May 17, 2008 08:26PM
Nightmask Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Chance is also terrified of being made to look and
> act like a girl.

Of course. Why are you mentioning it?

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
Re: Create your own Avengers
May 17, 2008 08:35PM
Something to keep in mind putting her into a group if you want her working effectively. Well unless you're like Marvel and don't care for continuity.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
Joe
May 17, 2008 09:11PM
Nightmask Wrote:
> It's a derogatory term applied to people for
> playing in an agressive manner or trying to get it
> all over everyone else.
>
> [en.wikipedia.org]
> ing_games%29
>
> It's a form of powergaming but like many such
> derogatory terms it often gets applied to people
> and situations totally inappropriate for the term
> just in order to tear someone down.

I would say that I am a power-leveler/brain/rules lawyer. I real life, I am interested in becoming a lawyer, so it does fit for me. smiling smiley
May 17, 2008 09:19PM
*chuckles* Well you don't want to be accused of that if you want to find a game to play in. I've had plenty of aspersions cast my way just because the characters I post tend to have high power ranks by people who've never RPd with me or had any justification for it beyond being judgemental twits. Makes me really miss The_Rook's game as he was a superb GM and made it fun for all of us and we all got along just fine. It was great getting to cut loose and RP with such fine people and make their day like they made mine.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
May 18, 2008 09:39AM
The new Avengers team in the Marvel game I'm running currently (the in-game continuity is decidedly non-canon).

Captain America (Steve Rogers): Team Leader.
Iron Man.
Spider-Man.
Blink (Post AoA, never a member of the Exiles).
Spider-Woman.
Luke Cage.
Cannonball.
Wolfsbane.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2008 05:25AM by realmrunner.
May 18, 2008 07:28PM
Interesting lineup. 8 seems like a big number to me team wise, and find things can get unwieldy. The only member I don't really dig is Wolfsbane. I always had a soft spot for Blink. I'm sure there's som sort of in-game explanation bridging her aoa existence to the team, so i just dig the character dynamic. I like sam as well, but as an aside, i always thought it was long past due for Roberto to be on a main roster somewhere.

realmrunner Wrote:
> The New Avengers game in the Marvel game I'm
> running currently (the in-game continuity is
> decidedly non-canon).
>
> Captain America (Steve Rogers): Team Leader.
> Iron Man.
> Spider-Man.
> Blink (Post AoA, never a member of the Exiles).
> Spider-Woman.
> Luke Cage.
> Cannonball.
> Wolfsbane.
May 18, 2008 07:34PM
Wolfsbane has been one of the more abused characters at marvel, well a lot of female characters are but the animal aspect ones especially so. She's had a lot lot of unrealized potential going to waste to date so nice to see her on an Avengers team with some of her fellow mutants. Given how AoA went plenty of possibilities for alternate-branch point versions of Blink ending up in other timelines than her own (that pesky M'Kraan crystal) and she does bring some good powers to the team. Spider-man getting mainstream respect is also good as he so rarely gets that and the what-if he was in caused terrible disruptions for the FF.

-- Peter David

May 19, 2008 04:38AM
Eh, i don't know, Rhane has always been one of those characters that consistently bug me. it's like she has Pissing Me Off at Unearhtly.
May 19, 2008 05:41AM
I'm going back to the drawing board on the campaign. Since my players have decided they want to play actual comics characters as opposed to characters designed using the UPB I'm going back to the proverbial drawing board and restart the campaign since I've got a few ideas I want to set up. Since at least three of the Avengers I mentioned won't be on the team in the new game I'll post the modified roster as soon as I work it out.
May 19, 2008 06:51AM
Well the need to cling to her abandonment issues and emotional abuse in just about every issue she was presented it was an annoyance to me too, I hate when a character is never allowed to grow (although with some of the churn on the X-titles and failure to look back over the characters I'm surprised any of them managed to develop with writers defaulting back to older character write-ups instead of looking at what's happened since their inception). It's especially bothersome with younger characters like Rhane kept stuck at a certain age while others around them change making it even more obvious than if they all stay stuck there.

-- Peter David

May 22, 2008 01:48PM
Since my new games sole player (it's swings and roundabouts, I get two less players but get to run the game more regularly) has decided she wants to play Wolfsbane (which is odd since she wasn't playing Rahne in the last campaign) we're working on a background that fits with the slightly off version of the MU I'm setting the game in. I'll post it in the appropriate section of the group tomorrow or over the weekend.
May 26, 2008 12:18PM
I'd like to see a collection that evokes the past, but plays with it some:

Yellowjacket, Wasp, Sub Mariner, Scarlet Witch (Original non-reality altering version), Quicksilver, Psylocke (Original Version), Ironmaiden (Female Ironman) & Hawkeye.

I'd like the Wasp as the leader and divorced from Pym, and Hawkeye as the Deputy leader. I'd like the witch to be in a relationship with Namor that's strained, and Psylocke with Hawkeye. I'd like Iron maiden to be single and set up to invite speculation that she might be an A.I., and not a human being at all - later on she might become involved with Yellowjacket and sometime into that we'd learn she's the Jocast A.I., which pym slipped into the Iron Maiden suit during a drunken moment of grief over the loss of his marriage to Jan. All of this would ulitmately lead up to a battle with Ultron I think (Who i hate cause his mouth looks like a beer bottle opener). If possible i'd like it executed in a Brubaker fashion, but infused with a lot of Morrison like concepts.

Thats all hi-concept.
I LOVE Young Avengers!

www.xpg.us/cerebra.com (very cool cerebra/cerebro simulation) Additionally, www.xpg.us is hosting an online RPG based on the Marvel Universe. XPG's game uses Classic Marvel Super Heroe's rule system (with house variants) as it's rule system - check us out!
Joe
May 28, 2008 10:12PM
1. Doc Samson
2. Captain American (Taskmaster) (Government plant)
3. Beta Ray Thor
4. Polaris
5. Multiple Man
6. Longshot
7. Box (Madison Jeffries)
Team Building Concept: Who is your Infinity Watch?
May 25, 2008 06:34PM
Classic Marvel Community,

Let's say that you, or your character, have been asked to separate the Infinity Gems and choose guardians for them. People who could care for and protect the gems if someone tried to reform the Infinity Gauntlet. But also people who have powers or traits that well match the personality of the gem they are chosen to keep safe. If you like, you can choose your own character to hold one of the gems, much as Adam Warlock did. Put as much detail into your explanation as detailed as you desire,

Here's a link to the Comic Vine page on the Infinity Gems: [www.comicvine.com]

Also, here is a link for Marvel's page on the Infinity Gems: [www.marvel.com]

Then one more for Infinity Gem's on Marvel Database: [en.marveldatabase.com]

Whoever you choose......choose wisely.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
Re: Team Building Concept: Who is your Infinity Watch?
May 25, 2008 06:39PM
Reality - Jackie Estecado, The Darkness

Imagine the world change into a Shadow born reflection of the sex mad Jackie Estacado, full of Darklings and all manner of delightful evils...

Then ring Mephisto and say how you miss the 'good old days.'

Power - Holocaust

Pure energized power granted even more Power, coupled with his rage and love of carnage and well, lets all just hope there's a universe left when he's done thats bigger than a dust mote.

Soul - Spawn

Spawn is the defacto Third God, the option between God and the Devil, and if your soul survived the pleasures of Jackies Earth and the ravages of Holocausts War, maybe a break with an aloof but caring Simmons might soothe your days in the afterlife.

Mind - Joker

Do i really have to spell it out...

Space - Doom

Saves him building all the Doombots.

Seriously though, for a man obssessed with knowledge, power and seeing his dead mother, being everywhere at once is a great way to learn everything...fast.

Time - Magneto

Finally he can deal with that pain of the Holocaust first hand, maybe even reshape the world into his perfect future.

Yosef
May 25, 2008 07:30PM
A very interesting question and certainly a challenge to work out, pondering it I think the following would work out:

Mind Gem - Clearly for Nightmask my main character/alter ego with his mastery of psionics and his mind he could wield it for full effectiveness and master it rather than be the one mastered.

Soul Gem - While this likely surprises some I can see this gem in the hands of Aquarian, someone of such peace and tranquility that the gem's corrupting influence would have nothing to latch onto and has power enough to protect it from anyone seeking to acquire it from him.

Time Gem - Considering how often he travels through time trying to manipulate events the Time Gem seems quite the match-up for Cable, who's of powerful will and ruthlessness to ensure that anyone trying to get the gem from him will have more than a challenge to say the least.

Space Gem - Already used to teleporting across space and well experienced with the world of super-heroics and fighting I can see Nightcrawler with this gem and the augmentations it'd bring to his powers. Indeed he'd move up to an entirely new level of power and ability with the abiltity to force space to conform to his will.

Power Gem - This gem actually seems best in the hands of the Hulk, who already has vast physical power little room to be corrupted by its benefits, indeed once it was in his hands he'd be very adept at keeping anyone else from getting it from him and even reduced to Banner the Gem would provide Banner with power enough of his own to survive againt an army.

Reality Gem - Given his death and rebirth and the stepping outside of reality and back again I think Thor would best safeguard this gem. He's powerful and grown greatly in wisdom and maturity and is grounded enough to not misuse the gem's own nigh-infinite power while defending it against any and all those who would seek to acquire it.

-- Peter David

May 25, 2008 08:44PM
Yosef Wrote:

> Mind - Joker
>
> Do i really have to spell it out...

No man, you don't. But I'm going to come strait out and say: I'm glad you don't have the responsibility of choosing who the Infinity Gems go to for safekeeping. smiling bouncing smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
May 25, 2008 09:56PM
That is a really sweet team, and well thought out.

Who would you choose for the Mind Gem if you could not choose Nightmask?

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
Q-Class Tribute!!!
May 25, 2008 10:27PM
Alright, this team is a tribute team, for my fellow Q-Class members:

Mr. Happy: Reality Gem

Joseph Creed: Soul Gem

Perceptor: Mind Gem

Adam Rykos: Space Gem

Nightstar: Time Gem

Halo: Power Gem

Special thanks to The Rook!

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
May 25, 2008 10:40PM
Hmmmm, who to pick if I didn't choose Nightmask for the Mind Gem. I really don't see Professor X as a watch-man for it given the questionable actions that they've retconned onto him in recent years, too easy for the power to corrupt and lead to disaster with him (plus we've seen that even without the Mind Gem he's fallen to destructive means like the oft-forgotten Micronauts crossover where his evil side was destroying planets in the Microverse). It's guardian does not require mind powers, he or she ideally just requires a strong mind and sense of self, the gem itself will provide any other mind powers its possessor would desire. I could actually see Forge in this role as his time in Vietnam and his learning experiences have forged him into a stong mind able to handle the gem's temptations (especially after giving in to temptation unleashed the Adversary) and would benefit from the augmenting of his own already formidable mind and mental powers.

-- Peter David

Re: Q-Class Tribute!!!
May 25, 2008 10:47PM
Nice tribute although I think considering Mr. Happy the only gem I'd feel safe with him having is the Power Gem, the rest are too helpful for his prankish nature. grinning smiley

-- Peter David

Re: Q-Class Tribute!!!
May 25, 2008 10:49PM
Very flattering indeed... Though the Space Gem should prove helpful for Adam in going out to dinner with Amara and Emma simultaneously winking smiley
May 26, 2008 12:21AM
Ol Joseph and the Soul Gem, groovy pick up my friend, Ellynia i'm sure would not be the last ghost he spends his time with, and considering his loving and fatherly nature he'd make a great Gaurdian to the spirits of the world.

Yosef
May 26, 2008 07:59AM
night mask im not sure if the team is powerful enough it be its guardians. I mean for cosmic gems they are not really cosmic level characters. Cable, nightcrawler just dont seem up to the task.
May 26, 2008 10:28AM
Mind - Charles Xavier

Power - Hulk

Time - Iron Fist

Space - Gennis-Vell

Reality - Dr. Strange

Soul - Adam Warlock [come on, you didn't see that coming?]
May 26, 2008 12:24PM
Nice team.

The Hulk is who I would choose for the Power Gem too, and I agree Adam Warlock is probably the person most capable of handling the Soul Gem.

Why did you choose Iron Fist for the guardian of the Time Gem? I'm only asking because I know very little about that character, so I may be missing something.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
May 26, 2008 12:36PM
Actually, the reason i chose Iron Fist is kinda conceptual on my part. In his recent Immortal Iron Fist title, it's shown that the Iron Fist is actually a legay stretching back many centuries, with a rich tradition and heritage. So because of the iron Fist being something as a time honored tradition, I felt that the Time gem might be a weird sort of fit. It'd allow me to do some trippy steranko type stories.

The Last Duskblade Wrote:
> Nice team.
>
> The Hulk is who I would choose for the Power Gem
> too, and I agree Adam Warlock is probably the
> person most capable of handling the Soul Gem.
>
> Why did you choose Iron Fist for the guardian of
> the Time Gem? I'm only asking because I know very
> little about that character, so I may be missing
> something.
May 26, 2008 12:46PM
Okay sweet, so it wasn't something that I was supposed to get. smiling bouncing smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
May 26, 2008 06:10PM
I really doubt Pip qualifies as powerful either and Moondragon and Gamora weren't cosmic class either when chosen, and as long as you're tapping into the power of the gem you've got you've plenty of power to get away with virtually anything in its domain. Cable has plenty of power and with the Time gem subject to his will he could easily develop power stunts to warn him of virtually any attack and mastery of space with the Space Gem makes capturing it from Nightcrawler equally difficult.

-- Peter David

May 27, 2008 08:45AM
POWER GEM- Hercules the Prince or power
TIME GEM- Kiden Nixon young and inexperenced but with the gem boosting her powers and guidence from other team members she could be a very effective character
MIND GEM-Rachel Summers Phoenix backed by the mind gem need i say more
SPACE GEM- Gateway once again mainy just to enhance his current power
REALITY GEM- Dr Strange i think a skilled magic user would be the best fit for the reality gem
SOUL GEM-Valkyrie (Brunnhilde) she deals with the souls of Asgardians that fall in battle and i think that expernce would be helpful in mastering the sould gem

I think anyone would be hard pressed to take the gems from this team and with their powers enhanced by the gems i think even alot of cosmic beings would think twice before trying to take them

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 29
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.