Battle Royal - The Official Versus Thread

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
Re: The Six Million Dollar Man Vs The Incredible Hulk
July 05, 2011 04:25PM
monkeywrench Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> on the subject (sorta) anyone recall a episode of
> the Fall Guy -when Lee Major's character, Colt
> meets the Hulk on a shoot? Funny stuff.

I used to watch the Fall Guy but I don't remember that, but given TV reception for ABC here was terrible (and now non-existent thanks to the 'better' nature of digital... ) I could have easily not recognized it or missed that episode.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
Re: The Six Million Dollar Man Vs The Incredible Hulk
July 06, 2011 11:49AM
youtube it.
it is so lame- it is funny.
Voltron vs Godzilla
August 05, 2011 04:21PM
So who would win between Voltron (lion one) and Godzilla. I do not believe the induvidaul lions would be able to do more than annoy Godzilla, much like they always seem to be ineffective against Robeast. Now fully formed into Voltron, Godzilla would still be bigger i believe Godzilla is around 350 ft tall tall while Voltron is only around 200 ft tall. Voltron has beaten much larger Robeast than him before though. I dont think most of Voltrons weapons would have alot of effect on Godzilla, exept for his sword. Power wise i dont think Godzilla brings anything new to the table that a robeast hasnt, such as the tomic breath. I do believe Godzilla brings more cunning and fighting experence to the table than most Robeast. This is what i think might help Big G win. I think Voltron would have the upper hand at first, but assume Godzilla is just a mindless beast and Godzilla would fake his death or something like that and come back and surprise Voltron for the win
Gandalf vs.Yoda
August 06, 2011 05:19PM
Hello All,

Interesting discussion arose between a group of friends lately. The group was divided along fans of the Star Wars trilogy and those of TLOTR. When the topic came to to who would win between Yoda(Master Jedi) vs. Gandalf(Master Wizard) the topic became animated and quite interesting, with both sides presenting convincing arguements for their sides. I would like to know what the panel thinks. Please let me know who you think would win this battle. Please give your reasons or arguements as to why and how. I will present my side in a future posting. I hope this discussion entertains you as much as I enjoyed it. Thank you for taking part.
Re: Gandalf vs.Yoda
August 06, 2011 05:43PM
I think that a large part of who wins would matter on why they were fighting. That being said, we really only have hearsay for the most part on what Gandalfs capabilities are, while on the other hand, we know that Yoda is extremely powerful. That is my copout way of saying that in my opinion, I think it would be a draw.
August 07, 2011 06:46AM
Hands down, Yoda wins any one-on-one battle. Gandalf is a capable swordsman, but he's no Jedi (Hell, most of the Fellowship could have beat down Gandalf!). That being said, if Gandalf and Yoda were Generals of opposing armies I would NEVER bet against Gandalf.
August 07, 2011 07:33AM
I'd guess it would all come down to if Yoda could sense the destructive power of Gandalf striking the ground with his staff.

None of his other spells seem particularly powerful compared to high level force powers.
August 07, 2011 07:42AM
waverider Wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Interesting discussion arose between a
> group of friends lately. The group was divided
> along fans of the Star Wars trilogy and those of
> TLOTR. When the topic came to to who would win
> between Yoda(Master Jedi) vs. Gandalf(Master
> Wizard) the topic became animated and quite
> interesting, with both sides presenting convincing
> arguements for their sides. I would like to know
> what the panel thinks. Please let me know who you
> think would win this battle. Please give your
> reasons or arguements as to why and how. I will
> present my side in a future posting. I hope this
> discussion entertains you as much as I enjoyed it.
> Thank you for taking part.

This is an utter mis-match. Yoda wins easily.

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."
Re: Battle Royal - The Official Versus Thread
September 04, 2011 04:19AM
How about Black Panther vs. Captain America. Pretty close.

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."
Longshot vs Reed Richards and Captain America in a game of Axis and Allies
September 26, 2011 03:56PM
So i was playing Axis and Allies with my uncle the other day and for the first time ever i beat him. Now he is way smarter than me and much better at stratagy board games. Normally when we play a 1 on 1 game it dosnt last long before he mos the floor with me. This particualr game though luck was on my side and almost every battle i just kept getting high die rolls and the dice just wouldnt do anythig for him, it ws so bad it was almost unreal. Being geeks this lead to the debate on weather someone super smart like reed who could probably calculate the odds and chances of victory in each battle and would probably do very well or Captain america who is just a stratagy guru would do agaisnt someone who just has pure luck on there side.. So Longshot playing by him self as the Allies vs Reed and Captain America playing the Axis. Would the could the brains and leadership skills over come the pure luck of longshot in a simple board game?
Re: Longshot vs Reed Richards and Captain America in a game of Axis and Allies
September 26, 2011 09:45PM
geekgirl Wrote:
> So i was playing Axis and Allies with my uncle the
> other day and for the first time ever i beat him.
> Now he is way smarter than me and much better at
> stratagy board games. Normally when we play a 1 on
> 1 game it dosnt last long before he mos the floor
> with me. This particualr game though luck was on
> my side and almost every battle i just kept
> getting high die rolls and the dice just wouldnt
> do anythig for him, it ws so bad it was almost
> unreal. Being geeks this lead to the debate on
> weather someone super smart like reed who could
> probably calculate the odds and chances of victory
> in each battle and would probably do very well or
> Captain america who is just a stratagy guru would
> do agaisnt someone who just has pure luck on there
> side.. So Longshot playing by him self as the
> Allies vs Reed and Captain America playing the
> Axis. Would the could the brains and leadership
> skills over come the pure luck of longshot in a
> simple board game?

Holy cow, A&A players!!! I STILL play that game when I can.

Barring Longshot using his powers to manipulate Mr. Fantastic and Captain America's dice rolls into all being misses, Longshot would also have to consider the things he couldn't change, i.e. the rules of the game concerning unit placement and movement, unit costs, and the IPC value of territories.

For example, in the very first round of the game after Russia's turn, Germany can throw all of its fighters and bombers at Britain along with a transport with 2 infantry units on it (with sub and battleship to clear the sea zone that turn) and take aircraft as casualties to wind up with at least one German infantry on British soil for the territory, capital and their bank with a very small but significant chance of success. winking smiley

As long as Longshot wasn't hosing everyone else's dice rolls, I'm sure the mathematical prowess and strategic insight of Mr. Fantastic and Captain America combined would handily take out Longshot regardless of how lucky his own dice rolls were. It'd simply be a numbers game at that point, bringing more firepower against Longshot on defense.

Then Germany starts the next round with 30 extra IPCs to spend and a virtually undefended Africa to blitz over for dollars winking smiley

...but only if the chancey gambit of 1st turn invading Britain works (difficult but not impossible odds) and Longshot doesn't muck with the dice...

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2011 10:01PM by Dead Sidekick.
Re: Voltron vs Godzilla
October 05, 2011 11:42AM
Voltron wins hands down. In the classic series, the robot was given 'the power of a star' by a space goddess after a particularly bad beatdown. Considering Godzilla is about as powerful as an atomic bomb, I see Voltron walking all over Big G. Beyond that, Voltron's weapons for the individual lions are enough to take out battlecruisers from Planet Doom. Godzilla's skin may be tough enough to take human artillary weapons, but I don't think he can handle future human super science.

geekgirl Wrote:
> So who would win between Voltron (lion one) and
> Godzilla. I do not believe the induvidaul lions
> would be able to do more than annoy Godzilla, much
> like they always seem to be ineffective against
> Robeast. Now fully formed into Voltron, Godzilla
> would still be bigger i believe Godzilla is around
> 350 ft tall tall while Voltron is only around 200
> ft tall. Voltron has beaten much larger Robeast
> than him before though. I dont think most of
> Voltrons weapons would have alot of effect on
> Godzilla, exept for his sword. Power wise i dont
> think Godzilla brings anything new to the table
> that a robeast hasnt, such as the tomic breath. I
> do believe Godzilla brings more cunning and
> fighting experence to the table than most Robeast.
> This is what i think might help Big G win. I think
> Voltron would have the upper hand at first, but
> assume Godzilla is just a mindless beast and
> Godzilla would fake his death or something like
> that and come back and surprise Voltron for the
> win
October 14, 2011 03:28PM
I love Godzilla. He is burned into my soul from before my earliest memories and will never fade. But I think Voltron wins. I just always have a very hard time going with an organic, flesh-based combatant versus a machine like a robot. And Voltron is one helluva' robot. I think when the respective offensive and defensive capabilities are compared, Voltron's ability to defend against Godzilla's offense is much better than the other way around, Godzilla's ability to defend against Voltron's offense. There is little I can see actually stopping the Blazing Sword. On the flip side, if the atomic breath gets a little too hot Voltron can always just fly away and regroup. And even if Godzilla is relatively smart and not just a big dumb reptile he won't be as smart as the members of the Voltron Force.

.... He's still more awesome though drinking smiley

geekgirl Wrote:
> So who would win between Voltron (lion one) and
> Godzilla. I do not believe the induvidaul lions
> would be able to do more than annoy Godzilla, much
> like they always seem to be ineffective against
> Robeast. Now fully formed into Voltron, Godzilla
> would still be bigger i believe Godzilla is around
> 350 ft tall tall while Voltron is only around 200
> ft tall. Voltron has beaten much larger Robeast
> than him before though. I dont think most of
> Voltrons weapons would have alot of effect on
> Godzilla, exept for his sword. Power wise i dont
> think Godzilla brings anything new to the table
> that a robeast hasnt, such as the tomic breath. I
> do believe Godzilla brings more cunning and
> fighting experence to the table than most Robeast.
> This is what i think might help Big G win. I think
> Voltron would have the upper hand at first, but
> assume Godzilla is just a mindless beast and
> Godzilla would fake his death or something like
> that and come back and surprise Voltron for the
> win

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm the rest of his life
Marvel vs ADnD
November 14, 2011 05:56PM

Count Strahd von Zarovich

vs

Blade
February 29, 2012 07:04PM
Thor vs the Phoenix

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2012 07:06PM by Thrudjelmer.
March 01, 2012 01:26PM
The Lord of Barovia over the Dhampir every time.

Pheonix vs Thor depends on which Thor...Non OdinPowered Thor gets spanked.

Formerly YourHumbleServant

2 things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe ~Albert Einstein

People who advocate foolish or dangerous ideas should not be forcibly silenced, but only as a testament to the greatness of the principle of liberty, NOT because the ideas they advocate have any merit whatsoever. ~Thomas Jefferson

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience ~ Mark Twain

Lady Gaga makes Miley Cyrus look like John Lennon ~ Chris Titus

Government that is big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have..History shows that as government grows..liberty decreases. ~ Thomas Jefferson
Re: Marvel vs ADnD
March 01, 2012 05:56PM
Blade-movie Blade (not comic blade)
Thor-would toss Pheonix like a ragdoll then take her to mead afterwards
Voltron- Lion would be a clear winner
Vehicle Voltron-a very close battle but still Voltron

It's fascinating to think that all around us there's an invisible world we can't even see. I'm speaking, of course, of the World of the Invisible Scary Skeletons.
Jack Handy
March 01, 2012 06:31PM

VS.

Ha Ha Scourge looks so tiny...
but really I think this would be a good one....

It's fascinating to think that all around us there's an invisible world we can't even see. I'm speaking, of course, of the World of the Invisible Scary Skeletons.
Jack Handy
March 01, 2012 11:36PM
Dead Sidekick vs Nightmask

Who will win in this battle of Forum Legends?

Jack Handy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2012 11:38PM by nightson.
March 10, 2012 04:17AM
CapoCastillo Wrote:
> Voltron wins hands down. In the classic series,
> the robot was given 'the power of a star' by a
> space goddess after a particularly bad beatdown.
> Considering Godzilla is about as powerful as an
> atomic bomb, I see Voltron walking all over Big G.
> Beyond that, Voltron's weapons for the individual
> lions are enough to take out battlecruisers from
> Planet Doom. Godzilla's skin may be tough enough
> to take human artillary weapons, but I don't think
> he can handle future human super science.
>
>
> geekgirl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So who would win between Voltron (lion one) and
> > Godzilla. I do not believe the induvidaul lions
> > would be able to do more than annoy Godzilla,
> much
> > like they always seem to be ineffective against
> > Robeast. Now fully formed into Voltron,
> Godzilla
> > would still be bigger i believe Godzilla is
> around
> > 350 ft tall tall while Voltron is only around
> 200
> > ft tall. Voltron has beaten much larger Robeast
> > than him before though. I dont think most of
> > Voltrons weapons would have alot of effect on
> > Godzilla, exept for his sword. Power wise i
> dont
> > think Godzilla brings anything new to the table
> > that a robeast hasnt, such as the tomic breath.
> I
> > do believe Godzilla brings more cunning and
> > fighting experence to the table than most
> Robeast.
> > This is what i think might help Big G win. I
> think
> > Voltron would have the upper hand at first, but
> > assume Godzilla is just a mindless beast and
> > Godzilla would fake his death or something like
> > that and come back and surprise Voltron for the
> > win

It depends. Robots can have great weapons, but they can also have lots of problems, and can break down mechanically or eclectically.

I would go with Godzilla here, unless Voltron engaged at a very far distance the entire time.

X-Men vs Avengers
March 17, 2012 09:47AM
with the upcomming summer event around the corner i decided to throw a few induvidual match ups from each team that i would like to see.

The Thing vs Colossus. I know this was a highly debated match up early in this thread but with Colossus now having the power of Cyttorak i think he easily over matches Mr Grimm.

Jubilee vs Spider Woman. In her old form i think Jubilee would get smoked by Spider Woman, with her current vampire form i think she has a much better chance but would still fall short agaisnt Spider Woman.

Frenzy vs Jessica Jones Im not sure who is stronger, but i think Frenzy is more battle savy. If they go toe to toe Frenzy wins but if Jones uses her powers of flight to keep away and wear down frenzy then i think she wins.

Warpath vs Luke Cage this was a tough one. big angry black man vs big angry indian...lol I really think this match up comes down to who ever hits a big power shot first.

Gambit vs Daredevil. Daredevil is a better hand to hand fighter, but is gambits mutant powers enough to overcome that. I think it is. I think Gambit starts blowing stuff up to confuse DD radar sense and then takes him out.

Psylocke vs Iron Fist. Iron Fist is hands down a better fighter, but i think Psylocke is good enough to hold her own until she can find away to take advantage of the situationwith her mutant powers.

Emma Frost vs Dr Strange. I think Strange has the will power to nulify Emmas mind stricks and that her powers wouldnt have anything to offer his magic

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2012 09:48AM by geekgirl.
Re: X-Men vs Avengers
March 17, 2012 07:42PM
Thing vs Colossus
Colossus- is too powerful now and would toast Ben

Jubilee vs Spider Woman
Spider Woman-I think Jubilee is a joke Vamp Tramp or not

Frenzy vs Jessica Jones
Jessica Jones-I think her powers to keep at distance really give her the advantage

Warpath vs Luke Cage
Luke Cage it's close but Cage is simply more experienced

Gambit vs Daredevil
Gambit-I think DD would get taken down- Gambit's powers tip the scale

Psylocke vs Iron Fist
Psylocke -mind reading ninja -nuff said

Emma Frost vs Dr Strange
Dr Strange -this took some thought but Strange fights gods and demons I think he will take it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2012 07:43PM by nightson.
Tig
March 21, 2012 12:05PM
Why are everbody's PC characters sooooooo powerful ? Geesh everybody can't be an Avenger SMH
May 04, 2012 10:13PM
Tig Wrote:
> Why are everbody's PC characters sooooooo powerful
> ? Geesh everybody can't be an Avenger SMH

Wrong thread? I don't see any PC characters on this page, which goes back to last July.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm the rest of his life
May 04, 2012 10:15PM
nightson Wrote:
> [images.discoazul.com]
> .jpg Dead Sidekick vs Nightmask
> [www.thebuzzmedia.com]
> 6/08/rabid_raccoon.jpg
>
>
> Who will win in this battle of Forum Legends?

Awesome lol! I doubt many phorumites will touch that can of worms though lol.

May 05, 2012 05:53PM
true_dweomer said- "Awesome lol! I doubt many phorumites will touch that can of worms though lol."

very true...you are the first to even mention this since my post.

Jack Handy
June 05, 2012 06:23PM
Midnighter vs. Psylocke

I think this would be a good one -both are talented and brutal fighters and can "read" eachothers moves
May come done to luck..Midnighter is stronger and regens but Psylocke's mental powers could tip the scale..Thoughts?

Jack Handy
Age old debate ,Who would win: Silver Surfer vs Superman
June 28, 2012 07:18AM
The site made Superman's stats for Marvel TSR so we can compare both of their capabilities. Who would win if Marvel's cosmic champion the Silver Surfer battled DC's true son Superman?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2012 07:19AM by Herpes.
Attachments:
open | download - silver sufer superman 5562619566_d1b60d59ae_z.jpg (212.2 KB)
open | download - Silver_Surfer_Superman_Vol_1_1.jpg (85.4 KB)
Re: Age old debate ,Who would win: Silver Surfer vs Superman
June 28, 2012 07:26AM
Wizard said it best in the 90s.

SILVER SURFER

HIS DEAL: As the former herald of the world-devourer Galactus, Norrin Radd possesses he "power cosmic," an energy source capable of almost any feat imaginable, making him one of the most powerful beings in the cosmos.

WHY HE'S #1: The Surfer is the fringe character that seperates humanity from the omnipotence of Galactus or Eternity, making him tops on our list. His power cosmic is so powerful that it's not a matter of what the Surfer can do, it's what he can't. Matter-manipulation, the power reserves of stars, traveling at lightspeed ... he may even be able to create life. He's truely in a power class of his own.

VS. HULK: The Hulk may be physically stronger than the Surfer, but c'mon, our boy Norrin would never let the Hulk get near him. He'd zip up on the Hulk at near-lightspeed, unleash just a fraction of the power cosmic and, when the Hulk came to at the bottom of the smoking crater a couple days later, the Surfer'd be done kicking the crap out of the rest of the heros on this list.

VS. FIRESTORM: No contest. Whatever Ronnie can do, Norrin can undo. With the skill and far greater matter-manipulation power at his command, Firestorm rates a two-panel fight at best.

VS. PROF. X: Yeah, you guessed it, between the Surfer's incomprehensible speed and indomitable will, Prof. X may give the Surfer a run for his money in chess, but not in combat.

VS. SPAWN: The Surfer's faced down Mephisto, Marvel's version of Satan, so a Satan-flunkie like Spawn ain't gonna do much that the Surfer hasn't overcome before.

VS. DR. STRANGE: Dr. Strange is a human conduit of magic with human frailties, while the Surfer can stand at the center of a super-nova without breaking a sweat. It might take a couple of hours, but Strange would burn himself out trying to dent the Surfer.

VS. FLASH: Sorry, the Surfer is faster than the Flash, with the power of the universe at his command. Once you take away his speed, Wally is just a guy. G'night, Wally.

VS. WONDER WOMAN: Diana may be a better fighter, but the Surfer is faster, tougher and more powerful. Ten bucks says Wonder Woman's bracelets aren't up to deflecting the power cosmic.

VS. SUPERMAN: While Supes might land a couple of blows as the Surfer is trying to talk to him, our bald buddy Norrin could either hammer Supes into submission with the power cosmic or suck all the solar energy out of him with his energy manipulation powers.

VS. THOR: Surfer's power cosmic is fairly evenly matched with Mjolnir (whose magical properies aren't affected by the universe's laws of physics), which would absorb/deflect Surfer's power for a while. While Surfer couldn't do much physical damage to Thor, Thor would hammer the Surfer unconscious ... if he could hit him. And even though Mjolnir could block Surfer's powerful blasts, some would eventually land. As the battle progressed, more and more of the Surfer's blows would connect until one super-blast of the power cosmic would put the Odinson down for the count. And the worst part? The Surfer, one of the most noble spirits in the universe, would search the rubble after the fight, grab Mjolnir and head off to Disneyworld.

Re: Age old debate ,Who would win: Silver Surfer vs Superman
June 28, 2012 08:08AM
Wizard had it all figured out. I was just looking at Supermans stats, Shift Y Endurance, 455 Health, and Shift Y Regeneration??? That's still alot to handle.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2012 08:10AM by Herpes.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 23
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.