Posted by The Last Duskblade 
Re: Battle Royal - The Official Versus Thread
June 15, 2008 08:32PM
Punstarr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oooh I have one.
>
> Taskmaster vs Deathstroke.

HA HA! YES!!!!!!!! I love this one! I did a drawing of the two facing off a long time ago, I was in junior high and I never really thought who would win! I noctice Nightmask posted on it, but I'll read his after I post mine! I would give it to Slade! He's most like Cap in DC to me, more so than Batman. His abilities have been enhanced to the point that he was able to avoid death from a gunshot at point blank range litlerally!! The gun was put to his head!!!! He managed to move fast enough to only lose his eye! And the shooter was no slouch either; I forget her name but she was a well trained killer too as I recal![Jericho's mommy!] And much like the Taskmaster he has taken on a team os supers like the Teen Titans many times and sinlge handedly bested them even after they became aware of his abilities! Tasky was not too successful as his first time cause they knew most of his tricks! He was beaten by Spidey too in a Marvel Team-Up! And though I love....LOVE them both I gotta go with Deathstroke! Hey, it's all in the name!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"Power Without Perception is Virtually Useless and Therefore of No True Value!" -Ryuken
June 15, 2008 08:57PM
Slade is the best villian to come from DC ever, he is a legend.

For the WIN. grinning smiley

Yosef

"Trust is for the foolish and the dead."
The Undying
June 15, 2008 10:23PM
All the following are Earth located fights:

Odin Vs. Hulk

Odin Vs. Phoenix

Odin Vs. Mephisto

Odin vs. Spawn (Post Armaggedon arc, ala New God)

Yosef

"Trust is for the foolish and the dead."
The Undying
June 16, 2008 05:01AM
Well, I'm a Norse fan, so:

Odin Vs. Hulk: Gotta go with the Olympian god on this one. Odin won't have to go toe-to-toe with Hulk, the only possible way for Hulk to win. With his magic creation and various other breadth of powers, I think Hulk gets dropped.

Odin Vs. Phoenix: Hm, good one. I can't call it, but I'm leaning toward Odin only because he has been a god and gotten into his powers for a long long long time. Odin b/c of experience.

Odin Vs. Mephisto: Another good one. I'd guess Mephisto, except I'll bet Mephisto has a yellow streak and might not be willing to engage if there's risk, whereas Odin is a warrior born and bred. Mephisto by tricker, Odin in a straight-up fight.

Odin vs. Spawn (Post Armaggedon arc, ala New God): I'm not familiar enough with Spawn(post arm.) to say.
Old New Fantastic Four vs New Fantastic Four
May 11, 2008 12:22PM
who would win in a battle from the New Fantastic Four from issue # 348 and The New Fantastic Four from after the Civil War

Old New FF VS New FF
Spider man Black Panther
Wolverine Storm
Ghost Rider Human Torch
Hulk (Grey Version) Thing

I know the Thing in his spikey form beat the Grey Hulk and while not spikey i think Bens current stats are close to what his spiky form had so i think he could still win. I thin with out pulling punches Spiderman or Wolverine could beat Black Panther, But i think where the neest team would have an edge would be the Torch and Storm, both being flyers and having long range attacks i think they could keep the other FF off balance while Black Panther and Thing fought the team on the ground. the Newest team would use team work to form a winning stratagy where as the Old New FF had memebr who didnt like each other and loners who dont really work well as a team.

Edit...sorry i meant to put this in the battleroyal thread...my bad

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2008 08:50AM by The Last Duskblade.
Re: Old New Fantastic Four vs New Fantastic Four
May 12, 2008 02:26PM
I think the New new FF has a lot going for it with power diversity, thanks in no small part to Storm. However, by far and away the old New FF can withstand a ton more punishment, especially Wolverine, Hulk, and Ghost Rider. Gray Hulk and Ghost Rider both have shown themselves capable of engaging multiple supercombatants by themselves, in a brute force way.

I say that the New New FF open up the fight with the early advantage with some flashy attacks going on, but Storm and Torch get taken out evwentually, and in the end with the tenacity of the old team, plus the strange and mystical nature of Ghost Rider's powers, the old team takes it in the end.
Re: Old New Fantastic Four vs New Fantastic Four
May 14, 2008 03:19AM
I would agree that the old new FF would take this one. It wouldn't be a blow out, but they would win.
Re: Old New Fantastic Four vs New Fantastic Four/Battle Royal
June 16, 2008 10:16AM
dacat75 Wrote:
> who would win in a battle from the New Fantastic
> Four from issue # 348 and The New Fantastic Four
> from after the Civil War
>
> Old New FF VS New FF
> Spider man Black Panther
> Wolverine Storm
> Ghost Rider Human Torch
> Hulk (Grey Version) Thing
>
> I know the Thing in his spikey form beat the Grey
> Hulk and while not spikey i think Bens current
> stats are close to what his spiky form had so i
> think he could still win. I thin with out pulling
> punches Spiderman or Wolverine could beat Black
> Panther, But i think where the neest team would
> have an edge would be the Torch and Storm, both
> being flyers and having long range attacks i think
> they could keep the other FF off balance while
> Black Panther and Thing fought the team on the
> ground. the Newest team would use team work to
> form a winning stratagy where as the Old New FF
> had memebr who didnt like each other and loners
> who dont really work well as a team.
>
> Edit...sorry i meant to put this in the
> battleroyal thread...my bad

True, the new team would be best at teamwork as the previous team is a bunch of hot shots!
-Um unless Black Panther got some upgrade Spidey is in a whole other class! Besides even if Black Panther was upgraded he can't get past his Spider-Sense! Spidey wins that one!
-Wolverine vs Storm? Hand to hand it goes to Wolvie, but I don't like it since she put a hurtin on Calisto who is an exceptional fighter! But kowing her enemy she never has to land and she can just toss Wolvie around and fry him crispy crunchy a million times before he hits the ground!!!!!!!
-Ghost Rider is a hard one to nail down, but I'd say Human Torch. But there does seem to be a flame against flame paradox there?!
-Hmm, Grey Hulk did lose to Spikey Head Grimm, but then completely out classed him in the rematch! Strength ain't nothing if it can't find a traget! Hulk's jumping wore him out and I don't see why it can't happen again! Hulk gets this one for me too!
-Wow, I guess it's a draw!
-Team for team, individually Hulk and Spidey alone can take three out of the four so I don't see their FF losing at all. Please correct me if you know otherwise?!

"Power Without Perception is Virtually Useless and Therefore of No True Value!" -Ryuken
June 16, 2008 10:21AM
Yosef Wrote:
> Slade is the best villian to come from DC ever, he
> is a legend.
>
> For the WIN. grinning smiley
>
> Yosef

Love it!smiling bouncing smiley

June 16, 2008 10:29AM
Hmm, a not-quite-minor note, Ghost Rider's flames are mystical in nature, Johnny Storm's invulnerability to flame is worthless against it. He can be burned by magic flames just as easily as anyone else and without that going for him when Ghost Rider on the other hand does have a good resistance to heat and flames but magical and mundane and the rest of his attacks the fight goes fairly easily to Ghost Rider and not Johnny.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
June 16, 2008 10:59AM
Nightmask Wrote:
> Hmm, a not-quite-minor note, Ghost Rider's flames
> are mystical in nature, Johnny Storm's
> invulnerability to flame is worthless against it.
> He can be burned by magic flames just as easily as
> anyone else and without that going for him when
> Ghost Rider on the other hand does have a good
> resistance to heat and flames but magical and
> mundane and the rest of his attacks the fight goes
> fairly easily to Ghost Rider and not Johnny.

Yeah, hmm didn't think of that, but I did note the possibility though....not sure I'd pick GR, but not sure HT is the clear winner either. Good point!

June 16, 2008 06:28PM
Couldn't the Judge rule that the Human Torch get some kind of partial protection vs. The Ghost Riders mystical flame?

not sure how one would calculate the CS reduction vs. mystical flame if he has Heat protection but I'd feel bad not giving the Torch something!?!
June 16, 2008 07:00PM
It's been demonstrated in the past (albeit rarely) that the Human Torch has zero immunity to the damage of mystical flames and really he shouldn't have any protection from them. He's not magical and has no reason to be protected from something derived from magic like that. It might sound nice but he just doesn't qualify. About the only time he might have qualified was during his brief over-power period resulting from Inferno when his affinity with flames reacted with the magical warping of the city to trap him permanently aflame and upped him a CS or two. Only Doom with his knowledge of science and magic was able to cure him.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
RoboCop Vs Predator
June 17, 2008 01:08PM
A Predator desides to hunt big game in Detroit who takes it?
Re: RoboCop Vs Predator
June 18, 2008 03:09AM
I'm not sure what you're asking. You mean the Predator vs. the entire city of Detroit? I'd give it to Detroit eventually, assuming someone (usually a rogue cop who goes his own way with his plucky reporter girlfriend) can 1) discover the truth, and 2) convince the foolish and short-sited authorities to do something about it.
RoboCop Vs Predator
June 18, 2008 04:21AM
RoboCop Vs Predator sorry i posted it in the title i forgot to post it in body
RoboCop Vs Predator
June 18, 2008 05:51AM
Robocop. Thank you for your cooperation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2008 06:19PM by The Last Duskblade.
June 18, 2008 10:02AM
Hm. I'd say Predator. I think his tech-level is higher. He also appears to be a lot more agile than the somewhat ponderous Robocop. Robocop could be dangerous because he's tough and he can shoot accurately, and he won't panic, but I think Predator has the edge.
June 18, 2008 06:11PM
Well this would be an amazing fight actually.
Juggy would destroy everything around him to get that enoying nat
I do Agree with that one fact - Doom would most likely have all the stats available on Jugs.
I do believe that olde Cyt would let Doom Have that power.
LoL he found a way to syphon off of the World Devourer, The Beyonder, the Cosmic Cube.............. Pretty sure there were a few more
But that is my 2c worth.
~RPG FTW~
June 20, 2008 12:46PM
How about the Infinity Watch versus the Illuminati for control of the Infinty gems?
June 20, 2008 02:10PM
Illuminati. Hands down. They're collectively smarter than the Infinity Watch. Without Warlock the Infinity Watch falls apart.
Ultimate Thor v. Ultimate Silver Surfer
June 20, 2008 08:02PM
I know both classic versions clashed awhile back, with inconclusive results (although it was implied that Thor was the more powerful of the two). Who iwins in the Ultimate versions?

I think Silver Surfer has been ramped way way up in cosmic power, much more so than Thor.
Robo-Cop -=VS=- Predator
June 24, 2008 01:05AM
Robo-Cop -=VS=- Predator

Years ago my Table Played a Similar Campaign (It was a VERY cool and VERY barbaric Campaign with the 3 GMs we had) …… You “Earned” Karma strictly for Survival means…. The more Karma you Earned the Faster you came back into the Campaign……

If you had Earned Karma in the 1000’s you came back in 1 to 10 Rounds…. (Minutes)
If you had Earned Karma in the 100’s you came back in 10 to 100 Rounds….(Hours)
If you had Earned Karma in the 10’s you came back in 100 to 1000 Rounds…(Days)

If you reached the End of a ‘Mission’ or ‘Objective’ with reserve Karma you could ‘Upgrade’ your Character….. Each Player used 1 to 5 Characters each….

Time Frame was like 4000 to 4500 AD Earth and basically 6 ‘Tribes’ or ‘Clans’ were spread across the Earth Fighting for Dominance and Survival…

The Humans (Tech and Mutants) united and had X-Men, Punisher, and Iron-Man type guys….. They were more like War Hammer Space Marines though…… We had Wolverine wearing Iron-Man type Armor, just so he could moderately compete…. His Claws were nearly useless…. But Cap’n America was BAD to the bone since he had a Rail Gun that SHOT his Shield with Crazy Force…

The Purity were Robots and Sentient A.I: These were the Androids, Rob-Cop like Cyborgs, Borg, Terminators, and all those ‘Matrix’ / Ghost in the Shell type Characters…. Really Nasty Robots who basically wanted to wax all of humanity….

The Predators: They descended to Earth because the whole planet was a War Zone and it was ‘Good’ Training….. Other Hostile ‘Intelligent’ Aliens were Allied with The Predators..

The Xenomorph: The Acid blood Aliens from ‘Aliens’ and ‘The Thing’… These Guys were also part of the Campaign….. Basically the Predators and Humans goobed-up and the Aliens were let loose on the Earth…… They were like 1000’s of locust….. Other Alien Creatures were also evolved from the Xenomorph…..

The Undead and “Spectral” Races: Freddy, Jason, the Cenobites from Hell Raiser, Demons, Spawn, Ghost Rider, Dracula, Werewolves… etc….. These guys prosper during the War… so their goals were to keep the Earth in constant turmoil….. These were the Actual ‘Villains’ to defeat….. And served as Lieutenants for the ‘Fallen Angels’..

Fallen Angles: These were highly elevated ‘Humans’ and other Cosmic Beings like Thor, Thanos, and Silver Surfer who were powerful enough to rise above simple combat….. Their stories and plot involvement were handled like Jedi, Sith, Angles, and ‘Priests’…. Magneto and Professor X were also in this “Tribe”….. These Guys were portrayed as Fighting over the Planet for their own profits and gains…. As a Player, your ultimate Goal was to become one of these Characters and defeat the other “Fallen Angels’ so the Earth became ‘Yours’ to set Civilization Straight.

Anyway…. Looking back at that Campaign we all wrote out….. It took about 2 to 3 ‘Robo-Cops’ to simply subdue a Single Predator….

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
TANKERACE

Tanker's MSH Characters
[www.classicmarvelforever.com]
Expanded MSH Table
[www.classicmarvelforever.com]

MOTÖRHEAD
Graviton Vs Magneto
June 24, 2008 10:32PM
One is master of the fundamental force of gravity, the other of the fundamental force of magnetism, who would win? Which one could overtop the other for a victory? I think in a full out fight Graviton would squeak by. He's shown able to handle multiple effects in ways Magneto hasn't or can't and gravity in the end can force magnetism to give way before it and not the other way around.

-- Peter David

Graviton Vs Magneto
June 24, 2008 11:00PM
A good example of why we should title these match-ups:

[www.classicmarvel.com] grinning smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
Re: Graviton Vs Magneto
June 24, 2008 11:36PM
I liked it so much I decided to try and reopen it.

-- Peter David

June 24, 2008 11:45PM
LOL! Awesome man. Do your thing. cool smiley

For what it's worth, I still rate this one at a tie. If for no other reason because it's just to hard to call.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
June 24, 2008 11:54PM
Well Graviton can levitate and manipulate matter on a scale we normally only see a Herald of Galactus like Terrax achieve, well beyond what we've seen Magneto accomplish, although if they retained that storyarc where Graviton had a power boost around those others he claimed represented other fundamental forces you'd have to wonder if they'd cause each other to power up in close proximity.

-- Peter David

June 25, 2008 05:44AM
Although I agree that as depicted in comics the matchup would be a good one there would be benefits that either could use against one another...gravity is actually the weakest of the four fundamental forces and requires immense mass in order to compare with the other three forces. Electro-magnetism is the force that holds atoms to each other, so although as far as levitating a huge mass of earth Graviton would have the advantage...at a molecular level Magneto would have an advantage. If Magneto were operating at full power (like when he's a villian, which he should be..he sucks when they water him down and turn him into a "hero") he in theory could cause the atoms of the land mass Graviton was levitating to begin to break apart by stripping the magnetic cohesion of the atoms it was composed of (similar to what he did with the atoms of the adamantium in Wolverines bones when he pulled it out of his body). Not trying to start a big battle, just saying that there would indeed be benefits that each would have over the other but in the end I believe it would be fairly equal and could go either way on a given day. It would be awesome to see the results of their suroundings after the battle was over though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2008 05:45AM by Herbert Wyndham.
the Rogues vs The Thunderbolts
June 25, 2008 12:17PM
The Rogues Gallary ( Inertia, Abra Kadabra, Mirror Master, Heat Wave, the Pied Piper,the Trickster, Weather Wizard, and Captain Cold) VS the Thunderbolts (Green Goblin, Moonstone, Songbird, Radioactive Man, Swordsman, Venom, Bullseye, and Penance) a battle of the guys who killed the Flash and Marvels "reformed" villians

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 30
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.