Greeting and Salutations - The Official Introduction Thread

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
Re: Greeting and Salutations - The Official Introduction Thread
January 03, 2023 06:18AM
Hey there,

I bought a used copy of MSH back in '99 and GMed it to one player, the only other person in my friends circle who liked comics. he formed an X-team and everything, went to the AoA and back, saved an AI and uploaded it in the body of a mutant team-mate who just had their consciousness permanently and irrevocably erased... When I think back about it, such good times.

In the early 2010s, I GMed again, to a group of three players this time, and it was so great. Started with MSH rules, but switched to several others as the campaign went on, because for some reason I'd lost my MSHRPG mojo.

Anyway, I've been back in the superheroic saddle recently thanks to Blacky's FASERIP (seriously, it seems that this game brought many people back, what a boon it is) and classicmarvelforever looks like the only old webpage I was familiar with that is still active. Figured it would be cool to join the forums.
January 03, 2023 06:35PM
Hello everyone.
January 05, 2023 01:54PM
hi!

www.faserip.com
January 08, 2023 06:59AM
Belatedly realized that I did not intro myself. I was first exposed to the MSHRPG in the 80s, greatly enjoyed playing. Have long had trouble getting anyone to play the system in my local areas, but I think I might have finally convinced my gaming group (Epic Fetch) to give it a try.
April 16, 2023 05:00PM
I don't believe that i have introduced myself in ages, well from the age of 2008 to be precise.
I bought the original system in 1984 and loved it, met my best friend in 1985 ( still best friends now, well we're brothers now after nearly 38 years ) ran a few games with canon marvel characters, liked it but it lacked what we wanted to do.
It wasn't the system that we didn't like, it was a need for something unique and personal, so to that end we created our own campaign world and characters and didn't use the established comic book characters or settings at all.
We ran the world as one big connected comic book, heroes died and were reborn, our adventures were linked as best we could so that it all felt bigger than what it was and it was and is a blast.
We ran hard with our characters, they changed, changed again, some retired for good, some passed their legacy on to others, cosmic event, world shaping, big adventures, bigger adventures, you all know what i'm saying, we did it all and did it all again.
Until 2015, it was a time for change, i was running a BIG adventure that showed me that there was no GOOD way out of the mess that was happening before me...not that the game itself was a mess, the BIG BAD was going to win it all and destroy everything....so a reset/restart was needed.
I reset out entire campaign world a la Crisis on Infinite Earths, and it opened up new ways to look at old characters and old ways to run new characters. Sorry this is so wordy but it's 38 years of adventures and stories to talk about.
My kids, all 3 of them, run in my world, their Dad is my character who retired to train them to be the next generation of heroes, it's a blast and i hope they teach THEIR kids to do the same....hey i can dream right.
Anyhoo, enough about me, i'm just throwing this info out there to join in the discussion and the fun.
Cheers.
April 21, 2023 07:14PM
Welcome!
June 24, 2023 02:01PM
Thanks for reactivating me.
It was quite difficult to prove I am not,
nor have I ever been, a Skrull.
June 28, 2023 08:50AM
Egyptoid
Thanks for reactivating me.
It was quite difficult to prove I am not,
nor have I ever been, a Skrull.

lol. Welcome

October 02, 2023 04:50PM
Hello,
I'm Vincer. A long-time GM for many campaigns and systems. I recently gravitated back to the classic FASERIP rules after literally bouncing between every other Marvel RPG that came since.

After tooling around with the latest version, I started to get nostalgic for the original TSR game. After discovering this site was not just "around" but also thriving with new content, I was sold on the idea that I should just come back to the classic and stop dealing with the constant conversions and learning of new systems.

My own Marvel campaign has been around since 1992. There's been several breaks and player turnover during that time, but the main plot continued throughout and to this day. We're on another break right now (playing Pathfinder 1e in the meanwhile) but when we return, it'll be back to FASERIP for good. My players are on board with the idea.

Thanks to everyone for keeping this site and all the content alive. Excelsior!
October 17, 2023 08:37AM
Vincer
Hello,
I'm Vincer. A long-time GM for many campaigns and systems. I recently gravitated back to the classic FASERIP rules after literally bouncing between every other Marvel RPG that came since.

After tooling around with the latest version, I started to get nostalgic for the original TSR game. After discovering this site was not just "around" but also thriving with new content, I was sold on the idea that I should just come back to the classic and stop dealing with the constant conversions and learning of new systems.

My own Marvel campaign has been around since 1992. There's been several breaks and player turnover during that time, but the main plot continued throughout and to this day. We're on another break right now (playing Pathfinder 1e in the meanwhile) but when we return, it'll be back to FASERIP for good. My players are on board with the idea.

Thanks to everyone for keeping this site and all the content alive. Excelsior!

Welcome

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 33
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.