Official homebrew Versus Thread

Posted by Fangs 
Re: Official homebrew Versus Thread
February 13, 2010 03:43PM
I'm off work the coming week, Fangs, so I'll try to tackle this then.

Cheers folks! smiling smiley

Powersurge (stats, pics, history) [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

Morningstar (specs, pics, campaign jouranl) [www.alphaflight.net])

Protectors Limited Series [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1
Re: Kal-El Herald of Galactus VS ?
February 15, 2010 03:30PM
Fellupthestairs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is a Cosmic level threat.
>
> I expect some criticism for even posting the
> question. However ...
>
> Kal-El herald of Galactus comes to your campaign
> world.
>
> Kal-El herald of Galactus
>
> How do you stop him?
>
> Please note I know this guy is over the top. He
> was originally created to be so. He is not a PC
> and is not intended as a repeating bad guy. ( In
> his own reality he actually winds up building a
> science station on the moon. He uses the Earths
> and the immediate galaxy's most brilliant minds in
> the pursuit of "curing" Galactus of his need to
> consume worlds. )

Well he's clearly require either someone equally outrageously powered (like my NPC version of Red Norvell, Ragnarok) or a range of powerful and prepared heroes and/or villains to have a chance of stopping him. Of my homebrews there'd be more chance of one of my villains beating him, and only because Knock-Off could if lucky created a knock-off of Kal-El to use to fight him and Alibi could if lucky copy his powers and abilities to use against him.

Otherwise it'd take a formidable alliance of characters who like Capo notes could somehow survive his Shift Z attacks or avoid them (such as Paragon with her TI reducing his damage inflicting potential considerably). Likely joining up with Dr. Doom or having to acquire the technology he's used to steal the cosmic power of the Silver Surfer to steal that from Kal-El. It wouldn't defeat him like most heralds giving his high starting power but it would weaken him and give the power to the opposition to use against him. Otherwise the Power Cosmic would protect him from Kryptonite radiation as well as from being depowered under a red sun. Of course when dealing with evil Galactus heralds the FF often calls in the Silver Surfer to help (as well as when opposing Galactus as seen in Last Planet Standing).

Given the Power Stunt range of unspecified Power Cosmic is virtually unlimited he's pretty quickly power stunt ways of dealing with most foes unless kept too busy to try or at least focused on them so he doesn't put together those stunts. Of course there's always the possibility of just calling in Molecule Man to save the day. winking smiley

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
February 16, 2010 12:38PM
Either that or someone of a magical origin. If memory serves me correctly magic tends to get past these sort or conventional powered individuals.
February 26, 2010 01:45AM
Hey Powersurge just added your previous character Powersurge to the netbook for TUCOCv2 - Did you have any updated pictures that you wanrted to have added. Also

bump the finger smiley
June 13, 2010 05:07PM
Well, I am new to the forums but I loved this topic enough that I just had to bite. I kinda skipped over the last 8 pages of conversation and just figured I would submit an home-brew to take on an established character.

I have watched this home-brew character take a heck of a lot of punishment and walk away without a scratch which has made him one of the most feared and most powerful villains in my campaigns. The fight would be a slug fest all the way and the best established character to see him do that kind of battle with would be Hulk.

** Noting the recent conversation about Gladiator I cannot say with certainty if this guy could stand toe to toe to him, but I would not mind seeing that fight either.

Thump

Fighting: Incredible
Agility: Remarkable
Strength: Shift-X
Endurance: Amazing
Reason: Excellent
Intuition: Remarkable
Psyche: Amazing

Health: 234

Limitation: Energy Allergy (electricity) / Power Negation / Continuous with Contact

Known Powers:
True Invulnerability -
Thump can reduce energy and physical damage done to him by Monstrous column shifts.
Hyper Leaping - Thump can travel by leaping through the air at Shift-Y intensity.
Regeneration - Thump regenerates his Health at Poor intensity.

Talents: Wrestling, Thrown Objects (Large Objects only)
Welcome, Doctor Quantum
June 13, 2010 07:07PM
Welcome to the boards. Hope you enjoy a long, fun stay with us. smiling smiley
Re: Welcome, Doctor Quantum
June 14, 2010 10:00AM
Redman II Wrote:
> Welcome to the boards. Hope you enjoy a long, fun
> stay with us. smiling smiley

Thank you. I have stalked the boards for a long time, just never posted before.
May 19, 2011 12:49AM
Hi all my favorite home brew character would be myself ( a little egoist i guess)
I am little computer dummy so i do not know how to add my characters from where they are at, doh.
Sentinal vs. Kraven

Scenerio 1: Kraven stalks a cop Sentinal gets word through a contact on the police force, he stakes out the cop waiting for Kraven to show him self, relying on his port ability to get to the scene before Kraven can really get started. Already in full battle regalia. Kraven shows his ugly mug and the fight is on. I believe My character would win as he has more offense and defense capabilities. Kraven if he has pre set area with cats it could go to him, that damn nerve punch can be fatal.

Scenerio 2: they meet in the open no weapons straight martial arts skill I would say it would be 50/50, but if he tagged my guy with nerve punch and i failed endurance roll, he would make hamburger out of him.

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] i think this right, anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2011 12:53AM by GILGAMESH.
May 19, 2011 01:12AM
Another battle I want to resolve is the god awful US AGENT. Now this battle would definetly go till some one looked like hamburger and was down in the dirt bloodied up.
so Sentinal vs. US AGENT
scenerio 1: Using everything available. I would start with port above him drop flash pellet and tenshubi,port behind him and attack with whip using edged attack. he is no longer blind, grab inti. hopefully port out to above him on building , tree, etc. wait till he is vunerable then launch a smoke pellet and proceed to teleport him all over using the - cs for stun and then beat him to a pulp, not killing him or maiming him as much as i want to. now if he resisted everything i threw at him, well come high or hell water i would go down fighting.

[www.classicmarvelforever.com]
April 13, 2012 06:24AM
I have a Character called Anna Standheit who is a bio Vampire/Shapeshifter that would Oppose Reed Richards. She is just as smart, and quite powerful. I wonder how she would compare against Reed Richards alone as well as the Fantastic Four.
Attachments:
open | download - Eira(Anna).pdf (550 KB)
Tig
April 22, 2012 09:29AM
Cool story.
July 19, 2012 02:02AM
I have to say that they cartoon comic writers have shown the hulk to actually be capable of thinking!!! and comming up with witty retorts to boot... Now I haven't read the comics for the hulk but I would have to pose the question...... Doctor Quantum.... Do you really believe that the fight against the hulk and thump would be evenly matched?

Personally I see the hulk dominating from the first blow.

Here are his stats

Profile: Hulk
F A S E R I P
Fighting: Remarkable (30)
Agility: Good (10)
Strength: Unearthly (100)
Endurance: Monstrous (75)
Reason: Poor (4)
Intuition: Typical (6)
Psyche: Remarkable (30)

Health: Shift Y (215)
Popularity: Feeble (0)
Resources: Feeble (2)

Age: Adult Gender: Male Height: 8 ft. 0 in. Weight: 1,400 lbs..

Invulnerability: Class 1000 resistance to Cold, Heat, Fire, Corrosives, Radiation, Toxins, and Disease.
True Invulnerability: Amazing
Regeneration: Unearthly
Self Recovery: Unearthly 
Self Revival: Unearthly
Hyper-Leaping: Class 5000
Astral Detection: Unearthly
Adrenaline Surge: The listed abilities and Health scores are for the Hulk under "normal" circumstances. The Hulk's Fighting and Strength may be raised +1CS to a maximum of Shift-Z to hit and damage. This requires the hulk has to make a successful Psyche FEAT roll to increase and only if he was hurt that round. If the opponent or opponents are defeated, the Hulks abilities and Health scores return to normal in the next round. The Hulk’s Regeneration/Self Recovery/Self Revival also increases +1CS to a maximum of Shift-Z each round until he is no longer taking damage (making the Hulk virtually unstoppable).

The only way you could win against the hulk was if you could somehow catch him at his base stats.... Not get him angry then sedate him on the sly.

I have to say this Doctor, from where I sit Thump would live live up to his name sake, in so much as he would be thumped truly by the hulk within the first 3 - 5 exchanges.

Fangs
Forge yourself into the hero that others fear to be.
Ascend and demonstrate a better Ethos
Negotiate when you can and pound when you have no other option.
Go forward when others fear the darkness
Strive for the greatness that lies within you

Villains Costumes
Villain Costumes - Blogg
Villain Costumes - Urban Clothing
Villain Costumes - ACIDS approach to Foiling Villains Plans
May 30, 2013 08:20AM
Was lounging the other day and started enjoying this thread. Got inspired to see how my admittedly Wolverine-styled character "Rottweiler" would fare against Powersurge's, "Broodling" (a wicked, wicked creation about 2/3rds down the page). Anyway, not sure what possessed me (and I didn't do it all in one sitting but kept coming back to it after breaks, errands and what not) but ended up documenting an epic round-by-round account of the whole encounter here - enjoy!

FASERIPPED! A play-by-post Marvel adventure

Write-ups: Rottweiler, Hardknox, The Outcasts, Kaela, Magua, The Human Fly

"Don't over think any weapons or powers too much. Try to keep it simple and implement House Rules where you think situations don't make sense, or if the Books don't provide enough details" - TankerAce

"Some rules are just very bad, very poorly thought out, and should simply be discarded because of how completely illogical they are." - Nightmask

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2013 09:29AM by Relic.
July 01, 2013 08:14PM
relic i read the fight was intense,one question though,rott has poor regen correct if so would he not need incredible 40 to regen 4 points a turn on tenths of power. thanks in advance.
July 02, 2013 07:50AM
GILGAMESH Wrote:
> relic i read the fight was intense,one question
> though,rott has poor regen correct

Hey Gil, actually that'd be incorrect winking smiley Far as I recall Rottie has IN Regen & Recovery (i've a link to his write-up just below in the sig)

FASERIPPED! A play-by-post Marvel adventure

Write-ups: Rottweiler, Hardknox, The Outcasts, Kaela, Magua, The Human Fly

"Don't over think any weapons or powers too much. Try to keep it simple and implement House Rules where you think situations don't make sense, or if the Books don't provide enough details" - TankerAce

"Some rules are just very bad, very poorly thought out, and should simply be discarded because of how completely illogical they are." - Nightmask
August 26, 2013 05:30PM
Relic Wrote:
> GILGAMESH Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > relic i read the fight was intense,one
> question
> > though,rott has poor regen correct
>
>
> Hey Gil, actually that'd be incorrect winking smiley Far as I
> recall Rottie has IN Regen & Recovery (i've a link
> to his write-up just below in the sig)

yeah you were right,heyoiooo
August 31, 2013 09:37AM
relic for the win
September 16, 2019 08:58AM
Has it been 6 years?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 37
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.