if it's dirty.

Sersi - The hedonistic Eternal may seem like a strange fit, but she's been around a long time. And immortals have a very good understanding of necessary evils. Couple that with the fact that Sersi can have a definate mean streak when using her powers, and I think she'd appreciate the opportunity to cut loose.

Spider Woman - Jessica Drew has played every side of the table. From Hydra, to Madripoor's Royalty, to SHIELD, she has some of the deepest knowledge of the shadowy underbelly of the Marvel U. And while she can be a liability as a double or tripple agent, there are some sharp eyes on her.

Hulk - The team's tac nuke. As Banner, his scientific expertise is invaluable. But he also serves as the perfect distraction when in Hulk form, allowing the others to infiltrate.
December 03, 2009 07:24PM
My world consists of DC/Marvel as if it had always been that way. However there is a giant Marvel twist, most plot points from the Marvel universe are integrated in the campaign. So, Norman Osborn runs Hammer and is cracking down on meta-humans. Tony Stark has decided to take Norman down with a chosen team.

Iron Man's Avengers:
Iron Man
Blood Rayne
Wonder Woman
Wolverine
Hawkeye
Mockingbird
Captain America (Bucky Barnes)
Black Widow

This team is going to infiltrate Avenger's tower and take on the Dark Avengers:

Dark Avengers
Green Goblin
Ms. Marvel (Karla Sophen)
Wolverine (Daken)
Noh-Var
Bullseye
Aries
Venom
The Sentry

Dark Avengers have home field advantage within the Tower. Who wins? Does Osborn get taken down by Tony's strike team or does Osborn bring in the fugitive Stark?
December 04, 2009 04:42AM
I give it to the Dark Avengers. The Sentry is just so much of a trump. Also i'm somewhat biased. Overall, there are more characters I like on Osborne's team than there are on Stark's.

BelleReeve Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My world consists of DC/Marvel as if it had always
> been that way. However there is a giant Marvel
> twist, most plot points from the Marvel universe
> are integrated in the campaign. So, Norman
> Osborn runs Hammer and is cracking down on
> meta-humans. Tony Stark has decided to take
> Norman down with a chosen team.
>
> Iron Man's Avengers:
> Iron Man
> Blood Rayne
> Wonder Woman
> Wolverine
> Hawkeye
> Mockingbird
> Captain America (Bucky Barnes)
> Black Widow
>
> This team is going to infiltrate Avenger's tower
> and take on the Dark Avengers:
>
> Dark Avengers
> Green Goblin
> Ms. Marvel (Karla Sophen)
> Wolverine (Daken)
> Noh-Var
> Bullseye
> Aries
> Venom
> The Sentry
>
> Dark Avengers have home field advantage within the
> Tower. Who wins? Does Osborn get taken down by
> Tony's strike team or does Osborn bring in the
> fugitive Stark?
December 23, 2009 05:42AM
Ok everyone, the boards have been SLOW this week, so let's try and do a fun team building exercise. The challenge: Create your own version of Norman Osborn's Dark Avengers. One should assume that you already have Norman Osborn/Iron Patriot on your squad. The roster i would select is:

Daken --> Wolverine

I like Daken as a character a great deal, and I like the sort of twisted spin he gets from being on a government sponsored team. A spit in the face of everything that is the real Wolverine, whom I hate.

Dark Beast --> Beast

I think that Dark beast is a perfect addition to the team. His intellect is no joke, and his sadistic science is nonetheless effective. There's probably a reason Norman keeps this guy at arm's length because one crazy genius is usually one too many, but i think that he's the perfect person to pervert the true Beast's legacy while providing expertise on and off the field.

Enchantress --> Scarlet Witch

Honestly I think that moonstone has always been a liability. Her ambitions at power are an albatross around the neck of her diverse powerset. But the Enchantress is enough of a Hedonist to go with the flow, so long as Norman throws her a bone every now and again at whatever her agenda is.

Super Adaptioid --> The Vision

Norman is always careful to never allow anyone on to his team that has any real chance at usurping his authority. Which is why Ultron would not make the cut for his 'Vision'. But the Super Adaptoid is infinitely more programmable and subservient and would fit the role quite well.

Ares --> Ares

The God of War was a good choice in the original line up and he's a good choice now. A heavy hitter that has the mercenary mentality needed for the line up. He has his own agenda, but seems content enough to follow orders so long as there's worthy things to put in front of him to hit.
December 24, 2009 10:59AM
A Goblin take on the early avengers

Penrun as Thor h a character id like to see explored a little more in comics

Antman(Eric O'Gradey)

Taskmaster as Captain America

Gargantua as Giantman. Granted he is no Pym but he is good for added muscle to the team

Iron Maniac. who better to imitate Stark than an evil version of Stark from another diminsion.
The Four Seasons
December 24, 2009 11:27AM
Behold the Four Seasons

Winter-Iceman fills up this slot, representing the cold glacial period of winter, the end of fall and the pause to the world until it revives once again.

Spring-Jubilee with her youthful enthusiasm covers Spring, as the spot that transitions out of death of Winter into the revival of nature.

Summer- Johnny Storm/Human Torch covering the period where the world is fully free from the remnants of frozen death and moving forward into the bursting fecundity of plant and animal life as the restraints on life from winter and fall have fallen fully away.

Fall-The hardest to pick, the one who lies in the spot where things are sliding down from the burst of life of Summer and the seeming end to life in the winter. Resting in that spot where nature struggles against what is to come before succumbing to the inevitable. I think this is marked by Dr. Strange, who clearly rests in a cusp between so many things surely he rests between summer and winter.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
December 24, 2009 11:42AM
My Norman Osborn Anti-Avengers:

-Iron Patriot: Norm would make sure he was there to make sure everything worked according to plan. They could use his tech knowledge

-Abomination: For muscle

-Will O' The Wisp: For Recon

-Ares: For a hand in the "greater-than-Earth" aspects of the marvel universe

-Deadpool: For hand-to-hand combat and access to the underworld

-Moonstone: Cool villain, and good ally for Osborn

-Enchantress: For magic, and

-Bullseye: For his madness. Adds to the drama, especially for subplots with Deadpool and Moonstone
December 24, 2009 11:49AM
Nice picks Darkside. Are there any specific roles youd have your anti-avengers fill?

DarksideDoofus Wrote:
> My Norman Osborn Anti-Avengers:
>
> -Iron Patriot: Norm would make sure he was there
> to make sure everything worked according to plan.
> They could use his tech knowledge
>
> -Abomination: For muscle
>
> -Will O' The Wisp: For Recon
>
> -Ares: For a hand in the "greater-than-Earth"
> aspects of the marvel universe
>
> -Deadpool: For hand-to-hand combat and access to
> the underworld
>
> -Moonstone: Cool villain, and good ally for
> Osborn
>
> -Enchantress: For magic, and
>
> -Bullseye: For his madness. Adds to the drama,
> especially for subplots with Deadpool and
> Moonstone
December 24, 2009 12:26PM
Quick breakdown:

Iron Patriot is the evil opposite Iron Man.

Abomination-Hulk

Ares-Thor

Will O'-Henry Pym

Moonstone-Janet Van Dyne

Chantress-Scarlet Witch

Bullseye-Clint Barton

Deadpool-Cap

And just for laughs, why not make Sarah Palin be the official spokeswoman for the team? It'd be great publicity for the book!
December 29, 2009 04:51PM
bored so i just created a Leauge of Losers type team. Just a team made of people that would probably fly under the radar if somebody tired to take out all the major super powers

Scorpion II
Armadillo
Toxin
Captain Ultra
Stingray
Elsa Bloodstone
January 16, 2010 09:34PM
I don't know about "League of Losers" as much as a league of Forgotten Heroes-An Anti-Climatic Avengers-to be that covert group to answer the call when both 'venger teams, and the three X-Men teams, and the FF, and the Agents of Atlas are all strangely doing something else.

Jennifer Cale
Gladiator (The Shi'ar dude)
Tigra
Texas Tornado
Union Jack
White Tiger (the original)
Guardsman
January 17, 2010 07:05AM
DarksideDoofus Wrote:
> I don't know about "League of Losers" as much as a
> league of Forgotten Heroes-An Anti-Climatic
> Avengers-to be that covert group to answer the
> call when both 'venger teams, and the three X-Men
> teams, and the FF, and the Agents of Atlas are all
> strangely doing something else.
>
> Jennifer Cale
> Gladiator (The Shi'ar dude)
> Tigra
> Texas Tornado
> Union Jack
> White Tiger (the original)
> Guardsman
overall i like the team except I dont know if id consider Gladiator a forgotten hero, he is currently the leader of the Shiar empire,but other than that a very good team
February 15, 2010 09:16PM
Here's one for ya-
Let's say you're running a Marvel/DC amalgam universe, Maxwell Lord decides-after the Avengers Dis-assembled storyline and the fall of the JLA-decides to form to teams of Super Powered World Cops-one to protect the Atlantic-based regions and one to form the Pacific major metropolitan areas. The team has to be made of six full-time members and three reserves. Examples:

SPWC Atlantic::

Batman (Leader)
Captain America (2nd)
Spider-Man
Wonder Woman
Superman
Silver Surfer
reserves: Electra, Doctor Strange, and Ghost Rider (Daniel Ketch)

SPWC Pacific

Hawkeye (Leader)
Black Canary (2nd)
Flash
Iron Man
Thor
Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)
reserves: Hawkman, She-Hulk and Capt. Marvel (Shazam)
February 17, 2010 03:02PM
Atlantic
Captain America
Martian Manhunter
Thor
Supergirl
Black Widow
Zantana
Reserves
Spiderman Huntress Stature

Pacific
Superman
Ms Marvel
Hawkgirl
Quasar
Stargirl
Iron Man
Reserves
Nightwing Tigra wonderwoman
February 26, 2010 08:56PM
Lotsa ladies on your teams dacat! Both interesting teams though. Like the adds of younger heroines Stature and Stargirl.
Legion of the Unliving
May 08, 2010 06:23AM
just a team of deceased heroes i thought of using in an adventure

Feral from X-force
Namorita
Black Goliath
Dr Druid
Banshee
Ant-man (Scott Lang)
Ares
October 09, 2010 01:23PM
This goes more to those that are creating their own types of superhero character more then anything else. But when you are either creating your own unique world style campaign, or even if you are making a team of super types to show up in the established Marvel universe, as much as you are going to need your PC's to create stand-outish type characters, if you are judge, then you are going to need to create stand outish type villains to really differentiate your characters from what else is out there.

Two ideas that I have found that work REALLY well for either case that I have listed above, is to incorporate real world types that are notorious and essentially make them into villains (imagine if OJ Simpson and Mike Tyson started recruiting their own legion of evil), or to take people from your own real life that you don't care for too much, and convert them into super-enemies for your players.

Trust me, this works.
March 08, 2011 03:55AM
I've a create-a-team challenge:

You must create your own 'League of Extraordinary gentleman' team, using any character from fiction (save comics!).

Here are the rules:

1. You must pick an era, and stay to that era (IE if you're recreating a Victorian/Edwardian League, you must stay within that era to select characters).

2. The characters cannot be comic book characters, although Pulp characters are acceptable.

3. You're limited to seven members total, but can have as few as three.

4. You can use any nation, and are not limited to British characters.

I'll post my own take shortly grinning smiley

- Jack
March 08, 2011 04:12AM
My LXG:

Set in the 1920s, the team is American, and includes:

1. Tom Swift
2. Nero Wolfe
3. Hugo Danner
4. Harry Houdini
5. An Adult Dorothy Gale
March 08, 2011 01:33PM
My A list team:

Sabra- this is one tough lady and military trained to boot!
Stafox- an Eternal with a way with the ladies 'nuff said
Machine Man-a swiss army knife with a computer brain-awesome
Sting Ray-Every team needs a token water guy
Leir-Celtic God with cool facial hair
Rick Jones-and why not ?
March 08, 2011 04:47PM
My LXG team also American but set in the 1980's

1. Vincent- the NYC sewer dwelling warrior/ poet and beast man
2. Gloria Dinallo-she can smack you with mind bullets
3. Robert McCall-this guy is one scary old dude
4. Austin James-a misanthropic genius and super sleuth
5. The Master-a far eastern expert of the sneaky arts
6. MacGyver- the man can make bombs outta heart pills-oh yeah he is on the roster
March 09, 2011 08:50AM
Oooh! I like that team MW!
March 09, 2011 10:03AM
Thanks Jack. I love the use of Dorothy Gale BTW.
March 09, 2011 10:36AM
My LXG - All the same era (80s) and Genre (TV-Action/Adventure)
1-Johnny 'Johnny B' Bukowski
(Misfits of Science-Electrical Generation/Absorption and Hyper Speed)
2-Gloria 'Glo' Dinallo
(Misfits of Science-Telekinetic and is Courtney Cox - Yowzers)
3-Dr Johnathan 'Manimal' Chase
(Manimal-Players handbook Animal Transformation and scientific Talents)
4-Ralph 'Greatest American Hero' Hinkley
(Greatest American Hero-Numerous powers and abilities gained from red super-suit)
5-Vincent
(Beauty and the Beast-Enhanced FASE and animalistic senses and claws, uncanny ability to get women to swoon over him)
6-Matthew 'E'Hawke' Star
(The Powers of Matthew Star-Astral Projection,Claivoyance, Telepathy, Telekinesis,Transmutation)

Formerly YourHumbleServant

2 things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe ~Albert Einstein

People who advocate foolish or dangerous ideas should not be forcibly silenced, but only as a testament to the greatness of the principle of liberty, NOT because the ideas they advocate have any merit whatsoever. ~Thomas Jefferson

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience ~ Mark Twain

Lady Gaga makes Miley Cyrus look like John Lennon ~ Chris Titus

Government that is big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have..History shows that as government grows..liberty decreases. ~ Thomas Jefferson
March 09, 2011 11:29AM
1790s - 1820s era

The Scarlet Pimpernel
Zorro
Spring Heeled Jack
The Headless Horseman
Davy Crockett

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
March 09, 2011 02:22PM
Both are great teams too! I love the 80s, and the inclusion of the headless horseman!
March 16, 2011 10:26PM
My LXG (early 20th century)

Doc Savage (leader) L.Dent?
Patricia Savage (markswoman, pilot and eye-candy)
The Shadow (psychic vigilante) W.B.Gibson
Jules de Grandin (occult specialist) S.Quinn
Kip Morgan (prizefighter detective) L.L'Amour
Steve Costigan (boxing, sailing and drinking) R.E.Howard

'Shhh. My common sense is tingling'

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 36
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.