Team Building Concepts: The Official Create-A-Team Thread

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
Re: Team Building Concept: Who is your Infinity Watch?
May 27, 2008 01:00PM
This team rocks the party, that rocks the party! It's so good that I have to re think the one I was going to post.

-------------------------------------------------------
> POWER GEM- Hercules the Prince or power

This is a perfect choice, for many reasons. But basically it's like having a battle honed Hulk (which is who I chose), without all that pesky rage and personality issues.

> TIME GEM- Kiden Nixon young and inexperenced but
> with the gem boosting her powers and guidence from
> other team members she could be a very effective
> character

What little I know about her, makes her a very interesting choice.

> MIND GEM-Rachel Summers Phoenix backed by the mind
> gem need i say more

Nope. I get it.

> SPACE GEM- Gateway once again mainy just to
> enhance his current power

This one blows my mind. Can't believe I didn't come up with that.

> REALITY GEM- Dr Strange i think a skilled magic
> user would be the best fit for the reality gem

He was my choice as well.

> SOUL GEM-Valkyrie (Brunnhilde) she deals with the
> souls of Asgardians that fall in battle and i
> think that expernce would be helpful in mastering
> the sould gem

Again this one is sweet, and I can't believe I didn't choose her.

> I think anyone would be hard pressed to take the
> gems from this team and with their powers enhanced
> by the gems i think even alot of cosmic beings
> would think twice before trying to take them

Agreed. Bravo!

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
May 27, 2008 01:05PM
glad you liked
Joe
May 28, 2008 05:31AM
Time - Multiple Man
Soul - Shang Chi
Mind - Doc Samson
Reality - Longshot
Space - Pulsar (Monica Rambeau)
Power - Ms. Marvel/Binary
May 28, 2008 06:01AM
Joe Wrote:
> Time - Multiple Man
> Soul - Shang Chi
> Mind - Doc Samson
> Reality - Longshot
> Space - Pulsar (Monica Rambeau)
> Power - Ms. Marvel/Binary

interesting team,
Multiple man could send himself to every know time period the life experence he would gain that way would be interesting.
A Dr of the mind with the mind gem i could see that working
Ms Marvel i think is a better choice than Drax was for the power gem
I think Shang Chi could avoid becomming corruted by the soul gem
im curious about what you are thinking Longshot or Pulsar could do with their gems
Re: Q-Class Tribute!!!
May 28, 2008 08:52AM
Nightmask Wrote:
> Nice tribute although I think considering Mr.
> Happy the only gem I'd feel safe with him having
> is the Power Gem, the rest are too helpful for his
> prankish nature. grinning smiley

Sure give him the power gem! And the Hulk will long for the days of just aving the army bother him. He'd shapechange into a little old lady and punk out Hercules in public. Thanos, now there's a guy who needs to be pranked by someone invicible. Oh the possibilities are endless. Any infinity gem in his hands is a recipe for mischief.
Joe
May 28, 2008 05:46PM
dacat75 Wrote:
> Joe Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Time - Multiple Man
> > Soul - Shang Chi
> > Mind - Doc Samson
> > Reality - Longshot
> > Space - Pulsar (Monica Rambeau)
> > Power - Ms. Marvel/Binary
>
>
> interesting team,
> Multiple man could send himself to every know time
> period the life experence he would gain that way
> would be interesting.
> A Dr of the mind with the mind gem i could see
> that working
> Ms Marvel i think is a better choice than Drax was
> for the power gem
> I think Shang Chi could avoid becomming corruted
> by the soul gem
> im curious about what you are thinking Longshot or
> Pulsar could do with their gems

I just think it would be interesting to see Longshot and his power amplified and supplemented with the Reality Gem and its powers. The same with Pulsar and her space travel powers used with the Space Gem. Also I think Ms. Marvel with the Power Gem will give you Super Binary.
May 28, 2008 05:54PM
As if Binary isn't super enough, imagine her with the Power Gem! the finger smiley

Dude, she would be smacking Heralds of Galactus around like they were kindergardeners, treating Thor and Hercules like boy toys, among other strange and wonderful feats.

I'm a fan of Carol's. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
May 28, 2008 06:02PM
LOL

No TLD my friend you're not a fan of Carols.

You're a whore for her, you poor thing eye rolling smiley

Yosef
June 04, 2008 12:59PM
So. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
June 04, 2008 02:12PM
Yosef Wrote:
> Reality - Jackie Estecado, The Darkness
>
> Imagine the world change into a Shadow born
> reflection of the sex mad Jackie Estacado, full of
> Darklings and all manner of delightful evils...
>
> Then ring Mephisto and say how you miss the 'good
> old days.'
>
> Power - Holocaust
>
> Pure energized power granted even more Power,
> coupled with his rage and love of carnage and
> well, lets all just hope there's a universe left
> when he's done thats bigger than a dust mote.
>
> Soul - Spawn
>
> Spawn is the defacto Third God, the option between
> God and the Devil, and if your soul survived the
> pleasures of Jackies Earth and the ravages of
> Holocausts War, maybe a break with an aloof but
> caring Simmons might soothe your days in the
> afterlife.
>
> Mind - Joker
>
> Do i really have to spell it out...
>
> Space - Doom
>
> Saves him building all the Doombots.
>
> Seriously though, for a man obssessed with
> knowledge, power and seeing his dead mother, being
> everywhere at once is a great way to learn
> everything...fast.
>
> Time - Magneto
>
> Finally he can deal with that pain of the
> Holocaust first hand, maybe even reshape the world
> into his perfect future.
>
> Yosef

Actually, looking back at this team...

.....one thing about it that likely does work, is that you have the gems being guarded by characters from different universes. Some of them Image, some DC, and of course Marvel. There was something about the gems design that made them useless in the DC Universe if I remember correctly, so it might be a good strategy to store like half of them there. With someone responsible of course. (The Joker - moody smiley)

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
June 05, 2008 07:48PM
I mainly picked them running on my favorite all round characters from comic books i own and love.

Power is the most flexible Gem, i gave it to Holocaust simply because he's one of my favorite villians (son of Apocolypse and all) but after thinking about it i'd give it to the one and only:

Victor Creed - Sabertooth.

i think maybe he'd be even more terrifying as its bearer. the finger smiley

Mind for the Joker came from reading the Crossover Hulk vs Batman comic in which a Cosmic Being capable of making any creatures dreams a reality, but with no imagination of his own, is tricked into giving the Joker his Power.

That was a blast.

Bats beat him by making him have a 'Bat-mare', surficed to say he gave it all up.

Actaully come to think of it that sounds very familiar, maybe Mr.Happy should read that comic book winking smiley

Yosef
June 07, 2008 02:48AM
Yosef Wrote:
> I mainly picked them running on my favorite all
> round characters from comic books i own and love.
>
> Power is the most flexible Gem, i gave it to
> Holocaust simply because he's one of my favorite
> villians (son of Apocolypse and all) but after
> thinking about it i'd give it to the one and
> only:
>
> Victor Creed - Sabertooth.
>
> i think maybe he'd be even more terrifying as its
> bearer. the finger smiley

There goes my sleep tonight. eye popping smiley LOL.

> Mind for the Joker came from reading the Crossover
> Hulk vs Batman comic in which a Cosmic Being
> capable of making any creatures dreams a reality,
> but with no imagination of his own, is tricked
> into giving the Joker his Power.

Ah, at least there was something to it other than just sheer insanity on your part. ;-)

> That was a blast.
>
> Bats beat him by making him have a 'Bat-mare',
> surficed to say he gave it all up.
>
> Actaully come to think of it that sounds very
> familiar, maybe Mr.Happy should read that comic
> book winking smiley

Let's not give that guy any ideas. smiling bouncing smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
TLD's Infinity Watch
June 07, 2008 06:15AM
Alright, here’s my choices for character to guard the Infinity Gems:

Mind Gem — Bruce Banner would be my choice for this gem, for a couple of reasons. First, he’s one of the most brilliant minds in the Marvel Universe. Those smarts combined with the use of this gem, and I see him being a potent force. Second, in the event that he needs greater physical power to guard the gem he can always willingly transform into the Hulk, all the while keeping his head together.

Power Gem — I’d entrust this gem’s safekeeping to Carol Danvers in her Binary phase. She’s outrageously powerful and generally a good hero, having the brains and guts needed to get the job done. I’m pretty sure that even if she was in her Ms. Marvel phase of power, with this gem, she could quickly return to her Binary levels and beyond.

Soul Gem — I’ve got to go with Adam Warlock on this one, as I feel no one knows this gem better than he does. Having been the wielder of the Infinity Gauntlet at one time, he is in a particularly good position to wield a single gem skillfully and carefully. His knowledge of their potency would make sure that no one ever put them together again.

Reality Gem — I’m thinking that The Shaper of Worlds would be an interesting choice for the guardian of this gem. It would certainly be a perfect fit for him in terms of power set, and I think he’s more than capable of keeping it safe. Not many villains, that I can think of, would be able to wrest the gem from him.

Time Gem — Thor the Asgardian God of Thunder is my keeper for this gem. Mjolnir used to have the ability to open portals for travel through time, but Immortus drained this enchantment from it. This would be a fancy way of getting that ability back and getting an awesomely powerful guardian like Thor. He very capable and really could be a protector of any of the gems.

Space Gem — The Silver Surfer has had the unpleasant experience of having the Infinity Gems used against him by Thanos. So, for me, he’s an obvious choice as gem bearer. As one of the most powerful and noble characters in comics, and someone who knows well the terror of such power in the wrongs hands, he’s perfect for the job.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
June 08, 2008 06:24PM
I can see why you took so long to come up with this list TLD.

You put a lot of thought into it, and i can see three characters i just know you absolutely adore, and just coincidently would rock as the holders of the Gems tongue sticking out smiley

Killer group for it, those six together as a Team would make any Villian after the Gems stop, back his bags, and start milk farming in Bangladesh rather.

Bravo grinning smiley

Yosef

"Trust is for the foolish and the dead."
The Undying
June 08, 2008 07:22PM
Thanks brother. Yeah, I'm pretty stupid over Hulk, Silver Surfer, and Thor, and I enjoyed Adam Warlock mostly for his roll in the Infinity Gauntlet story.

While The Shaper of Worlds is not really a favorite of mine, I think he's absolutely perfect for the job in almost every way, and I was kind of nodding at a friend of mine with that choice too. smiling smiley Honestly I thought of giving that gem to Thanos because he's one of my favorite villains of all time, and would definitely be capable of protecting the gem. Of course he's the kind of guy you'd be trying to protect it from I guess, depending on how you look at it. But I thought it a brilliant move when Adam Warlock entrusted the gem to him when he chose people for the Infinity Watch.

Carol is a funny thing for me because I was never really a fan before I joined The Rook's game. Now I think she is awesome, but prefer he cosmic level Binary form, which I why I mentioned that in my choice description. smiling bouncing smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
June 08, 2008 07:41PM
Yeah mon ami, i get the Carol thing 100%.

I got my own 'Once Despised' who i now am in the process of collecting ever comic that ever featured them, all because of an exceptionally represented character by a overwhelmingly talented GM.

Hard to find a good Marvel game, but when you do, its better than *heroine.

Yosef

*disclaimer: I have no idea what heroine is like but it seems appropraitte a fascimile eye rolling smiley

The Undying
June 08, 2008 07:51PM
Ms. Marvel is a heroine. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
June 08, 2008 08:31PM
LOL okay okay, THAT kids is why you don't mix Heroin and E tongue sticking out smiley

Or rather, why you do the finger smiley

Yosef

The Undying
Marvel Justice League
June 25, 2008 01:58PM
bored and figured id make a marvel Justice League based on Earth 616 characters and not the Squadron Supreme.
I tried to mix it up a little bit by not using some obvious choices such as Sentry for Superman, Quasar for Green Lantern, Vision for Red Tornado, or Quicksilver for Flash

my team is Current Justice League
Captain Britian Superman
Moon Knight Batman
Ms Marvel Wonder Woman
Darkstar Green Lantern
SongBird Black Canary
Hawkeye (Kate Bishop) Red Arrow
M-11 Red Tornado
Catiana Vixon
Living Lightning Black Lightning
Falcon Hawk Girl
Spitefire Flash
Fire Star Fire Storm
Re: Marvel Justice League
June 25, 2008 02:16PM
sorry it looks so sloopy i put alot of spaces inbetween the names but for some reason they didnt post so let me clean it up a littl bit
my team is..................................Current Justice League
Captain Britian.............................Superman
Moon Knight................................Batman
Ms Marvel...................................Wonder Woman
Darkstar......................................Green Lantern
SongBird.....................................Black Canary
Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)................Red Arrow
M-11...........................................Red Tornado
Catiana.......................................Vixon
Living Lightning............................Black Lightning
Falcon........................................Hawk Girl
Spitefire......................................Flash
Fire Star.....................................Fire Storm
Re: Marvel Justice League
June 25, 2008 02:30PM
The system does seem a tad driven to remove what it thinks are extra spaces from a post (can't even have the standard two space gap between sentences in a paragraph). Interesting line-up although do you actually mean Vixen rather than Vixon and Spitfire instead of Spitefire? Also who's Catiana and what are her powers?

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
Re: Team Building Concepts: The Official Create-A-Team Thread
June 25, 2008 02:52PM
yeah vixen and spitfire sorry about the spelling another day of sandbagging has left me tired...not that im a good speller to begin with...lol
Catiana real name is Tatiana Caban she is a mutant from the NYX series that introduced X-23 she has the powers to gain animal like abilities from animal blood. Like if she touches the blood of a cat she becoems a cat like creature with claws and cat like agility, if she gets dog blood on her she becomes a dog like creature with dog like senses. In NYX she after getting cats blood on her she started calling herself Catiana. She really is a cool character and i hope the rumors are true that she is joining the Initiative, she is to cool of a character to be forgotten IMO.
June 25, 2008 03:04PM
Somewhat like how Animal Man was at one point, getting his animal powers from whatever animal was nearby only Catiana copies attributes on contact. Does she only get one animal's powers at a time and what kind of duration does she have? Also I'd think wolfsbane (depending on the version) might fit better since she's of a one-animal format (although I guess that also depends on which version of Vixen).

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
Cosmos Cubed - The Dream Team
June 26, 2008 02:54PM
Here's one I've wanted to do for a while.

If you already knew the dangers you'd be facing in Cosmos Cubed, the first mission of the cosmic trilogy, what four or eight character team would you put together to be successful. Who you choose can come from anywhere, but should not exceed the power class of the pre-generated characters chosen for the module: Thor, Nova, Silver Surfer, Doctor Strange, Firelord, Beta Ray Bill, Mantis, and Gladiator.

As usual, I'll post my team later, after others have taken a shot at it. cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
Re: Cosmos Cubed - The Dream Team
June 26, 2008 04:11PM
Well let's see, I'd been considering doing a story using the Cosmos Cubed and a mix of my characters and main marvel characters. I had in mind Silver Surfer, Starfox, Frostfire, Dr. Strange, Nixia, Gadget, Thor, and Nightmask. Comes with two gods (Thor and Nixia) who'd be familiar with the cosmic, two Power Cosmic-enhanced beings (Silver Surfer, Starfox), two powerful mages with experience in other realms (Dr. Strange, Gadget), an actual reformed demon (Frostfire) and a cosmic class psionic (Nightmask). Lots of brains in the group as well and a wide variety of talents and powers to win through to the end for the best results of everyone.

-- Peter David

June 27, 2008 12:19PM
i have been thinking of an exiles based team that would be used for High powered adventures and i think it might work well with the cosmic cubed story

Magni Son of Thor and the Enchantress from an alternate future

Thena Daughter of Thor from MC2 universe i figure it could be interesting to see what kind of sibling rivalry develops from brother/sister from diferent realities

Dazzler Herald Of Galactus from What if Dazzler remained a Herald.

Sue Storm from Fantastic Four The End older more powerful version than the current Sue Storm would probably be team mentor

Rancor great great grandaughter of Wolverine from the original Guardians of the Galaxy series this version would be heroic much like the sabertooth of the Exiles would act as the "scout" of the team

Spiderman 2099 i wish he would have stayed with the exiles so i added him to my team other "scout" for team and scientist

Arno Stark Iron man 2020 his armor could be upgraded by Spiderman 2099 and Rancors knowledge of future tech and genetics
June 27, 2008 02:08PM
The 8 characters I would pick are the current Nova (Richard Rider), Ares, Firelord, Magnus from the Exiles (son of Rogue and Magnto), Makkari from the Eternals, Doc Magus from MC2, Nate Grey, and finish with Mimic from the Exiles. This I think would be a decent group. As always I remain Weapon T.
June 27, 2008 02:48PM
Hmmm I hadn't thought in terms of a cross-reality team for that story but Dazzler IS a very nice choice and I loved that timeline. I know given a choice she'd be a first-draft for a team that was allowing such cosmic-class characters onto it (although it'd have to be a divergence from that story since we know she went millions of years in apparently uneventful service to him before that finale).

-- Peter David

June 27, 2008 07:20PM
yeah i always liked the idea of Dazzler juiced up with the power cosmic
Infinity Watch
June 27, 2008 10:22PM
I chose my holders as people I thought would be least tempted to use the powers of the gems poorly and also who would be very good at guarding said gems. I already know that Nightmask is gonna disagree with my choice for the time gem and I do understand his reasons why.

Mind Gem: Karnak
This Inhuman is quiet, contemplative and always thinks before he acts. Having spent his life in mental and physical training Karnak has the wisdom and discipline required to properly use and safeguard the Mind Gem.

Space Gem: Quasar
Already the Protector of the Universe, the Space Gem allows Quasar to be a more effective guardian. The ability to move either himself instantly to a crisis, or entire populations to saftey would be quite a boon.

Soul Gem: Dr Strange
Strange is already the caretaker of many items of cosmic level power, and the Soul Gem just seems to be the perfect fit for him out of the six IMO.

Power Gem: Ikarus
The Eternal warrior is incredibly noble and nearly indestructable already. His millenia log lifespan has given him perspective. So aI feel he would not be one to abuse this power but eith safeguard it or use it noblely.

Time Gem: Mr Fantastic
Despite all of the recent Civil War events, I still think Reed is the best man for the job here. No one else on earth has a better understanding of temporal mechanics except Dr Doom. Plus it would be handy to be able to counter Doom's muckings about in time. And I feel again, despite recent event, Reed is far less likely to ever use the gem than to merely keep it safe.

Reality Gem: Molecule Man
Owen Reece already has insanely vast powers, his placid nature ensures that he will not abuse the gem. Even without the gem's powers he makes a capable guardian for it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 29
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.