>
> Well, as far as I can recall, the movies have
> shown Tony Stark to be a drinker in all of the
> Iron Man movies as well as in the Avengers movie,
> too, but the closest the films have come to
> "alcoholic" is when Tony pretended to be drunk
> (Iron Man 2) in order to "fight" Rhodey and give
> the other man the opportunity to "take" the suit
> that would allow Rhodey to become War Machine.
>
> However, I haven't had the occasion to see Iron
> Man 3 yet, so I don't know if his drinking is
> shown to be a factor for anything in that one.
>
> 8)

Thank you for that information! Yeah, when he took a drink of alcohol in "Iron Man" or the "Avengers" I had to do a double-take smiling smiley

"Most regular superhero books are designed to go on forever; of course, very few of them do, but the point is they are trying to throw mud against the wall and hope it will stick, and most of it slides off." Garth Ennis.
Re: Team Building Concepts: The Official Create-A-Team Thread
December 16, 2013 06:21AM
Alivia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rob Storm Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> {Snippage has occurred}
> >
> > Stark was an alcoholic, something he constantly
> had to
> > deal with. This menaced him several times in
> the
> > comics but to my knowledge hasn't appeared in
> the
> > movies.
> >
>
> Well, as far as I can recall, the movies have
> shown Tony Stark to be a drinker in all of the
> Iron Man movies as well as in the Avengers movie,
> too, but the closest the films have come to
> "alcoholic" is when Tony pretended to be drunk
> (Iron Man 2) in order to "fight" Rhodey and give
> the other man the opportunity to "take" the suit
> that would allow Rhodey to become War Machine.

There wasn't any faking to it, Stark was definitely drunk and responded like a drunk would when someone tries to order him around (and showed what an idiot looking for a fight Rhodey was escalating things going after a suit to play 'who has the bigger one?' which you don't do with drunks unless you're wanting a fight).

> However, I haven't had the occasion to see Iron
> Man 3 yet, so I don't know if his drinking is
> shown to be a factor for anything in that one.
>
> 8)

Nothing in IM3 to suggest any sort of alcoholism on his part, he had PTSD from Avengers and was manically throwing himself into building variant IM armors to keep from going completely insane.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
January 29, 2014 12:45AM
Okay, let's try a new team idea:

The Fantastic Four need replacements... again. Who comes together to replace the old team and why?

I'll start off with a crazy idea of all mutants.

Beast takes the lead as the team genius, and while he doesn't have Mr. Fantastic's ability to stretch and withstand damage, he's agile and jumps around a lot to give him the extra reach and is stronger than Reed, so he's tougher in his own way.

Shadowcat takes the place of the Invisible Woman. She can't go invisible or create force fields, but she can walk through walls (and enemy damage) as well as protecting allies by making them intangible as well.

Sunfire takes the Human Torch's place because I like the idea of keeping a fire guy on the team.

Colossus takes the Thing's place because living steel seems like an upgrade to a walking pile of rocks; and they need someone on the team that can do that level of heavy lifting. Granted, he won't be as charming as old blue-eyed Ben, but I think he'd scare fewer people because he doesn't always look like a monster what with being able to power down at will.

My first instinct for Torch's replacement was Storm since she can fly and can also blast from a distance with the lightning, but I chose to skip on X-Men who've been part of the team before (her and Wolverine both), though that's just my preference --not a requirement.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
January 30, 2014 03:26PM
I like that team, and its kind of a tough one to top.

My suggestion is:

1. The Black Panther: brains, stealth, skills, fighting ability, resources and technology.

2. Wonderman: flight, top end toughness strength and durability.

3. Storm: flight, multiple attack methods and overall raw power.

4. Wolverine: training, fighting ability, tracking, toughness and making a good fastball for Simon to throw.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2014 03:27PM by airedale.
November 05, 2014 11:42AM
Not sure this is better then the others.

Dr Strange (replace tech with Magic)
Ice Man (not fire but very versatile)
I like Shadow Cat
Would go with She-Hulk as she has filled in before.
November 05, 2014 08:41PM
Mike@ Wrote:
> Not sure this is better then the others.
>

Its not really about "better" so much as it is about different creative thought processes.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
The All One Type Team
November 05, 2014 09:19PM
Going by a recent storyarc in PS238, where one of the young students finds herself effectively drafted into leading a team of other supers all with the same power-set as she has (FISS-Flight/Invulnerability/Strength/Speed) What 4-6 man team would you put together around a particular set of powers going on the 'they all have the same powers just at different ranks' theme?

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
November 06, 2014 01:05AM
Thing, Colossus , She Hulk, and Luke Cage
November 17, 2014 03:09PM
I like that team for the most part.Even though they all have the same type of powers, they are very different characters. I think they each would bring a quality to the team that would form a great unity.The only thing i would change. i would replace the Thing or Cage with Doc Sampson.
The Thing and Cage are to alike for me. Both are from tough streets They kind of have the tough guy from the streets with a big heart thing going on.I like the Thing better so i would go with him.
The Thing, reasons stated above
Doc Sampson, he adds a little brains to the group.
She Hulk, she is just the bad ass woman of the team who is also fairly smart (plus it never hurts to have a lawyer handy)
Colossus, The gentle power house, probably my favorite strongman character
November 17, 2014 07:08PM
Let's see... I think I'll go with mind control.

• Corruptor, powerful chemical mind altering ability at a touch.
  • Enchantress, magical mind control plus a heavy-handed helping of sexy.
  • Persuader, hypnotic mind control.
  • Puppet Man, sympathetic control via radioactive clay effigies.
  • Purple Man, pheromone-based mind control.

Between the lot of them, they should be able to control whatever threat opposes them and turn it against what few might be able to resist their combined powers. The only question is, would they work together or would they be constantly vying for control of each other?

What? You didn't say the team had to be heroes.

November 18, 2014 04:01AM
geekgirl Wrote:
> I like that team for the most part.Even though
> they all have the same type of powers, they are
> very different characters. I think they each would
> bring a quality to the team that would form a
> great unity.The only thing i would change. i would
> replace the Thing or Cage with Doc Sampson.
> The Thing and Cage are to alike for me. Both are
> from tough streets They kind of have the tough
> guy from the streets with a big heart thing going
> on.I like the Thing better so i would go with
> him.
> The Thing, reasons stated above
> Doc Sampson, he adds a little brains to the
> group.
> She Hulk, she is just the bad ass woman of the
> team who is also fairly smart (plus it never hurts
> to have a lawyer handy)
> Colossus, The gentle power house, probably my
> favorite strongman character

I was debating replacing Luke with Beast but I like yours better
The All-Female Team
February 06, 2015 02:34PM
Given the deal with Marvel's A-Force how about presenting your idea for an all-female team of 4-6 members and how you think they'd end up partnering to create their own super team. We can certainly do better than Marvel.

-- Peter David

February 06, 2015 06:42PM
Daughters of the Dragon (Colleen & Misty) were a great duo. When they started up Heroes For Hire, they added Black Cat and Tarantula (whatever happened to Tarantula)? It worked... and when they added Shang Chi and that bug guy, it was fine. I think a good way to go is to start with women that normally work together so it doesn't feel forced.

I'm going to go with an all female Fantastic Four, featuring Invisible Woman, Crystal, Medusa, and She-Thing, and they all come together to inspire hope by keeping the Fantastic Four name in the public eye after all men on the planet have died off for some mysterious reason.

Medusa's hair doesn't have quite the reach that Mr. Fantastic's stretching, but she would be his replacement, while Crystal's elemental powers makes her the Torch's replacement, and She-Thing replaces original Thing. I considered She-Hulk and Storm as more popular characters, but with all men on the planet dead, the Avengers and X-Men are going to need every woman so they'd probably refuse. Killing off every man on the planet seems like a good, logical way to bring together a team of women-only superheroes without seeming like they're being exclusive for the sake of exclusion.

February 09, 2015 02:19PM
All men are dead or just a certain percentage? cause Like on that episode of Slider where country were fighting for viral men, I am sure i am among the survivors!!
February 09, 2015 04:53PM
Well, in my scenario, they're all dead. I kind of ripped off the idea from an old DC Comic where all the men on earth died off from some virus or something. Can't remember the name of it now. I vaguely recall Barbara Gordon getting to walk again as she was given Green Lantern's power ring.

February 09, 2015 05:59PM
Thrudjelmer Wrote:
> Well, in my scenario, they're all dead. I kind of
> ripped off the idea from an old DC Comic where all
> the men on earth died off from some virus or
> something. Can't remember the name of it now. I
> vaguely recall Barbara Gordon getting to walk
> again as she was given Green Lantern's power ring.

Sadly can't quite remember the title (for some reason I think 'Born Equal' but probably not right). Superman left behind some 'material' to provide for continuing the human race who'll naturally all end up half Kryptonian and the super-powered females monopolize it for themselves (the ONLY normal human who ever gets to have a child we see in the story is Lois and that's only because she was Clark's wife). Lex Luthor managed to be the only person to protect himself from it due to being Properly Paranoid (have to wonder how the cloud managed to kill all those Superhuman males that weren't Superman since some others should have survived).

Due to the HORRENDOUSLY bad judgement of putting a man-hating Amazon in charge of raising the male offspring (who unlike the females all had identical power-sets, which gives the bizarre impression that the X chromosome carries the Superman power-set) which makes it really REALLY easy for Lex Luthor to poison the males secretly against the females and spark a massive battle. It ends with Lex dead, Superman trying to reconcile things with his first son but no longer a carrier of the death plague (his exposure left him a Typhoid Mary) and discovering Lex's stash of clone babies based from himself as his method of repopulating the Earth.

So for that Elseworlds all of humanity after that point is descended from either Superman or Lex Luthor, so lots of inbreeding concerns, and easily a billion women thinking 'Hey I want to be able to have a child too stop hoarding!'.

-- Peter David

April 01, 2015 06:31PM
Nightmask Wrote:
> So for that Elseworlds all of humanity after that
> point is descended from either Superman or Lex
> Luthor, so lots of inbreeding concerns, and easily
> a billion women thinking 'Hey I want to be able to
> have a child too stop hoarding!'.

I read recently that scientists have found a way to create egg and sperm cells from from the stem cells of two adults, even of the same sex. If those women put their minds to it, they could have found a way to continue the species without men at all.

Okay, let's try a new team idea: Let's see what kind of team you can make from old and/or obscure characters. If they could bring Jessica Drew Spider-Woman, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist back from obscurity and make them relevant, core members of the Avengers, who do you think you could the same with? Not necessarily Avengers, but whatever.

April 04, 2015 01:13AM
Thrudjelmer Wrote:
> Okay, let's try a new team idea: Let's see what
> kind of team you can make from old and/or obscure
> characters. If they could bring Jessica Drew
> Spider-Woman, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist back from
> obscurity and make them relevant, core members of
> the Avengers, who do you think you could the same
> with? Not necessarily Avengers, but whatever.

Since they making an all girl avengers, i thught i would make one of some forgotten ladies
1. Firebird
2. Tigra
3. Nina the Vampire by night
4. Sersi
5 Songbird
6 Diamond Back
April 07, 2015 01:59PM
Want to choose your own Defenders?

Daredevil
Black Widow
Moon Knight
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Jessica Jones
April 07, 2015 02:01PM
Would you like to design the perfect Avengers roster?

I like jerks ... so I'd go:

Justice
Quicksilver
Moondragon
Namor
USAgent
Sunfire
XSE
April 24, 2015 12:46PM
The New York Rangers
Spider-Man
The Thing
Daredevil
Blade
The Punisher
Doctor Strange
Luke Cage
May 12, 2015 07:45PM
I never tried one of these team building exercises before, someone please feel free to pick out the pros and cons of my roster selection.

Avengers style team
---------------------------

Adam Warlock (team leader)
Captain Marvel (Billy Batson)
Captain Marvel II (Monica Rambeau)
Mr. Miracle (Scott Free)
The Atom (Ray Palmer)
Devil Slayer (Eric Payne)
Saturn Girl (Imra Ardeen)

One world of adventure is never enough.
May 20, 2015 10:44AM
I like the idea of obscure Avengers.....

1. Thundra
2. Ulysses Bloodstone
3. Jennifer Kale
4. Texas Twister
5. Omega the Unknown
6. It the Living Colossus
7. Starbolt from the Imperial Guard.
May 26, 2015 12:32PM
My Obscure Avengers:

Razorback
Lila Cheney
Torpedo
Howard The Duck
Black Crow
Sharon Ventura
Midnight Sun
Time displaced Avengers
August 08, 2015 07:25AM
Spiderman 2099
Dargo (future Thor)
Cable
Rachel Grey
Iron Lad
XSE
August 31, 2015 08:41AM
X-Gene Sentai Heromon
Silver Samurai
Sunfire
Jubilee
Hiro Takachiko
Red Ronin
September 23, 2015 02:36PM
Time for a throwback: Define a new Champions of L.A. team

The original consisted of Angel, Black Widow, Ghost Rider, Hercules, and Iceman. Two mutants, one super spy, one Olympian god, and one demonic biker... They did fine together in their short run, but despite this, they were considered something of a joke even in continuity.

When Captain America first reformed the Avengers with Spider-Man, Luke Cage, and others, Maria Hill tried to forbid it, and Cap invoked his Champion license which allows him the President-granted authority to assemble any team for any reason at any time, and that outranked her authority... and Spider-Man quipped about not wanting to join a new Champions team. I also vaguely recall after the Great Lakes Avengers renamed themselves the Great Lakes X-Men (when they realized they were all mutants), and they showed up at some heroes' poker game announcing themselves and someone telepathic knocked the idea of using that name right out of their head... so they on the spot decided to use the name Great Lakes Defenders, and Dr. Strange was quick to magically change their minds... so then they changed it to the Great Lakes Champions and no one gave a crap.

Anyhow, pick five characters that don't seem like they should fit together but would still make a good team as the New Champions.

September 27, 2015 09:25AM
Thrudjelmer Wrote:
> Time for a throwback: Define a new Champions of
> L.A. team
>
> The original consisted of Angel, Black Widow,
> Ghost Rider, Hercules, and Iceman. Two mutants,
> one super spy, one Olympian god, and one demonic
> biker... They did fine together in their short
> run, but despite this, they were considered
> something of a joke even in continuity.
>
> When Captain America first reformed the Avengers
> with Spider-Man, Luke Cage, and others, Maria Hill
> tried to forbid it, and Cap invoked his Champion
> license which allows him the President-granted
> authority to assemble any team for any reason at
> any time, and that outranked her authority... and
> Spider-Man quipped about not wanting to join a new
> Champions team. I also vaguely recall after the
> Great Lakes Avengers renamed themselves the Great
> Lakes X-Men (when they realized they were all
> mutants), and they showed up at some heroes' poker
> game announcing themselves and someone telepathic
> knocked the idea of using that name right out of
> their head... so they on the spot decided to use
> the name Great Lakes Defenders, and Dr. Strange
> was quick to magically change their minds... so
> then they changed it to the Great Lakes Champions
> and no one gave a crap.
>
>
> Anyhow, pick five characters that don't seem like
> they should fit together but would still make a
> good team as the New Champions.

Moon Knight
Volstagg
Spiderman 2099
Satana
Storm
September 29, 2015 05:28AM
That is a great line-up! Volstagg as an Avenger is cool!
September 29, 2015 05:31AM
My champions:

1. Troll (From the recent Thunderbolts series)
2. Cypher (Doug Ramsey)
3. Ravage 2099
4. Sunturion
5. Clea

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 32
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.